Ultrasonic Cleaning Method - Video Tutorial (4 Viewers)

I may try this one day, but for me, clear dish soap, toothbrush, and warm water does the trick!

Wow this is an amazing tutorial for a newbie like me, and the tools and machines are not expensive as I was able to find a second hand ultrasonic machine similar to the one in the video. Super excited to try it on my yakama lot!

thank you for sharing your experience with us, it was very interesting
and the result :ah::as:
good continuation

Here’s what I have going today. About 650 crystal park chips to go through.
0AE24A16-146C-4554-AB13-450C15D392BC.jpeg

Soak for about 30 mins in warm water and dawn
35764BB6-07D3-4C82-A7AA-93D86B80990D.jpeg

Run about 2 mins through the ultrasonic with 2 tablespoon TSP and 1 tablespoon dawn. Comes out nice and clean
338489BC-70AC-40BB-BED9-FCDEAEAE7F0D.jpeg

In the thread from other crystal park owners, they mentioned that dawn helped.

I gave it a try and it did take a little longer to clean, but then again I was doing larger amounts of chips per batch. Seemed to work fine.

Last time I had to clean chips was when I got my Horseshoe Cincy set and those were some of the most filthy chips I've ever had.

Yeah, the 30 minute soak and Dawn in the Ultrasonic sound counter productive. I'm leery of soaking chips that long... water getting under inlays etc. Generally the dirtiest RHC chips with the original mixture of TSP are in the ultrasonic for 30 seconds... no pre-soak... 40 chips at a time.

Decided to video document my first attempt at Ski_Ex5's Ultrasonic Cleaning Method. Since it was my first go, it certainly wasn't perfect.

I sincerely hope this helps in tandem with the original documented instructions. I sincerely appreciate Ski_Ex5's OP and the helpful contributed info from Tommy and liftapint.

*Warning* - I am born and raised in Northern California so anticipate a lot of "hella" "super awesome" "totally" and a potential "dude".

Shot with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Soundtrack credit:

• Bonobo - Antenna
  • Keep Shelly in Athens - In Love With Dusk
  • Bonobo - Cirrus

The aftermath water and the chips i cleaned in batch 1:

View attachment 4785View attachment 4786
That's a cool process. I like it to the point that I will purchase one unit to begin a massive clean up. Thanks for the video

The photos are amazing, I can't believe how good they look post clean. But the video isn't working on the top post... would love to see it if it's available somewhere. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom