Too late to submit my last set of customs to HOF? (1 Viewer)

You totally missed the opportunity to insert a rick-rolled video.
that’s too funny! last week i was trying to watch a movie on the android box. whatever link i clicked bricked my device and from that point forward any movie selected went straight to a rick roll. it was genius.. i wasn’t even mad. the wife said it best “like, who gets rick rolled these days?”

How does one get into the backchannel market? Are there hidden forums or PM/email?

You didn't know
www.pokerchipforum/backchannelmarket.com
I thought that was given to everyone in the pcf field manual during boot camp

You totally missed the opportunity to insert a rick-rolled video.

fixed the link... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

tl;dr ---> www.pokerchipforum/backchannelmarket.com

Why the f is there a chip clip on that poor dog's ears? That has to hurt like hell

ears are too floppy and probably get into the food... i doubt its painful... you not into the nipple clip play, bud? :LOL: :laugh:

How does one get into the backchannel market? Are there hidden forums or PM/email?
Track the public buy/sell transactions, determine who has what set(s), send PMs to make offers, stay off the grid... in turn, reciprocate those private offers that come to you via PM. Etc. etc...
^^ This. The 'backchannel' market may sound nefarious, but it's really just through friendly PMs. Here are two examples. Just understand that I'm not an active poster of many "For Sale" ads, (I'm more of an active buyer/hoarder of chips.).

Example 1 -- There have been times when members saw chips I had photos of in my galleries or in response to chips discussed/posted in other threads, who PM me, asking something like 'hey, saw your photos of ...' - 'do you still have them, and would you ever considered selling; I'm looking to build a set of ....' And I may reach back out to them and be willing to sell some chips. [Other times I reply: those chips are Not for Sale. ;)]

Example 2 -- Someone posted a For Sale ad for 1 rack of chips, and at least two people responded to the ad saying they'd buy the chips. I had a few racks of the same chips at home, and I really didn't need all of them, so I reached out to the second person who replied in that sale thread, who missed out on the chips, to offer them a rack. IIRC, I even offered a slightly lower price than what the chips in the original ad sold for. (I made that deal on the condition that the chips in the ad sold to the first person to respond, as I did not want to ruin someone else's sale.)

I agree with you that friendly deals do still exist, and most are now done privately. The backchannel market is still pretty active, and is artificially reminiscent of the days of old when most chippers were in it for the chips, not the money.
There have been a couple times where some chips with very good prices were sold in the classifieds here, (and often by PM, so you couldn't tell who bought the chips by looking at the thread), and a few weeks later, the chips turned up on eBay posted for much higher prices, by an eBay seller who I don't think is an active part of the community here on PCF (chipsdealer on eBay). So I think that's one reason the backchannel market is fairly active.

I'd rather sell chips (at reasonable prices) to active members of the community here on PCF who will put chips to use, post photos, take time to discuss chips in threads or in PMs, or are actively involved here on PCF.

And @grantc54, with the killer relabel tournament set you've built and shared in posts here, you've earned backchannel street cred. Although some members might frown at your destruction of chip inlays. :) With all the photos of that process you've posted, the downside to that is you probably never receive any backchannel PMs that ask: 'hey, I'm looking for some Par-a-dice $25s with the original inlays intact. Got any?'

Example 1 -- There have been times when members saw chips I had photos of in my galleries or in response to chips discussed/posted in other threads, who PM me, asking something like 'hey, saw your photos of ...' - 'do you still have them, and would you ever considered selling; I'm looking to build a set of ....' And I may reach back out to them and be willing to sell some chips. [Other times I reply: those chips are Not for Sale. ;)]
Yup, done that with @AWenger :)

Example 2 -- Someone posted a For Sale ad for 1 rack of chips, and at least two people responded to the ad saying they'd buy the chips. I had a few racks of the same chips at home, and I really didn't need all of them, so I reached out to the second person who replied in that sale thread, who missed out on the chips, to offer them a rack. IIRC, I even offered a slightly lower price than what the chips in the original ad sold for. (I made that deal on the condition that the chips in the ad sold to the first person to respond, as I did not want to ruin someone else's sale.)
Yup, done that with @AWenger as well. :tup:

That last chip must have been a dice chip. Look how fast she got out of the way!

actually, it was one of these

tenor.gif

Personally, I don't give a FUCK what any of you think about private ventures to acquire PAULSONS (unless it is POSITIVE, progressive and/or smart), chip prices "these days", "fraudulent" eBay prices and the will to take them all down dramatically like CHIP PRICE COPS, -- wtf?....get a LIFE! , "flippers", the "back market", the "front market", your mother's pussy market, or your local grocery market for that matter.

GLAM PCFA

GLAM PCFA = Good Luck Acquiring Mint Paulson Chips....Fuckers, ALWAYS.

For those of you speaking out negatively.... You will never acquire ANY of my mint Paulson chips -- NEVER EVER. My ignore list is up to 26 and growing with disgust, no shit. Anyone looking to throw ANYONE under any bus, anyone looking to cause DRAMA, anyone straight out looking to be a lil BITCH, will never get any of MY chips. Understand?

I'M WATCHING YOU.
Awwwwwww shit! Mic drop haha

Hahahahaha, I hope nobodies mother is operating one of those markets.

I think you should post a pic of your collection so that people can seriously consider whether they’d like to hit post lol.

tenor.gif

Personally, I don't give a FUCK what any of you think about private ventures to acquire PAULSONS (unless it is POSITIVE, progressive and/or smart), chip prices "these days", "fraudulent" eBay prices and the will to take them all down dramatically like CHIP PRICE COPS, -- wtf?....get a LIFE! , "flippers", the "back market", the "front market", your mother's pussy market, or your local grocery market for that matter.

GLAM PCFA

For those of you speaking out negatively.... You will never acquire ANY of my mint Paulson chips -- NEVER EVER. My ignore list is up to 26 and growing with disgust, no shit. Anyone looking to throw ANYONE under any bus, anyone looking to cause DRAMA, anyone straight out looking to be a lil BITCH, will never get any of MY chips. Understand?

I'M WATCHING YOU.

Ooo yes! I’m a ‘no drama’ kind of guy! Perhaps I could buy some your minty Paulsons for a fantastic crazy low price (if you would allow) publicly . That will show those haters what they are missing! Happy to help!:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::LOL: :laugh:

Last edited:
you can custom Paulson chips now, are they available for the public. those are some really nice looking chips.

tenor.gif

GLAM PCFA

I'M WATCHING YOU.

Someone likes the bottle a bit too much

tenor.gif

GLAM PCFA

I'M WATCHING YOU.

Weird. In calling out drama, you have posted the most dramatic reply in this entire thread. Add me to your ignore list and go see someone about your anger issues.

tenor.gif

GLAM PCFA

I'M WATCHING YOU.
Put me on that list until you mature a bit more. Or if I really want them I’ll just get someone else on here to buy them... I also totally just have one account so you got me! :LOL: :laugh:

Reactions: JWC
WTF was that post all about? .... is he mad that no one wants to buy his chips because everyone likes new Paulson's better? I figured this thread was dead until this drama came up :tdown:

Reactions: JWC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom