Things that make you go "blegh" (1 Viewer)

You sir, have now put this on my radar. As a Vegas aficionado, I love the fact that there are still places off strip that can compete with the big dogs. My go-to there currently is Battista's Hole in the Wall, though they use the aforementioned powder cheese. They do however, give free unlimited wine, It holds true "old school" kitsch, and it's just a walk back to the hotel.

Ahh, well don't go to Bambinos expecting fancy, its nothing more than a sub shop with incredible food. And yes, i stand by my guarantee, Ill gladly refund your dinner if you don't like it. Roma Deli, which is kitty corner to it, is another gem if you want to take a broad out. Very intimate with a great wine selection.

Ahh, well don't go to Bambinos expecting fancy, its nothing more than a sub shop with incredible food. And yes, i stand by my guarantee, Ill gladly refund your dinner if you don't like it. Roma Deli, which is kitty corner to it, is another gem if you want to take a broad out. Very intimate with a great wine selection.

Ah, just saw that you are from Vegas. I just may PM you before my next trip (still unscheduled). I'd love more local info (outside of over-hyped spots that get all the reviews on Yelp or Trip Adviser).

Daughter's boyfriend Blech... Daughter's girlfriends however...

I am assuming your daughter's friends are all over the age of 18. I don't want to be mistaken for a Subway spokesperson.

yes they are, lol...........

21 and 26

Olive Garden was like butter, salt, and cream. I would never call it "good" but It was tasty. Then they cut back everything. Thin sauce -weak cream sucks. Lost the garlic on their bread replacing it now a garlic powder/salt - unless you are doing a dry rub, you should never even open a jar of garlic powder.

Soup, I'm sorry to say, tastes like a can. If the zombie apocalypse occurs, you can stock up on long term food storage at OG, I am quite sure.

Their wine is swill.

I like the salad though, and the fresh grated parm. Any restaurant that served cheese in that powder form loses a star right from the get go.

You sir, have now put this on my radar. As a Vegas aficionado, I love the fact that there are still places off strip that can compete with the big dogs. My go-to there currently is Battista's Hole in the Wall, though they use the aforementioned powder cheese. They do however, give free unlimited wine, It holds true "old school" kitsch, and it's just a walk back to the hotel.
yes they are, lol...........

21 and 26

Prefect...Im only 29;) bring em for your next Vegas trip....although im more of a degen than anyone i know so I'd probably end up just gambling with you anyway

Ah, just saw that you are from Vegas. I just may PM you before my next trip (still unscheduled). I'd love more local info (outside of over-hyped spots that get all the reviews on Yelp or Trip Adviser).

Absolutely, if you are into cigars as well I can definitely hook you up so you don't get stuck paying strip pricing

If we're going for true revulsion then:

5. Sweet potatoes
4. Asparagus
3. Dog vomit
2. Olive Garden pasta
1. BEETS!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure we're facebook friends ben. Regardless, I posted to my wall this evening a jar of fermented beets I was eating today. I had an adverse reaction to some anti-biotics, and my Dr. prescribed cultured veggies to speed the recovery. The upside is it is working brilliantly. The downside is that fermented beets taste like pickled dirt. As much as you hate beets, try them fermented to create a new category of repulsion.

I'm pretty sure we're facebook friends ben. Regardless, I posted to my wall this evening a jar of fermented beets I was eating today. I had an adverse reaction to some anti-biotics, and my Dr. prescribed cultured veggies to speed the recovery. The upside is it is working brilliantly. The downside is that fermented beets taste like pickled dirt. As much as you hate beets, try them fermented to create a new category of repulsion.

What kind of commie pinko doctor prescribed vegetables and not good old fashioned deadly chemical pills? Go back to Scandinavia imo.

Ew. Despite having a Facebook, I visit approx. once a month (and never post anything.) I guess I won't be making making my monthly visit this week. [emoji33]

Funny thing is, I love broccoli, brussels sprouts, and okra...

What kind of commie pinko doctor prescribed vegetables and not good old fashioned deadly chemical pills? Go back to Scandinavia imo.

The same kind where my last appointment was scheduled as a 45 minute intensive followup, and we actually spent 2 hours together.

I've had health problems my whole life, and this guy is probably my best hope for salvaging what I have left.

I LOVE pickled beets. And asparagus. And sweet potatoes. #sorryben

When beets are pickled, like in a vinegar brine, they are delicious. When they are fermented, they taste more like pickled dirt.

I also love asparagus. And have no problems with sweet potatoes.

Ok , new horrible food item - Feaux hamburgers - do you need to think you're eating a handburger so bad your going to form one out of fuckin' soybeans? Bring me a bucket. Nasty!

Ok , new horrible food item - Feaux hamburgers - do you need to think you're eating a handburger so bad your going to form one out of fuckin' soybeans? Bring me a bucket. Nasty!

I actually like veggie burgers. I don't think of them as "thinking I'm eating a hamburger" any more than a chicken sandwich makes me think I'm eating a hamburger. It's just one more food option. Like any food, you can really mess one up in preparation.

Then again, there are very, very foods that I can say make me go Blech. If people eat it, it's because there is a good way to make it - you just haven't found it yet. Don't blame the food, blame the chef.

Exception to the rule: Chitlins. Any food who's cooking process involves "remove the remaining fecal matter" has already spent waaaay to much time with fecal matter. Yes, I did eat a big plate-full to give it a fair shake, and I can now honestly say I know what shit tastes like with hot sauce..

I actually like veggie burgers. I don't think of them as "thinking I'm eating a hamburger" any more than a chicken sandwich makes me think I'm eating a hamburger. It's just one more food option. Like any food, you can really mess one up in preparation.

Then again, there are very, very foods that I can say make me go Blech. If people eat it, it's because there is a good way to make it - you just haven't found it yet. Don't blame the food, blame the chef.

Exception to the rule: Chitlins. Any food who's cooking process involves "remove the remaining fecal matter" has already spent waaaay to much time with fecal matter. Yes, I did eat a big plate-full to give it a fair shake, and I can now honestly say I know what shit tastes like with hot sauce..

My daughter makes these home made all the time. They are pretty good. If anyone is interested I can try and get the recipe.

Cilantro!

Cant stand it, its always ruining a good dish.

Apparently about 30% of the population finds that cilantro tastes like soap. I have 2 friends who have this strong reaction to it. The funny thing is, one can't stand it for that reason, and the other loves it for that reason. Weird.

Apparently about 30% of the population finds that cilantro tastes like soap. I have 2 friends who have this strong reaction to it. The funny thing is, one can't stand it for that reason, and the other loves it for that reason. Weird.

Tastes just like rotten soap to me for some reason. My wife is so sensitive to it that she wont even eat the dish after its been picked out. It could be because my first exposure to it was when in my 20s. My parents cooking consisted of thin overcooked dry meat, mushy veggies and pasta. Going out to eat was macdonalds.

Cilantro is one of those ingredients that can make a dish come alive, but too much will kill it. Judicial use livens up many heavy dishes (especially Mexican dishes whose flavors are muted with the heavy fat content of meat, refried beans, cheese, and sour cream), but you don't want to make cilantro the star of the dish any more than you would make salt the star of a dish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom