Traveling to Dallas / Cowboys Playoff Game (1 Viewer)

First quarter was rough, but they gave us hope with the long run and catch from Terrance Williams. They came out really tentative on offense and defense and Detroit capitalized on it.

At the half I told my wife that every single thing went wrong for us and we were only down 10. If we got the ball back in the 2nd half without Detroit scoring, I liked our chances.

Crowd got VERY LOUD in the 2nd half. They had a decibel meter on the big screen and it was regularly above 110db. I loved seeing Stafford take 2 delay of game penalties and the Lions taking 2 false starts.

The über controversial call didn't look that controversial live - they threw a flag and picked it up. Calls were going against Dallas the entire second half so it sorta felt like vindication. The replay on the big screen looked like offensive pass interference.

I told my wife that the Cowboys would stop the Lions in the 4th, come down and score a TD to go up 24-20, and then dear sweet Jesus I have no idea if we can hold them.

The sack and fumble was a heartbreaker. I was still lamenting the lost opportunity when Lawrence strip-sacked Stafford and recovered it to seal the win. It's at this point I lost my voice and started just pointing at the field and grunting at my wife.

She was AWESOME! First game ever, and she was yelling, screaming, waving her Cowboys towel, the works. On the walk back to the hotel, she was asking me if we could come down once a year - "YOU BETCHA!!!"

Most satisfying sports win ever - so happy we went down there. She's already looking forward to watching the game this Sunday with me. Incredible to watch a game with other Cowboys fan - never experienced that for a playoff games in 35 years.

Day before (Sat) was a Rally Day. For $25 you get field access, kick field goals, throw a ball around (and they sell you one for $30) and can visit the press room, locker room, and the Miller Lite bar where the players run out before the game.

Stadium is amazing. Not a bad seat in the house - our seats where high but on the 50 yard line and best of both worlds - big screen with high def and the game right in front of us.

Pics from the game and Rally Day:

Be a fan, not a fanatic:
View attachment 4978

Laundry and standing room Party Pass area:
View attachment 4979

Warmups from our seats (Section 443, Row 2)
View attachment 4980

More field activities:
View attachment 4981

Post game interview with Lawrence:
View attachment 4982

We're on to Green Bay:
View attachment 4983

And this is why after this season, just put away the team that you arbitrarily like because your cousin liked them when you werre 7, and start rooting for the home team where you live. It is a lot more fun to watch the games with fellow fans...

I hate how sports fan say you can't change sports allegiances, despite the fact that the reasons for the allegiances are so thin that they hardly warrant existing. Root for the teams your friends root for. It's +ELV (expected life value).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom