Collecting (ordering closed) Tina GB Turbo #2 (Only ~48h to Order Random Art, BYO Art, Legendary Tina Racks) (3 Viewers)

TheLemursReturn

3 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I did this a year ago and it went off without a hitch. It was fun to share my work and help others out.

TLDR: I'm placing my own Tina order and you can hop on for my art, other existing art, or simple art you want me to whip up.

Preflop - Ordering

Ordering will be open for 48-72h only. I will announce here when ordering closes. This is mainly because I don't want to get in over my head. I'm content if only a few people (or no people) hop in.

For my art below, please post a list of letter IDs and quantities. For other designs, send me your artwork or the public artwork with a very clear outline of your order.

If you want my art tweaked (different denoms, different sizes, different molds, etc.), that should be doable. I can also whip up simple designs on request. Just DM me and we'll talk it out.

The Flop - Payment

After ordering closes, we'll have another ~24h period for me to send invoices and for you to pay. I can take PPF&F, Venmo, or Bitcoin. I may be able to give a few hours grace for you to make the payment, but it won't be much. Whoever falls behind stays behind. (We just drop your portion of the order.)

Base prices include initial shipping to me.

39mm Chips$0.55/ea
43mm Chips$0.58/ea
Seating Chip Set$13 per 10pc set
52mm Dealer Buttons$3.15/ea
85mm Plaque$5.9/ea
40mm Chip Racks$2.65/ea
43mm Chip Racks$2.70/ea

Domestic reshipping (US addresses only please) will be separate and extra. Here are a few rough estimates:

- A few barrels/buttons/plaques: $6ish
- Up to 400 chips: $9ish
- Up to 900 chips: $16ish

Racks should not add shipping costs if they contain chips. If you need racks shipped on their own, you can expect $0.75-1.50 each, depending on quantity. (Except on the very low end... a single rack would ship for ~$6, for example.)

The Turn

I'll take a day or two to finalize the complete order art and details and place the order. Then we expect to wait less than 60d for the initial shipment to arrive in the US.

The River

I'll pack your chips, invoice you for the reshipping, and send things your way.

Showdown

You receive your chips and rake in your pot.

Last edited:
gb-preview-bcc-a.png
gb-preview-bcc-b.png

gb-preview-seating.png

gb-preview-icon-a.png
gb-preview-icon-b.png

Last edited:
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding something about this GB. Which Tina chips are we talking about here? I didn't realize her chips were up to over 50 cents a piece now.

The art above or whatever other art is available.

I think the price is higher than other GBs because it's a relatively small order. So shipping factors in more. Only 1000x 39mm chips were in the quote, plus a handful of the bigger items.

What is the minimum order for custom dealer buttons or plain no mold textured Chips.

No minimum for DBs.

39mm chips would probably be 25 minimum.

43mm chips would have no minimum, I think. My quantities were pretty small and she didn't seem to mind (except for the seating chips, those got expensive because of all the different designs).

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding something about this GB. Which Tina chips are we talking about here? I didn't realize her chips were up to over 50 cents a piece now.
They are not, but as @TheLemursReturn mentioned shipping can influence things pretty dramatically depending on the quantity ordered.

There are other factors that influence the final price as well.

There are getting to be lots of options for buying these ceramic Tina chips. Lots of different people have ordered at many sets @ slightly different price points. Some will be by air, some will be by slow boat, some have some profit built in and/or something.
toward design work etc and others will not. Some will be completely transparent about all the costs and others will not.

This whole Tina Ceramics thing is becoming very interesting & with almost endless options some people are getting some fantastic chips at rock bottom prices and others are paying more for a so so end product.

Do a little homework and pay for what is important to you. You want fast shipping, pay for air freight knowing it might cost an extra nickel. If you want a good design, it might be worth paying someone a dime a chip for it or whatever

I ordered about 1200 chips from Tina over the summer. I paid .28/chip plus almost .17/chip for shipping. Total was about .45/chip which doesn’t include any re-shipping/packaging/time/art. So this doesn’t seem bad at all. In fact to not have to be involved in all the coordination, it almost seems cheap!

I wish there was a turn-key monopoly chipset to replace the standard Monopoly money…everyone would buy one…is there one already maybe?

I wish there was a turn-key monopoly chipset to replace the standard Monopoly money…everyone would buy one…is there one already maybe?
I would love to get around to this some day. But I doubt I could do it justice in time for this order.

Unless you would be happy with my existing design, minus the edge spots and with the base color set correctly for each denom. That would be easy and I'm happy to do it if interest exists.

They are not, but as @TheLemursReturn mentioned shipping can influence things pretty dramatically depending on the quantity ordered.

There are other factors that influence the final price as well.

There are getting to be lots of options for buying these ceramic Tina chips. Lots of different people have ordered at many sets @ slightly different price points. Some will be by air, some will be by slow boat, some have some profit built in and/or something.
toward design work etc and others will not. Some will be completely transparent about all the costs and others will not.

This whole Tina Ceramics thing is becoming very interesting & with almost endless options some people are getting some fantastic chips at rock bottom prices and others are paying more for a so so end product.

Do a little homework and pay for what is important to you. You want fast shipping, pay for air freight knowing it might cost an extra nickel. If you want a good design, it might be worth paying someone a dime a chip for it or whatever
Me do my homework??? I've been in the Tina game along with Sean since the very beginning and ran the first big Aria's GB for over 30,000 chips. @TheLemursReturn already answered me and explained it was a small GB and I inferred it would be air shipping, so I understand now. My point in bringing up price is to be clear that a group buy not run by a vendor is to be at cost. In my Aria's GB, I had a fraction of a penny built in to the price to pay for shipping supplies. Nothing else went to me other than many of the participants bumping up their total cost as a thank you for running it. In fact, I literally broke down the costs within my GB post. I haven't seen that happen for quite a while.

Recently there have been a lot more GBs being run buy quite a few people, some of whom are fairly new. So when I saw what seemed like a higher than normal per chip cost, it seemed prudent to remind folks that GBs are run for the good of the community and not for personal profit.

I would love to get around to this some day. But I doubt I could do it justice in time for this order.

Unless you would be happy with my existing design, minus the edge spots and with the base color set correctly for each denom. That would be easy and I'm happy to do it if interest exists.
I’m in no rush…but I’d probably buy whatever is out there tbh…even without edge spots. No pressure! (Ok, slight pressure)

Though I understand this sentiment, I actually slightly disagree with this.

The individual who organizes the group buy is taking on extra work compared to if they ordered their own chips directly, and if they decide that their artwork, workload, or labor incurs an extra fee then I see that as totally reasonable.

I do agree fully with you that prices should be transparent, so the organizer should offer a breakdown of costs for anyone who asks.

To me, the simple purpose of a group buy is to pass along savings to the group based on quantity discounts that aren’t achievable with smaller orders. This doesn’t mean the base price has to start at the same level though. A secondary benefit of a group buy is that buyers don’t have to do as much work with Tina as the organizer to get their chips. For this the organizer should have the ability to charge a fee per chip and the vendor discount should offset this if the quantity qualifies.

I’m in no rush…but I’d probably buy whatever is out there tbh…even without edge spots. No pressure! (Ok, slight pressure)
I'm definitely on board with working on that. I'll DM you to cover some details.

+1 for interest/curiosity in a Monopoly set.

Me do my homework??? I've been in the Tina game along with Sean since the very beginning and ran the first big Aria's GB for over 30,000 chips. @TheLemursReturn already answered me and explained it was a small GB and I inferred it would be air shipping, so I understand now.
You completely misunderstood what I was trying yo say.

I 100% understood your post and was trying to help out anyone new that didn't know better.

What I should have said is:
Everyone do your homework and make sure that whatever GB you go with you are getting a) what you want and b) what you are paying for

My point in bringing up price is to be clear that a group buy not run by a vendor is to be at cost. In my Aria's GB, I had a fraction of a penny built in to the price to pay for shipping supplies. Nothing else went to me other than many of the participants bumping up their total cost as a thank you for running it. In fact, I literally broke down the costs within my GB post. I haven't seen that happen for quite a while.
While I agree, I'm not sure everyone sees it exactly that way & it certainly isn't spelled out. Not at least that I've seen...

Recently there have been a lot more GBs being run buy quite a few people, some of whom are fairly new. So when I saw what seemed like a higher than normal per chip cost, it seemed prudent to remind folks that GBs are run for the good of the community and not for personal profit.
fair point

I agree with most of everyone's comments so far. And it seems like the original question/concern has been satisfied.

I don't want to clutter this thread too much more, but these are a few bits I do want to clarify:

- This particular GB is not exactly about price. It's more about some random but novel art and possibly small add-on orders. Someone already requested 100 chips with their own art and I think that's a perfect use of this GB. Last time, most orders were for a barrel or a few buttons. Everyone seemed extremely happy with that.

- To anyone new: Please, indeed, do your research and don't order if you're unsure about or unhappy with anything you see here.

- I know my art is random. Last year I explained how it was done as practice and to get a cheap temporary set.

- If anyone does want certain details, just ask. I did not add any fees for my own art nor my time. But I did include a bit to cover stuff like random taxes/fees. (Last time, I believe I paid 6-7% above Tina's quote.)

You completely misunderstood what I was trying yo say.

I 100% understood your post and was trying to help out anyone new that didn't know better.

What I should have said is:
Everyone do your homework and make sure that whatever GB you go with you are getting a) what you want and b) what you are paying for
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I completely agree.
While I agree, I'm not sure everyone sees it exactly that way & it certainly isn't spelled out. Not at least that I've seen...

fair point
I'm also not sure if it's spelled out in the forum guidelines or not, but I would certainly encourage full transparency from anyone who chooses to run a GB. And if I were a participant, I would ask for it.

Can you make “Chance” and “Community Chest” plaques in different denominations?
Yeah, I'd be happy to take a stab.

Are you asking for denominated poker plaques (25k?) that just use "Chance" and "Community Chest" as part of the art/design?

Yeah, I'd be happy to take a stab.

Are you asking for denominated poker plaques (25k?) that just use "Chance" and "Community Chest" as part of the art/design?
Yeah something along those lines. Like maybe each is a different denomination, or could be used as rebuys or some other chip

Ordering is closed. I think I'll revisit the Monopoly designs in the coming weeks and release a more complete set of art later on.

Thanks to those who expressed interest in everything!

I couldn't resist giving this a go. If anyone has interest, let me know within a few hours.

I can also fine tune this still, if you'd like to see anything slightly different.

View attachment 1238582
Any chance of this happening yet? Hopefully on no molds or smooth ceramics.
Staying original colors is cool but easy for dirty stack cheating.
Denoms on edges could help tho.
Maybe $100 could be silver?

A in first post would be a cool 60mm dealer button.
A but with colors of these chips and a white background instead of green would be cool too.

Any chance of this happening yet? Hopefully on no molds or smooth ceramics.
Staying original colors is cool but easy for dirty stack cheating.
Denoms on edges could help tho.
Maybe $100 could be silver?

A in first post would be a cool 60mm dealer button.
A but with colors of these chips and a white background instead of green would be cool too.

I have to order a few other projects from Tina within a month or two. So I'll try to have this Monopoly money ready to go soon too.

I might have trouble deviating from the real colors though. They're pretty iconic and make it obvious what this set is all about.

I actually still love my current design. My only forthcoming tweaks will be to increase the size of the "M" and I'd like to get another Monopoly icon fit in there somewhere. Maybe a train...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom