Cash Game Thoughts on my cash set breakdown (1 Viewer)

The original post indicates he's accommodating two tables, so that's why I suggesting sticking with two racks.

Now that said @BGinGA 's suggestion start at 0.25 anyway and do consolidated button ante in stud may be a good work around to save producing the nickels, and then really only 2 racks of quarters becomes necessary. (One per table ) But then 0.25-0.25 is the minimum game, no downward flexibility to 0.05-0.10 (or 0.05-0.05 for that matter.)

Then you could do...
200 * 0.25
400 * 1
300 * 5
100 * 20 or 25.

This at least becomes credible up to 1-1.
Here's an idea: With 300 $5's, he can use them as 5c for whenever they wish to do 5c/10c games. The bank here (when removing the $25/$20 chips) would be a $475 bank, where a $20 max buy would give this set just under 24 max buy ins.

However this would only work for one table, not two, at least with that size bank with designated denoms. Plus not having $5 unless you have those bills be used in play.

And if you want to do .10/.25, it wouldn't work that well, and just try to convince them to do .25/.25 instead. Got my friends to try the later and surprised how much they liked it while hesitant at first.

The only thing that sticks out to me like a sore thumb is the 250 quarters = 62.50. Id level that off to 240 quarters so I could have an even amount of money ($60). That would bother me. I also hate half barrels.
The other guys have everything else covered.

IMO if you're trying to spread progressively higher blinds and don't have enough workhorse chips at each respective level, you are better off just getting a non-denominated set.

3 or 4 colors. Covers every level. Done.

Thanks everyone great info and suggestions. I generally play .25/.50 or .5/1 and in either case the fracs are rarely used outside of posting blinds. I'd recommend lowering your nickel count to 100 and increasing the work horse (.25 & 1 chips).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom