• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Tropicana Paulson $5 Rack BIN $250 (1 Viewer)

coolcustomer123

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-5-Tropi...785948?hash=item1ebf51289c:g:7HcAAOSw9GhYcqxx

Pretty nice price too.

I bought them, there is a chance I won't need them. If that's the case I'll let you know.

I'm intrigued to know whether the seller was accurately describing the chips, or not. The writeup said they are mintier than a mouthful of Mentos, but the pictures said otherwise.

I'm intrigued to know whether the seller was accurately describing the chips, or not. The writeup said they are mintier than a mouthful of Mentos, but the pictures said otherwise.

We shall see soon enough I can let you know if I remember.

As figured, not as described. About 20 are mint, 80 not so much. The others have so much use on some that they are half a chip in height worn down. One or two are warped and a few have some big flea bites. There are quite a few the stamping is well faded on. I'm sending them back.
20170113_170729.jpg
20170113_172245.jpg
20170113_172411.jpg

Sucks, but what do you do. I was hoping mint racks in which case it would've been fantastic, but for $5 shipping meh. He also just threw them in a flash rate box, not padding, bubble wrap nothing. Painful.

As figured, not as described. About 20 are mint, 80 not so much. The others have so much use on some that they are half a chip in height worn down. One or two are warped and a few have some big flea bites. There are quite a few the stamping is well faded on. I'm sending them back. View attachment 76044 View attachment 76045 View attachment 76046

Thats a shame.

I personally would consider returning them for not being "As described"

$250 is a decent price for decent / mint condition. These are not that.

Just re-read your post. Your are sending them back.

wow - I wonder what the seller thought was going to happen. It doesn't seem like a mistake, he carefully selected which chips to show in the picture so he had to have sorted through the rack to get the best chips to show. I know we quibble over mint vs uncirculated vs lightly used but these chips can't possibly be confused with 'never been out of the box" truly mint chips.

what a bummer -=- DrStrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom