The Official: Who's the $1 GOAT? ( Dollar, $1s, color, edge spots, design ) Pr0n (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Let's figure out who's the One Dollar GOAT? What makes a hot Dollar Chip? Color? Spots?. Post your pics and thoughts. My initial notes below but I'm super new here so you guys know the chips. I'm just getting started. Get me caught up. Gallery, Pr0n, but mostly design research. Thx.

Cali's can come too

The $5 thread has been pretty active so I started a dollar thread. Also have a Best Hundo thread going. Check them out...

Best $5
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...at-five-5s-5s-color-spots-design-pr0n.100796/

Best Hundo
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-official-who-made-the-best-hundo-pr0n.100729/

Kicking it off with an old fav and a recent fantasy similar

52c7fbbc-cd31-4610-a885-139243641e2c-jpeg.596806
image-jpg.706400

wow, are racks of these feasible?
I have two racks. Racks tends to show up pretty often. I think they may even still be live and able to be harvested.

Another cool thing about them is even though they are newer chips, so not leaded, they are pretty heavy and play well with a leaded set.

20230219_215722.jpg

Won’t be white or yellow in my book. I’ll Post up this blue Oceanside (San Diego), leaded $1 with the cut up inlay design and 619 obsolete phone number. This thing is money… It’s the OG vegas blues colors with a Cali side show, from socal infamous card room. Ship it. I’m always looking for these…
BCB41A70-BD8A-4701-878F-323F8009E7F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Won’t be white or yellow in my book. I’ll Post up this blue Oceanside (San Diego), leaded $1 with the cut up inlay design and 619 obsolete phone number. This thing is money… It’s the OG vegas blues colors with a Cali side show, from socal infamous card room. Ship it. I’m always looking for these… View attachment 1084319
I never noticed the coloring in the OCC overlaps before. Thanks for the closeup.

I don’t expect this to win any goat votes, but the topic has been so done to death, I’ll just put out an honorable mention.

Most $1s are either white or blue - this one is kind of both. And it’s a really cool, unique housemold. And with the leaded clay and the textured inlay, it’s just a joy to handle. The inlay itself is admittedly weak, but it’s almost kind of kitschy-cool.

7184BB35-933B-437A-A589-CFEFC45619F4.jpeg

Why don’t we have the WORST $1 thread? The “best of threads”are getting pretty “glossed over”.
Kinda like a Bjork song, interesting the first time, but not something to go over and over because she’s already done that.

Ok, this best $1 has been done before and I will state once more with a pic. GOAT in my opinion is…..
I have to agree. :tup:
Let me know if some of those birds become available. :love:
I'd make sure they get some time on the felt.
Meetup Cologne 2022-15.jpg

I don’t expect this to win any goat votes, but the topic has been so done to death, I’ll just put out an honorable mention.

Most $1s are either white or blue - this one is kind of both. And it’s a really cool, unique housemold. And with the leaded clay and the textured inlay, it’s just a joy to handle. The inlay itself is admittedly weak, but it’s almost kind of kitschy-cool.

View attachment 1084387
Whoa... what's the story here? is this still a live chip? where do I find racks lol? at work and can't do the research. Nice add.

Why don’t we have the WORST $1 thread? The “best of threads”are getting pretty “glossed over”.
Kinda like a Bjork song, interesting the first time, but not something to go over and over because she’s already done that.
Ya honestly, I'm still learning having joined last month so this thread is somewhat self-serving and activity isn't a bad thing thanks for the posts. I look forward to your worst thread and follow along lol

Ya honestly, I'm still learning having joined last month so this thread is somewhat self-serving and activity isn't a bad thing thanks for the posts. I look forward to your worst thread and follow along lol

I’m not the best person for starting these kind of threads.
It would be a very small dataset, like only 10 people would see it.

Whoa... what's the story here? is this still a live chip? where do I find racks lol? at work and can't do the research. Nice add.
No, according to the Chipguide they were live from 1990-2006. But Spinettis has been selling them shockingly near mint in quantity for a while. But last I checked they had fewer than a rack left and were up to eight bucks apiece.

I just checked - website says they only have 78 left. Funny thing is I only have about 170 of them and I really don’t care if they sell out. Most PCFers would snap up another 30 to fill that rack without a second thought. Me? My table sits 8. I really only need 160 of them. I suppose if I could get them for a more reasonable price I might fill my rack, if only because they’d be easier to resell if I ever decided to move on. But I dunno, I’m fine with unfilled racks, as long as I have what I need to play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom