THIS is a TRK chip (1 Viewer)

Screenshot_20230301-214444_Chrome.jpg

I think the point made was, just because someone had the permission to use them and then submits them to you, you don't get to "copyright' them at your whim.
Thus, why I trolled him by posting a pic from the Chip Guide:

A752683D-E0E7-4545-A5E9-A02328B2602A.jpeg

Which I took and submitted, and thus to which I possess the copyright.

The ChipGuide is a project of the chip collecting community. Collectors submit their images to the ChipGuide through the submission form or in bulk directly to an administrator. Collectors own the images as submitted. The ChipGuide owns the edited images. Every image is edited: rotated, cropped, lighting corrected, size adjusted if it is too large, converted to JPG if in another format, distortion removed, and EXIF information is added.
Copyright is held by the original photographer or her assignee. What you have are images submitted by kind folks who care about the history.

You don't own an image that you edited/cropped. That is utter nonsense.

There needs to be transformative use.
The example about cropping the chip guide logo hits dead center.

I like the chip guide. People submit photos for educational/research purposes. Same here. Such noncommercial use is not copyright infringement.

As other have said, this forum is one of the last places to flex.

Settle down,

R

Ridiculous thread. We probably make up 3000 of your 3050 viewers on your website, @ChipGuide. And probably 85% of the submissions there too.

You couldn't even have asked slightly nicely? I don't even understand the problem. If anyone on this site wanted to get a picture of a chip they were interested in, chances are they probably go to the Chip Guide anyway. I know I do. So there's no need to go around spouting - THIS BELONGS TO THE CHIP GUIDE!!!!!!! And don't get me started on your vague spiel on copyright and misuse of "public submissions". Lol.

To be fair though, the ancient servers on that website die a little bit every time someone goes on there, so maybe you just want us to leave the 1990s behind for good.

I’d prefer for it to be removed, thanks.
An investigation revealed that the individual who submitted the image made an error. They have the plaque in their collection and submitted the wrong image. Your image will be removed and replaced with the image of the plaque that is in the individual's collection. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

An investigation revealed that the individual who submitted the image made an error. They have the plaque in their collection and submitted the wrong image. Your image will be removed and replaced with the image of the plaque that is in the individual's collection. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Appreciated, but such a grave error gives me pause. When working with cropping and rotating one cannot be too careful; please follow up and investigate the rest of the chips now.

This is how you operate? No wonder nobody respects your opinions.
How many of “your” other images have this problem? Looks like that copyright infringement service might do some good if it’s run against your website.

I believe you owe for the time you exhibited his image without permission.
Taking it down does not absolve you of the responsibility, as it is still in many historical archives of the internet.

YOU OWE!! Pay up for this breach or shut up about any others. You can’t have the law both ways.

Also in the United States, the image must be registered with the U.S. Copyright Office in order to sue for damages. Can you produce these copyrights for the comments you made claiming these pictures? If not then you may be liable for copyright infringement by claiming ownership of items that you have not personally copyrighted.

So going forward, are you going to automatically reimburse anyone whose images have slipped through your exhaustive review procedure and you have used “accidentally”?

This looks to be a pretty lucrative monetary scheme for someone who wants to challenge their images. “Pay us $500 or go to court” might become a pretty common email in your inbox. Because there’s no recourse for you - you have to pay whenever you inadvertently use someone’s image. There no apology and then nothing. There’s a apology and then you pay or get your credit wrecked.
What kind of standing does this “chipguide” have in the financial world?

As an aside, you may think you are covered by a corporate or nonprofit agreement, but when you start acting personally, like this, registering a personal account here, you may be the one personally liable. You can be personally sued for “acting like you own the company.”

I've largely sat this one out since Tommy politely asked for civility, but I did want to share a link that maybe a certain website would consider, if they aren't willing to at least become a Vendor. Showing some good will never hurts, especially after such an "introduction".

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/account/upgrades

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom