Cash Game Using denoms larger than max bet (1 Viewer)

ThinkingFold

Flush
Reaction score
Play in a micro cash game with a $4 max bet(plus three raises) and have been thinking of adding in a $5 chip as I find the red poker chips to generally be the best looking imho. With the allowable raises, a call often ends up above $5 so don't see this being a big problem but just curious if anyone has done something similar and ran into any unforeseen issues.

If I am playing $4 max and the set doesn't have enough $1s to run the game alone, I will add in $20s or $25s as a way to store value. Never tried it with smaller chips. Works fine - the $20s rarely come into play.

DrStrange

If I am playing $4 max and the set doesn't have enough $1s to run the game alone, I will add in $20s or $25s as a way to store value. Never tried it with smaller chips. Works fine - the $20s rarely come into play.

DrStrange

I agree with DrStrange. Makes more sense to me to have $20 chips. That way there is a quick exchange of a stack of $1s for a $20.

So how does that work - $4 max but with 3 raises? Is that like a $4 or 3 raises, whichever come first situation? Or could I leaf out for $4 and then be raised another $4 a couple of times?

I think we’re talking about a 2/4 limit game, no? If so, then the Good Doctor has said it best: add $20s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom