Travel ban (1 Viewer)

1A25R

Flush
Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone point me to a source where the recent travel ban is explained? Information here is a bit chaotic and it seems that there is some confusion about who is concerned (permanent resident vs in transit?)

Thanks in advance

Ok gotcha, is not geographical "Europe" it's the economic view of "Europe"
It only concerns 99% of Schengen common visa area. (Ireland is not in the ban)
Neither UK or Turkey

Watching with interest how the international airlines will react today..

If possible, give the USA a couple of days to figure out what this means. The administration amended President Trump's ban on cargo minutes after his teleprompter speech. Meaning everything Trump said, he meant to say. Yet even so, the presumably carefully written presentation was not exactly what will be in force.

Perhaps the local US Embassy is the best place to get definitive information, after they get guidance as to what the actual policy will be. Oh, and expect changes.

Good luck, I fear you will need it -=- DrStrange

PS also be mindful that there could be reciprocal bans on travel from the USA to Europe. It isn't as though the USA isn't as infested as Europe.

I do not feel like European countries will ban US travels as retaliation.
I think that there is a big chance that air companies temporarily ground their planes.

well, the ban it's from the 13th March to 13th April.
By the 4th May it will be all right. The economic losses will be so big that no one will ban travels twice :)

Amen :)

If possible, give the USA a couple of days to figure out what this means. The administration amended President Trump's ban on cargo minutes after his teleprompter speech. Meaning everything Trump said, he meant to say. Yet even so, the presumably carefully written presentation was not exactly what will be in force.

Perhaps the local US Embassy is the best place to get definitive information, after they get guidance as to what the actual policy will be. Oh, and expect changes.

Good luck, I fear you will need it -=- DrStrange

PS also be mindful that there could be reciprocal bans on travel from the USA to Europe. It isn't as though the USA isn't as infested as Europe.

Contacting US embassy around April 10th is a very good idea, thank you. :tup:

Do you know guys if some member of the forum work at LAX airport?

I'm suscribing to the thread... will travel but in october 2020 should be alright

It will be a logistical challenge for airlines in terms of having no passengers flying one direction between US and Europe. I wonder if the routes are viable without passenger for one leg or whether the planes can continue onto other locations with passenger...

I don’t think the USA really is as infested as Europe. Or the Middle East for that matter. Mainly because of the early travel restrictions placed between the USA and China. Also because at least one cruise ship wasn’t allowed to dock until a quarantine period ended.

I don’t think the USA really is as infested as Europe. Or the Middle East for that matter. Mainly because of the early travel restrictions placed between the USA and China. Also because at least one cruise ship wasn’t allowed to dock until a quarantine period ended.
The death rate in America says otherwise. They just probably haven't a clue about the true number because they have barely tested.

That is wildly inaccurate. In fact, the infection rate may be higher because otherwise healthy people were kept on the cruise ship longer with a crew that was contaminated. That same crew was still responsible for cooking, serving, fixing plumbing, ect. Getting them off the ship would have been ideal, but poor decisions are made in a "panic" state.

My trip to US is foreseen for Sep-2020. I hope it'll be alright at that time.

I also hope that everyone who is impacted will be compensated.

Cross finger for you @Don Clay !

Ok gotcha, is not geographical "Europe" it's the economic view of "Europe"
It only concerns 99% of Schengen common visa area. (Ireland is not in the ban)
Neither UK or Turkey
Turkey, due to its authoritarian regime, has only declared one (1) case of the virus:rolleyes: (no laugh emoticons 'cause this is awfully serious)
Realistic estimates raise that to the thousands...

My trip to US is foreseen for Sep-2020. I hope it'll be alright at that time.

I also hope that everyone who is impacted will be compensated.

Cross finger for you @Don Clay !
We just decided to cancel our plans to visit family in Florida next week. Dang. Just too much uncertainty right now.

Flew to Milwaukee. Airports were very light, and the car rental facility was empty. We were the only ones getting a car (though we didn't check luggage, so there might have been more yet to come).

I'm starting to like the Covid-19. :cautious:

My son isn’t going on Spring break to LA as planned on Saturday. Airline tickets can be reused. Air BNB sunk cost. Happy dad that he won’t be going through the airports and riding 4 hours on a plane both ways.

My wife and daughter are going to NYC tomorrow morning.
They decided they weren't going to let this stop them. (fingers crossed emoji)

My wife and daughter are going to NYC tomorrow morning.
They decided they weren't going to let this stop them. (fingers crossed emoji)
I'm not worried about myself or my family. We are young and healthy, and not nearly as much at risk of having serious problems if we catch this virus.

But we were going to visit my wife's 70+ year old parents, and I have 70+ year old parents back home - one of whom was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer. So we didn't want to become carriers of this damn virus and end up causing problems for them.

It's just more prudent at this point to stay put and see what happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom