Cash Game Thoughts on this NLHE/PLO mix? (1 Viewer)

Alex Lundstrum

Two Pair
Reaction score
I will hopefully be getting my workplace game back up and going (25c/50c) soon now that restrictions are loosening up. I'd like to introduce PLO to the group, but don't think I could swing a round by round mix quite yet. My thought is to treat it kind of like a kill / rock:
- NLHE/PLO "kill" button is awarded with each pot.
- If a player wins two pots in a row, the "kill" button is flipped from NLHE to PLO.
- Next hand, the "kill" button posts a $1 kill/rock blind in addition to the regularly due SB and BB and hand is played PLO. If SB or BB has the kill, only the $1 need be posted.
- Preflop action starts after the kill button, similar to a "rock". Later rounds start after button, as usual.

Would love to hear thoughts on this proposed format and any suggested improvements.

I play(ed) and hopefully will play again when the degenerate gets his basement finished, in a 1/1 PLO/NLHE alternating orbits which worked well for the group of typically Holdem players.
Alternating the orbits kept it simple. The Omaha orbit could be a bit overwhelming for some holdem players and frustrating when they think they have a full house using 3 cards in their hand.:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
After a while most will want to play PLO, with a few holdem holdouts.
I would suggest just alternate the orbit and not use the kill button.

TLDR: Keep it simple.

Seems like a decent way to get a few PLO hands in but not sure why you'd want to up the stakes in the PLO hand. Just use the kill button and any time someone wins two in a row, just play one PLO hand without adding the $1 kill I'd suggest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom