Toad Stuff (1 Viewer)

Great design... 2400 chips is nice.

Have you scheduled your add on to work on those split racks?

High denom sit racks are palatable, but it looks like you need two barrels of fivers and another barrel of greenies. Sell off two barrels of blacks and a barrel of purple.

dibs

Last edited:
I've posted this set before, but I added a quarter (and a few secondaries) to my Bellagio tribute set so I thought new pics were in order. The quarter is Butterscotch and Canary Yellow. As always the gang at CPC rocks!

c67rOay.jpg

mokCJ06.jpg

Lyt1GbB.jpg

FeamQ75.jpg

ucueTDP.jpg

r4OlxTr.jpg

A little color variation between three orders (and ~5 years, including the move to Vegas and back as the Phoenix-esque CPC) doesn't bother me at all.

QSSTF8F.jpg

1a7eTip.jpg

t5q0f3A.jpg

SpmcYS7.jpg

v0rVyJz.jpg

CDnuoDn.jpg

7WH3fg3.jpg

FJj2kSa.jpg

Such a BEAUTY, Mark!!!

Those quarters are awesome! But you got too many of them. :p

@toad94 you consistently come up with color combos that, on paper, I'd never believe would pop. And then when produced they're so much brighter and more expressive than almost anything else. I'm always impressed with your use of the ASM/CPC palette.

mark gets his own wing in the custom chip HoF, right?
And Mark's spouse/SO deserves a fucking medal.

Toad: Hey honey, gonna place another chip order soon

SO: How much?

Toad: Just like 7,000 chips, and only 3 denoms have 10+ spots, so I'll keep it under $30,000 this time. Don't worry, this is my only custom set this quarter.

Sorry this is a reprint from CT, but CT was a bit messed up and now my Photobucket links are a bit messed up. I resized some of the original pictures bigger than Photobucket, though, so there's that. (y) :thumbsup:

Floyd and Clyde's Gold Rush

Sometime around 1895 my great grand-father, Floyd, and his younger brother, Clyde, were in the gold-mining town of Cripple Creek, Colorado. They would have been ~23 and 20 at the time.

Y1vjAbm.jpg

One night they decided to play poker at a local saloon. Floyd played a while but stopped pretty much even. Clyde, though, played a lot longer. In fact, Clyde went on an unbelievable run that resulted in a pile of gold coins.

(just a stock photo of dudes playing poker)
2bO96nI.jpg

At the time the U.S. had gold coins in $3, $5, $10, and $20 denominations. The daily pay for a miner back then was around $3, though, so any pile of gold coins was going to amount to a LOT of money. It would be nice to have known the high water mark for that stack but that detail has been lost to history.

(Here's the 1895 coins they would have been playing with)
6oB5lp7.jpg

By the time Floyd walked by to check on Clyde the stacks of gold coins had grown even larger. Floyd urged Clyde to get up and leave. Clyde yelled back “No way, I’m staying here ‘til I have it all!” I imagine that rubbed the players the wrong way since nobody likes a losing streak rubbed in their faces, but from what I've heard Clyde was not the demure type and not all 20 year olds are all that humble, either. Anyway, Floyd (still trying to be the voice of reason) briefly pleaded with Clyde to leave. Clyde refused. Floyd sat down behind Clyde and bit his tongue.

A while later (probably in the wee hours of the night) Clyde pushed the last of his coins into a pot and subsequently lost the hand. I don’t know the details of how the game was played, if fresh (or cheating) players came into the game or not, if the deal was on the level, or if everything was fair and square and Clyde just pushed his luck too far, but in the end he lost it all. Floyd probably had to help Clyde out of his chair and out the door. I imagine Clyde was heart-broken. But still, what a great night (for a while, anyway).

In hindsight it’s probably a good thing Clyde lost it all—walking home at night in a semi-lawless mining town with a bag full of gold might have ended up with Floyd and Clyde getting shot in the back and then I wouldn’t be here telling this story.

Floyd & Clyde years later. Floyd is on the far left; Clyde is on the far right.
hJ7ShVj.jpg

In honor of this epic run of cards (and because I wanted to take advantage of JimB’s offer to use the smooth no-mold [edit: back in 2011]) I came up with “Floyd & Clyde’s Gold Rush”. I know the design is a lot busier than typical C&S chips would have been, but I wasn’t going for that exact look.

Even though I ordered charcoal hundos from ASM the idea of octagons stuck with me so I ordered 50 of those from Old West Poker Supplies. Salvatore was great to work with and the octagons came out very nice. The edge shows some inconsistency in the ink but I think that's to be expected trying to get solid black on ceramics. As always ASM was great and the chips are super flat--no spinners whatsoever. There's plenty of thickness differences in the chips but that's exactly as advertised and it doesn't bother me a bit. As a bonus, a barrel of octagons and a barrel of ASMs are exactly the same height--I didn't expect that.

A special thanks goes out to @jbutler for sending his Clermont chips my way. If I hadn't seen and felt the smooth no-mold in person I probably wouldn't have ordered these. Seeing them up close made this an easy decision--thanks Jack!

iWAql60.jpg

Zl1GquJ.jpg

irtputh.jpg

uPrK9P4.jpg

8HQWJWm.jpg

oSqeUmV.jpg

mUnQ2Rl.jpg

bilfYjB.jpg

k4TU81k.jpg

nGmRNcu.jpg

BlHJDyK.jpg

FQlZZXZ.jpg

NWiM5XU.jpg

suited speed cloth and smooth no-mold textures... kinda neat
ZugAcwT.jpg

The Huntley Lodge tournament add-on arrived a while ago but I failed to post pr0n. :oops: I also have some older shots I want to include here.

The original set was ordered in 2009 (I think). There's a slight color variation from the original $1s to the add-on $1s, but given the eight year span between orders it's completely understandable. There's something special about the plain mold/no-mold. I'm very grateful ASM/CPC made this mold available to us.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

DFHU8a4.jpg

2F9QoxJ.jpg

hOizaYd.jpg

BuSL7Qp.jpg

Gog6v5t.jpg

All of 'em:
uS4nZ8R.jpg

wyqlssj.jpg

3zVdnqm.jpg

2I0BNRT.jpg

yhfOLlT.jpg

fFzE4W1.jpg

e92Ieda.jpg

ImJWqEC.jpg

IE04HjG.jpg

hFYmBid.jpg

lafwp1R.jpg

0t7zieM.jpg

The Huntley Lodge tournament add-on arrived a while ago but I failed to post pr0n. :oops: I also have some older shots I want to include here.

The original set was ordered in 2009 (I think). There's a slight color variation from the original $1s to the add-on $1s, but given the eight year span between orders it's completely understandable. There's something special about the plain mold/no-mold. I'm very grateful ASM/CPC made this mold available to us.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

DFHU8a4.jpg

2F9QoxJ.jpg

hOizaYd.jpg

BuSL7Qp.jpg

Gog6v5t.jpg

All of 'em:
uS4nZ8R.jpg

wyqlssj.jpg

3zVdnqm.jpg

2I0BNRT.jpg

yhfOLlT.jpg

fFzE4W1.jpg

e92Ieda.jpg

ImJWqEC.jpg

IE04HjG.jpg

hFYmBid.jpg

lafwp1R.jpg

0t7zieM.jpg

My lord. Don't you have enough chips in the HOF already?

FFS, @toad94, just stop. Give the rest of us plebe’s a chance!

(Awesome stuff, as usual, mate! Love that $500, $10, and the fracs. Any samples available? Even if a set isn’t, I’d love singles of any of the ones I mentioned!)

These are sick... is the 'no mold' still available?? And how do they stack?
Usually like bricks, but in my experience no-molds have a slightly higher number of popped inlays than other molds. I recommend ordering plenty of extras, just in case. (y) :thumbsup:

FFS, @toad94, just stop. Give the rest of us plebe’s a chance!

(Awesome stuff, as usual, mate! Love that $500, $10, and the fracs. Any samples available? Even if a set isn’t, I’d love singles of any of the ones I mentioned!)
Let me check the samples scene and I'll PM ya. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom