Tourney Thoughts on a funky 50/50 "bounty"? (2 Viewers)

legonick

Straight
Reaction score
Warning...rambling...brainstorming! Feel free to join in or skip. :)

I don't see many active threads about 50/50 tournaments here. I've played some on PokerStars and really like them! So I was thinking about doing something like that in a home game, but I'd rather do like a partial breakdown, like a 50/50 bounty type deal. A true 50/50 I'm not ready to take on yet...and not sure I want to. It's nice to have 1 winner at the end.

Bounties kind of suck. When you look at the bust-out history, a bounty just rewards the winner way too much. I think they work better in MTTs, the bigger the better. More winners. But single table, it's so stacked. A 50/50-style bounty may be a good way to distribute more of those winnings.

Something like, $17 buy-in, $15 into main tournament, $2 in scratch tickets. 9-player game. Once the first 5 bust out, their scratch tickets go to the 4 remaining, even-split regardless of stacks. The tournament is paused and everyone scratches them together.

I like that it'd encourage tighter play. But it does reward the winners a lot...in a 5/4 split, it's just kind of like having a "bigger bubble", or a mini-bubble and the regular bubble.

Maybe you do when it gets to 4 the guy who busted in 5th keeps his 2 tickets, the last 4 get "doubled-up" on tickets. If it's an even number, say 8 player game, the last 4 get "doubled-up" on tickets.

Thoughts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom