Things that make you Happy (1 Viewer)

I went with the smallest amp possible...on purpose.

You ever get that pic of Ben wearing a Ben tshirt?

Last edited:
I went with the smallest amp possible...on purpose.

You ever get that pic of Ben wearing a Ben tshirt?

Come to think of it, this pic makes me happy.

IMG_84871.jpg

Living room just bust out in laughter.

It would be even better if anyone here knew this kid, but damn, he's got a killer sence of humor!

Bought a brand new Boston 182 46"1/2" Performance Edition piano last night, delivered today, and am the happiest I've been in a long time. Brand spanking new as it only got delivered to the Steinway dealer a few hours prior to me getting there. I would obviously prefer a grand, but as we are renting the current house I need to wait until I know how much space I will have.
20171219_181630.jpg

Bought a brand new Boston 182 46"1/2" Performance Edition piano last night, delivered today, and am the happiest I've been in a long time. Brand spanking new as it only got delivered to the Steinway dealer a few hours prior to me getting there. I would obviously prefer a grand, but as we are renting the current house I need to wait until I know how much space I will have.View attachment 141919
Nice! My piano is now about 20 years old and I still remember getting it delivered. Congratulations! I hope you find a local game that you like soon, too. You gotta pay for that piano. I just bought a mobile phone with my savings sinc you moved away.

Nice! My piano is now about 20 years old and I still remember getting it delivered. Congratulations! I hope you find a local game that you like soon, too. You gotta pay for that piano. I just bought a mobile phone with my savings sinc you moved away.

I remembered picking out the grand piano my parents bought about 20 years ago as well. It was very cool going and picking out mine this time. Can't wait till I can get a grand though. This upright is fantastic, but still just isn't the same as a quality grand.

I've be hitting up Tunica in the meantime which hasn't been terrible. Don't love the drive, smoke, rake, or games offered, but the NLHE are super soft and it's easy to win some $ over there. The limit games are the same, but I've run terrible and down a lot in that game. Just waiting for the variance to turn on that one. Overall, it works in the meantime, but I miss playing the circus games. Excited for next week's Xmas game to fix that itch. I'm still working on branching out my contacts to see if I can get a game going here. Probably going to be a long time off though. :(

Sunday pancakes and sausage/bacon with my family.

Listening to my daughter laugh. Greatest sound on earth.

Playing cards with friends.

Thinking about how many friends I’ve made here at PCF.

Eating a REALLY good, big steak

Above with friends and a bottle of wine that matches the steak

People that do the right things.
Friends that do the caring things.
Strangers that do selfless things.

Hiking in the mountains

I’d like to steal fire pits. They rock.

A good, long run. Especially on a trail in the mountains.

The sound of waves or crickets at night - but only if they are real

A thunderstorm from a screened-in porch

My wife just about every day in the simplest everyday ways.
-(She hasn’t, in over 5 months, missed a single Oncology appointment with me (~75), spinal tap (12), surgery (3), or inpatient hospital day (45). These are in addition to the simple things she already does. Happiness and love are intertwined.

Great thread.

Sunday pancakes and sausage/bacon with my family.

Listening to my daughter laugh. Greatest sound on earth.

Playing cards with friends.

Thinking about how many friends I’ve made here at PCF.

Eating a REALLY good, big steak

Above with friends and a bottle of wine that matches the steak

People that do the right things.
Friends that do the caring things.
Strangers that do selfless things.

Hiking in the mountains

I’d like to steal fire pits. They rock.

A good, long run. Especially on a trail in the mountains.

The sound of waves or crickets at night - but only if they are real

A thunderstorm from a screened-in porch

My wife just about every day in the simplest everyday ways.
-(She hasn’t, in over 5 months, missed a single Oncology appointment with me (~75), spinal tap (12), surgery (3), or inpatient hospital day (45). These are in addition to the simple things she already does. Happiness and love are intertwined.

Great thread.
That is a great list. I think, no I know my favorite from your list is the last one. What a great partner. It is what a loved one does. I did the same for my wife and cherished every minute and would do it again 1000 times. I was asked by someone once, “how do you do it? It must be a lot of work!”, I simply answered with,” It is never work if what you are doing is for someone or something you love.”
Give your wife a big hug from me!

Hope all is well!

David O

Can’t say I know that feeling. I’m usually beset by doubt and feelings of regret.

I felt that way with my Sunsets. I think I felt that way because they were so important for me to get it right. I mean, there was an actual reason for me going with the Sunset theme. With the bourbon set I wasn't as concerned. I knew @p5woody was going to nail it. Plus it was my fun, drinking set :)

I felt that way with my Sunsets. I think I felt that way because they were so important for me to get it right. I mean, there was an actual reason for me going with the Sunset theme. With the bourbon set I wasn't as concerned. I knew @p5woody was going to nail it. Plus it was my fun, drinking set :)
I wasn’t worried about @p5woody and his excellent inlays which I’m so grateful for. I was worried about my own colour choices.

Both of your sets turned out great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom