Things That Are Bullsh*t (2 Viewers)

@NotRealNameNoSir @Saoliver Happened upon this thread, I take it you guys are talking about me

1. Didn’t buy the card molds for $0.73 a chip, promise. May have still overpaid a bit, but I think I got them for a reasonable price. Curious what you think I should’ve paid…
2. Long time lurker, just paid my dues though because I’ve learned a lot on this forum recently. Did it via PM because hadn’t unlocked classifieds yet.
You're totally right, I got the new member wrong, thats on me. My fault.

Okay, Im glad to hear that wasnt the price. I jumped because its been a discussion before, about cards molds being sold for too much to new members. I was steamed because my price was about that for 1200 43mm cards molds, minus shipping because I chose not to be part of a group buy. In a group buy, these go for 30ish cents per chip.

^ hes an expert on it.

@NotRealNameNoSir @Saoliver Happened upon this thread, I take it you guys are talking about me

1. Didn’t buy the card molds for $0.73 a chip, promise. May have still overpaid a bit, but I think I got them for a reasonable price. Curious what you think I should’ve paid…
2. Long time lurker, just paid my dues though because I’ve learned a lot on this forum recently. Did it via PM because hadn’t unlocked classifieds yet.
The fact that this particular design isn’t often available, I guess you should have paid whatever price you were comfortable with.
But listing them at 73 cents was obnoxious

You're totally right, I got the new member wrong, thats on me. My fault.

Okay, Im glad to hear that wasnt the price. I jumped because its been a discussion before, about cards molds being sold for too much to new members. I was steamed because my price was about that for 1200 43mm cards molds, minus shipping because I chose not to be part of a group buy. In a group buy, these go for 30ish cents per chip.

^ hes an expert on it.
Gotcha. I appreciate you guys looking out for new members. Definitely a lot to learn about pricing here, I’ve been staring at classifieds non stop for a while now to get a handle on it. Full disclosure, paid about $0.45 per chip. Figured you could get these straight from the manufacturer (non group buy) for about $0.40 and I’d pay a small premium for faster shipping than China. Probably still overpaid a bit, but sound more reasonable?

Gotcha. I appreciate you guys looking out for new members. Definitely a lot to learn about pricing here, I’ve been staring at classifieds non stop for a while now to get a handle on it. Full disclosure, paid about $0.45 per chip. Figured you could get these straight from the manufacturer (non group buy) for about $0.40 and I’d pay a small premium for faster shipping than China. Probably still overpaid a bit, but sound more reasonable?
Btw I don’t know if there’s etiquette to disclosing sale pricing or not. Let me know if that’s frowned upon!

I entered a GB via PM for CM chips, where it was basically quoted for 28c/chip. With extra fees and so on, it became 34c/chip. After accounting for artwork, shipping, adjustments, more fees, insurance, etc., everything basically resulted in a total cost of basically 40c/chip. If I include outgoing shipping in a LFRB if I sold at-cost, roughly 42c/chip.

I am not sure if this adds validity to any side of this argument, just wanted to put it out there.

Btw I don’t know if there’s etiquette to disclosing sale pricing or not. Let me know if that’s frowned upon!
I'm not blasting anyone, as I have respect for everyone that has commented on this, but people never truly know what goes on behind the scenes. That never stops people from commenting. Best to just ignore them and enjoy your chips.

Okay, thats more reasonable plus you're right, cool design and shipping and getting it much faster. Thanks for your disclosure.

No, its not taboo to tell people what you paid, helps stop bullshit.

That’s fine. I was gonna say there’d be no excusing paying over 50c apiece, but I was afraid you did . . .

I entered a GB via PM for CM chips, where it was basically quoted for 28c/chip. With extra fees and so on, it became 34c/chip. After accounting for artwork, shipping, adjustments, more fees, insurance, etc., everything basically resulted in a total cost of basically 40c/chip. If I include outgoing shipping in a LFRB if I sold at-cost, roughly 42c/chip.

I am not sure if this adds validity to any side of this argument, just wanted to put it out there.

I'm not blasting anyone, as I have respect for everyone that has commented on this, but people never truly know what goes on behind the scenes. That never stops people from commenting. Best to just ignore them and enjoy your chips.
Appreciate the info! Yeah I’ll enjoy the chips either way. First purchase on the forum though, all of this is a learning experience for me, and a fun hobby to get into. Slowly going to work my way up to some nicer chips, but when I saw someone talking about the sale, naturally just wanted to make some notes for future reference. No bad feelings toward anyone on the thread, all of it is good info!

Also not defending or not not defending a specific sellers price, but keep in mind for Canadian sellers we get hit bigtime on shipping and taxes (sometimes yes, sometimes no, at customs descretion).

I've always thought this site was the same as the real world. Buyer beware.

I would think there would be much better witch hunt targets than someone selling cards molds for double their *perceived* cost.

This amazing wall-art, a smart board that has the mechanical letter display (the ultimate Abby’s game card)?

B5FD9E84-162E-40A3-BF31-D58811BDBD5D.jpeg

…having a price tag of $3295

We really need a way of having positive discourse. I think part of what causes drama and issues is that everyone has to text and PM each other, there's no way to provide real feedback.

Everything is either "good feedback" or "absolutely destroy someone's reputation by posting negative feedback and having them not at 100%".

I've now had 4 separate Tiger deals fall apart or reneged. Just hooked up someone with chips who specifically asked for them and is already flipping at a ridiculous number.

Like I'm not even upset, it's somewhat bullshit, but more than anything, it just seems weird that the only options are "eat it" or "blow them up". It would be nice to see, oh feedback 92%, looks like they've sold to 10 different people who commented on the condition being ill-described and have a 9.2 average rating.

My wife went to urgent care Friday, was taken to the ER via ambulance. (Afib). She texted her brother to let him know. His response, and I quote. “Ok”.

I’ve always disliked him, and hated his wife. I think they are now both in the “hate” category. I strongly dislike that word, but is true.

… and for those that care, she’s doing better, but not quite there yet. They may have to shock her heart tomorrow, but apparently that’s a routine thing…
Oh no, hope she’s better soon

If people actually do scummy things they should be outed but that bar has to be pretty high. Maybe there should be a panel to preview the case at hand?

A lot of room for interpretation. I see many people bellyaching over things that could be perceived as some for non-issues.

For example:
I've now had 4 separate Tiger deals fall apart or reneged.
How far did the deals go? Was money or chips sent? If not, people can change their mind at any point in a deal. Sucks if someone says "good to go" but until the transaction begins nothibg beyond a crummy situation.

Just hooked up someone with chips who specifically asked for them and is already flipping at a ridiculous number.
Did you explicitly ask if the chips were for them? Did they flip all of them? Maybe they only needed a barrel. If you just assumed they were buying for themself then it's on you. Once tthey're sold they are someone elses. Reserve good deals for those you can trust.

We really need a way of having positive discourse. I think part of what causes drama and issues is that everyone has to text and PM each other, there's no way to provide real feedback.

Everything is either "good feedback" or "absolutely destroy someone's reputation by posting negative feedback and having them not at 100%".

I've now had 4 separate Tiger deals fall apart or reneged. Just hooked up someone with chips who specifically asked for them and is already flipping at a ridiculous number.

Like I'm not even upset, it's somewhat bullshit, but more than anything, it just seems weird that the only options are "eat it" or "blow them up". It would be nice to see, oh feedback 92%, looks like they've sold to 10 different people who commented on the condition being ill-described and have a 9.2 average rating.
Out them. I've had enough honestly, especially when the person running the buy has explicitly stated that he would be unhappy about it. I've only heard rumors of the flipping of the Tigers at ridiculous prices behind the scenes. I'm either totally oblivious to it or no one has had the balls to do it out in the open in the classifieds yet.

I mean, FFS man, we just had an unprecedented transparent public offering of some amazing chips, of which the organizer's only wish is that these don't get flipped, but people can't help themselves, can they? Can't behave just once.

If people actually do scummy things they should be outed but that bar has to be pretty high. Maybe there should be a panel to preview the case at hand?

A lot of room for interpretation. I see many people bellyaching over things that could be perceived as some for non-issues.

For example:

How far did the deals go? Was money or chips sent? If not, people can change their mind at any point in a deal. Sucks if someone says "good to go" but until the transaction begins nothibg beyond a crummy situation.

Did you explicitly ask if the chips were for them? Did they flip all of them? Maybe they only needed a barrel. If you just assumed they were buying for themself then it's on you. Once tthey're sold they are someone elses. Reserve good deals for those you can trust.

Out them. I've had enough honestly, especially when the person running the buy has explicitly stated that he would be unhappy about it. I've only heard rumors of the flipping of the Tigers at ridiculous prices behind the scenes. I'm either totally oblivious to it or no one has had the balls to do it out in the open in the classifieds yet.

I mean, FFS man, we just had an unprecedented transparent public offering of some amazing chips, of which the organizer's only wish is that these don't get flipped, but people can't help themselves, can they? Can't behave just once.
That's the thing though. We're all adults most of the time, there should be a way without blowing people up. Like I should be able to say privately ,

"@JMC9389 dude, I get it's a mistake, but these are literally the most warped chips I've ever purchased and you said all excellent condition." And he can make it right or not, but I should be able to leave a 80% or 8/10 feedback publicly without hurt feelings - 'great shipper, accidentally sold chips that were all damaged, made it right'.

I think everyone here has been bamboozled at least once in a transaction, even if it's only 1 out of 100. Maybe it doesn't matter and they're all accidents! Or maybe it's the same people bamboozling folks where possible.

I know it's the BS thread, but honestly wasn't being overly negative. Just food for thought, I know folks have said it before. And maybe this isn't helpful, because we're not honestly asking mods to change things. Maybe....a thread where all you can list is buyer/chips/seller/description/ratingoutof10? That way all future and new chippers can just do a username search "in this thread" and see all transaction history and honest feedback/trends?

The USPS has never really done me wrong so I can't trash them too bad but this time, this is ridiculous.

Bought something out of the UK in November. Seller dragged their feet and sent the item to Royal Mail in December (Trust me I would have canceled the order but it was something at a very fair price). Damn item sat in Royal mail center for a month before being shipped. Once over to the states this damn thing has been more to cities and states than I have in the past 5 years. It's been stuck in Georgia since the 4th with nothing! Call USPS and you get nowhere. What's worse is that at one point it was no more than 20 mins from my house.

part 2.jpg

part 1.jpg

The USPS has never really done me wrong so I can't trash them too bad but this time, this is ridiculous.

Bought something out of the UK in November. Seller dragged their feet and sent the item to Royal Mail in December (Trust me I would have canceled the order but it was something at a very fair price). Damn item sat in Royal mail center for a month before being shipped. Once over to the states this damn thing has been more to cities and states than I have in the past 5 years. It's been stuck in Georgia since the 4th with nothing! Call USPS and you get nowhere. What's worse is that at one point it was no more than 20 mins from my house.

View attachment 1077554
View attachment 1077555
Did you order a mint condition first issue of hustler magazine or something?

Ain’t mint anymore….

RIP Rajah…you held on as long as you could (90 Tiger years old). The two secondary sets in lower Alabama will carry on your legacy (Rajah was a degen).

Bomb pots in your honor….

Attachments

• 3F2AF367-DE4F-415C-83C4-3CDF5579C68D.jpeg
    3F2AF367-DE4F-415C-83C4-3CDF5579C68D.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 5420CE4A-AB33-491B-9896-18DB826DEB78.jpeg
    5420CE4A-AB33-491B-9896-18DB826DEB78.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 870FA0E0-5A25-4B88-BADF-5F9F00562EA5.jpeg
    870FA0E0-5A25-4B88-BADF-5F9F00562EA5.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 45
I am the Slayer of Gematria and have seen the other side of being banned 238 times. My War on Flippers has raged on for 10+ years. I have consulted, with myself, and have unilaterally determined that it is I who am me who are probably the only person myself qualified to be on such a panel.

I am the Slayer of Gematria and have seen the other side of being banned 238 times. My War on Flippers has raged on for 10+ years. I have consulted, with myself, and have unilaterally determined that it is I who am me who are probably the only person myself qualified to be on such a panel.
I’m new, and don’t know shit….I want in.

I'm game.

All in favor?

We all know growing up that Penthouse > Hustler. We read these for the jokes right?

Yea, I'm afraid to see the condition when the package arrives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom