Trade The Protege Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
As awesome as Proteges are, the more OCD Protege owners like myself know of the multiple variations in many of the denominations. There's been a good deal of Protege activity lately, I thought it might be worthwhile having one big trade thread were set owners could post what they'd like to trade for to even out the variants in their sets. @Joe Harris has an awesome resource here that chronicles all the variants, please use this resource to not what you have or are looking for:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-protégé-thread.22963/

I'll start it off:

$1s
I have 109 v3 $1, looking to trade for v1. Would be willing to outright purchase up to a barrel of the v1s FOUND!

20200919_163503.jpg

Variant I have is on the left, what I'm looking for is on the right.

$5s - still looking!
I have 1 lonely v1 $5, looking to trade for v2
FOUND!

20200919_164400.jpg

Hit me up with a PM if you like to discuss a trade/sale.

Last edited:
After sorting through all 1600 $1s and $5s, I can safely say that BCC sucks at color consistency.
Not that this is news to anyone here.
Even amongst the variants outlined by @Joe Harris , there is so much variation in the ink color, the background color, even the actual image. That was exhausting.

I'm still looking for 2 racks of $1 to complete my small cash set

Also looking for
-NCV
-pink snappers

I would love to get more 10¢, v1-25¢, $2.5, $10 & $1k!
Wouldn't turn down 50¢ or $2 either. Probably don't have much to trade, maybe a couple barrels of $5s.

I tried to snipe some 1ks on eBay a few months ago and the site I use had an error. Sooo disappointing.
1kfail.png

I have a set of non-denoms. In 10+ years I've never seen any non-denom colors except orange.
But if there's some out there I'd be interested in a few barrels of black, white, green, blue.......

EDIT: I have less variation 2s than I thought.
I have 115 variation 1 $1 chips:
20200920_190151.jpg

I have 185 variation 2 $1s:
20200920_150410.jpg

Interested in trade for variation 3:
20200920_150233.jpg

Trying to get all 1200 to match (LOL) TOOTHBRUSH NOT FOR TRADE!!!!
20200920_185854.jpg

Attachments

• 20200920_185840.jpg
    20200920_185840.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200920_190138.jpg
    20200920_190138.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
After agreeing to a trade with @Irish , I still have:
106 - $1 v.1
and
185 - $1 v.2

That I am looking to trade for v.3s!

Still looking to trade Protege $1s!

Hit me up if you are looking for v.1 or v.2 $1 proteges.

I have a set of non-denoms. In 10+ years I've never seen any non-denom colors except orange.
But if there's some out there I'd be interested in a few barrels of black, white, green, blue.......
Do you have any orange NCV's to spare? :)

Hello.
Actually I might:) I bought and extra 40 or 60 a couple of years ago to even out a rack.
But the colors didn't quite match and that always bugged me.
If that doesn't bother you, then I might be able to sell them.
I say 'might' because I'm currently not in Florida. I'd have to ask my parents to dig the chips out of
storage and mail them, and not sure they are going to want to do that. Should I ask them?

Greg

Hello.
Actually I might:) I bought and extra 40 or 60 a couple of years ago to even out a rack.
But the colors didn't quite match and that always bugged me.
If that doesn't bother you, then I might be able to sell them.
I say 'might' because I'm currently not in Florida. I'd have to ask my parents to dig the chips out of
storage and mail them, and not sure they are going to want to do that. Should I ask them?

Greg
Absolutely! When it comes to the orange NCV's and building my Protege set in general, the variations in terms of color and version matter little to me. No rush!

Anyone have the chops to make a cut card design for Proteges? There is a cut card group buy in the works at the moment...

Anyone have the chops to make a cut card design for Proteges? There is a cut card group buy in the works at the moment...
I believe @Thomacetti was able to acquire the artwork for dealer buttons and cut cards from the original owner of the Protege line. Let's do this.

BTW, still looking for variation 3 Protege $1s. Will buy outright, or trade $25s, $100s, or variation 1 and 2 $1 chips. PM me ...need to fill a rack!!

Still looking for this swap (also willing to just purchase)

$5s
I have 1 lonely v1 $5, looking to trade for v2

1604421420829.png

$25k

Also looking for just one of the $25ks. Willing to purchase or swap, I have a couple extras of several denominations. Shoot me a PM if you have one!

Bump - still looking for the $5 chip swamp and one $25k chip!

Bump - Looking for some Protege $1000s. A rack would be fantastic! Have a few Proteges for trade. Also willing to buy outright!

AND FOR HEAVEN'S SAKES, SOMEONE GET THIS MAN (@Irish ) A MATCHING $5 CHIP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom