Walgreens BOGO Bicycle Prestige (4 Viewers)

JustinInMN

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Insane deal at Walgreens on Bicycle Prestige cards. Buy 1, Get 1 FREE! (Reg $9.99/EA where I live.)

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/bicycle-prestige-plastic-playing-cards/ID=prod6007646-product

These are plastic cards at 2 for 10 bucks.

About half the stores within 10 mi of my place we're out, but I was able to snag the last two at one spot today.

These are the wider poker size (compared to my Desjgn bridge size cards also pictured.)

IMG_20200520_191829870.jpg
IMG_20200520_192040736.jpg

I don't think there is a better deal on plastic cards, grab these if you can!

I have bought these a lot in the past, definitely a good deal. Unfortunately I only use bridge size jumbo index now and I’ve never seen them offered in this sale.

I used to clean out my local store whenever these were BOGO, hoard them, and donate them to the regular host of my weekly tourney group one setup at a time as the old ones wore out. Before I started that, the group was using filthy, marked and creased paper Bikes.

Lately though, the Walgreens deal has been 1/2 off the second deck instead of BOGO, so I stopped. While these are a great deal at $10/setup, I can't justify $15 when a Desjgn setup is only a couple dollars more and so much better.

I'll definitely be picking a few of these up tomorrow.

EDIT: Fixed Desjgn - damn you autocorrect!

Last edited:
I'm new to plastic cards and grabbed THESE on Amazon. A little over $8 per setup. Are the Bicycle cards better?

Depends on what you like in a card. The ACE cards are made by Cartamundi, and feel a bit thinner and have less texture on them. On the plus side, the ACE have a pip that is larger than standard index, but smaller than a typical jumbo.

There are reviews of both the Bicycle and ACE cards in the Cards Review thread.

Depends on what you like in a card. The ACE cards are made by Cartamundi, and feel a bit thinner and have less texture on them. On the plus side, the ACE have a pip that is larger than standard index, but smaller than a typical jumbo.

There are reviews of both the Bicycle and ACE cards in the Cards Review thread.
Yes, pretty sure it was your review that steered me to those.

Thank you very much for the heads up, I have three setups of these in the card collection and a lot of my players say these are their favorites. I’m going to stop by the local store and see if they have any left. Good lookin out dude.

I must say, after opening and feeling the cards, I’m extremely impressed. Would not have thought Bicycle cards from Walgreens would be worth much. They have a “tooth” to them...almost like a very fine sandpaper. The only cards that I’ve tried that had a similar “grit” was an older Dal Negro Treviso setup, and I LOVE those cards.
Thanks for the enlightenment, my wallet also thanks you

Last edited:
I must say, after opening and feeling the cards, I’m extremely impressed. Would not have thought Bicycle cards from Walgreens would be worth much. They have a “tooth” to them...almost like a very fine sandpaper. The only cards that I’ve tried that had a similar “grit” was an older Dal Negro Treviso setup, and I LOVE those cards.
Thanks for the enlightenment, my wallet also thanks you
Try a set up of the new Grand Victorian cards that @desjgn sells. They are made by Dal Negro and have the same textured feel to them. They're my favorite cards at the moment.

Try a set up of the new Grand Victorian cards that @desjgn sells. They are made by Dal Negro and have the same textured feel to them. They're my favorite cards at the moment.

Yeah I just got a setup of the Victorians and agree they are awesome. I really like the texture on them, and the art on the backs is sweet too.

Yeah this deal used to run all the time. Wonder how the card stock compares to the Fournier version?
I just got these a few hours ago - they feel nice and everything and I know people say they are Fournier 2800 series, but they don't quite feel like my Fournier WPT Gold or my Fournier WSOP and we know those are just different artwork on 2818's. Could these Bicycle Prestige actually be Fournier 2500 series (check them out here https://www.naipeszaca.com/en/all-o...-poker-8420707351809.html#/26-back_colour-red )?

Picked these cards up from Walgreens yesterday. I really like these cards a lot. If they were jumbo index I would be in love. I love the texture, feel, bend, thickness. I really like the back design a lot. Love the stripe down the center. The box is fantastic. I don't know how you could find a better deal at 2 for $10!

Two minor gripes with the cards 1) They have a really strong odor. My nose is not sensitive, and odors don't generally bother me, but these are the only cards I've ever noticed such a strong odor from. This isn't really a worry, I would think it should go away quickly. 2) The back design is slightly off center. It's slight, but I noticed it quickly. Most players probably would not notice it. Were any of yours that way? Mine are blue cards with a 2018 date on the back.

If you use standard index cards, you have to give these cards a try. I like them so much that even though my group only uses jumbo index, I might try to sneak them in. I also like them so much that I ordered the jumbo index version from playingcards.net (link above). They are called Bicycle Prestige also, but the backs and the box is different. I hope the cards are the same. Does anyone know?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom