Velveteen or speed cloth for a 8.5ft table? (2 Viewers)

That's great spike. Post of pics? I appreciate the tip on adhesive.

I am coming up with the design for mine.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Spike, from your other thread looks like you be getting a lighting upgrade too. Would be great to see how it comes out.
Check my deja vu official thread . Table pic there

Sent using tapatalk!

Out of curiosity, how does the gaming suede hold up to spills or to poorly placed beer bottles? I have occasionally had players set down a drink right next to the cup-holder. It's not common, but I would dread permanent rings or unwashable spills.

Out of curiosity, how does the gaming suede hold up to spills or to poorly placed beer bottles? I have occasionally had players set down a drink right next to the cup-holder. It's not common, but I would dread permanent rings or unwashable spills.

I've heard good comments from other posters, but I do have a sample. I guess I could poor some beer and smash some cheetos and let you know the results.

Last edited:
The gaming suede is waterproof in that if you spill anything on it the liquid will bead on the surface. Just dab it up with a cloth or paper towel. However, if you place a sweating can or glass on the felt long enough it will leave a ring.

Martini glass on felt = ok.
Tumbler glass with rocks on felt = puppies crying.

Thanks Tony for the custom cloth at a great price! I want to applaud Tony for his customer service. The font was off on the first print and at no extra charge Tony readily offered to reprint with the fix and shipped asap.

I want to add a huge thanks to the community for giving me feedback on the design. I can't wait to get some chips on it and put it into play!

20150428_193537.jpg

I currently have 2 tables, one with velveteen and one with speedcloth. I personally prefer the softer feel of the velveteen, plus I fan the deck out better. :)
Just ordered the sample of Chanman's 'gaming suede' as I'm doing a custom print on my new build.
As for adhesive, I used a light spray of 3M 77 on the wood for the foam (same with rail), just to tack it in place while pulled the material tight. ymmv..

I currently have 2 tables, one with velveteen and one with speedcloth. I personally prefer the softer feel of the velveteen, plus I fan the deck out better. :)
Just ordered the sample of Chanman's 'gaming suede' as I'm doing a custom print on my new build.
As for adhesive, I used a light spray of 3M 77 on the wood for the foam (same with rail), just to tack it in place while pulled the material tight. ymmv..
Cool. I did the same thing for foam on my other two tables and can see where doing this with the cloth could help with preventing ripples. I probably will do a light haze for the chan cloth as suggested. I should have made the title t-chan custom cloth ftw. I like how much softer it is than the ssc. Pitching cards on the chan cloth is a breeze.

what did you use for the diffuser? looks marbley

I bought it at a plastics store local to me called Tap Plastics. I think they called it pearl. I liked the marble effect to fit with the overall look of the table. Unfortunately, I don't see it on their website. They charge by area and custom cut to size. It cost only around 30 to 40 bucks.

I suggest going to a local plastics shop and looking at what they have for something similar.

That looks fantastic. This table actually has me entertaining the idea of making a lighted rail table. Great job!

I bought it at a plastics store local to me called Tap Plastics. I think they called it pearl. I liked the marble effect to fit with the overall look of the table. Unfortunately, I don't see it on their website. They charge by area and custom cut to size. It cost only around 30 to 40 bucks.

I suggest going to a local plastics shop and looking at what they have for something similar.
This is exactly what I did just a few days ago- got them to cut strips 1.6" wide by 96" long of some sort of plastic material that is 1/16th thick. I opted for clear and I'm going to take a crack at putting on some translucent designs printed on clear vinyl labels. But I like the marble effect on yours.

This is exactly what I did just a few days ago- got them to cut strips 1.6" wide by 96" long of some sort of plastic material that is 1/16th thick. I opted for clear and I'm going to take a crack at putting on some translucent designs printed on clear vinyl labels. But I like the marble effect on yours.

I would like to see pics and the method you use for the printed vynil labels. I was considering some sort of sticker at first.

Page 1 of that thread is where most of the info is. $160 shipped if you order before June 1st. $185 if you order after.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom