The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (36 Viewers)

BIG mail day from @Big Money ... a 2 year journey I think is coming to an end.

1691209827586.png

This puts me up to 1,490 (10 shy of the big 1,500). STILL TO GATHER:
22 x $5 chips
17 x $1k chips
7 x $5k chips

It's also wild that over 800 of these have actually never seen felt, and are factory fresh (including $5's).
1691209894182.png

Last edited:
I mentioned somewhere that I had been curious about these 43mm WSOP tribute Matsuis since everyone keeps saying they’re much better than the 39mm. 5 minutes later I get a pm from @mipevi offering to send me a sample set. Wouldn’t even let me pay for it. That’s some awesome chippin’ love, thank you so much, Mikko!

As for the chips, I really love the looks and they may be better than the 39mm (don’t have any to compare) but they’re still too slippery for my taste. Damn it, I wanted to love them. Sure are pretty:

IMG_8778.jpeg

About to send these out to their new home. I spent a lot of time and money early on PCF getting these 25ks. But I never found a use for them and times simply change. Along for the ride is the last of my JC sec 1ks down from nearly 3 racks and a good chunk of my 10 racks of JC $25s.

1691274317561.jpeg

In return I’m getting to add on to my only remaining RHC set.

1691274384882.jpeg

And to expand my IHC only set.

1691274445869.jpeg

Labels came in. Wooooo!!!! Tip of the "tophat" to my pops. He likes staying at the South Point in Las Vegas. He's a cowboy who rides a steel horse. Here's the first set showing the idea. Took the south point design and slapped his nick name on it, with our location of course. Dont get any ideas, i dont have high end set at the house. Hehe. I'm excited to get these in play, after sticking nearly 2k of these bad boys. The grey 5k is to expand my paulson classics for a tourney game. Thanks @Gear

Attachments

• 20230806_114838.jpg
    20230806_114838.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 105
Wow, that’s kinda bull shit that they destroyed those to test them
It is what it is. Hence why I always grab some spares.

I was just annoyed that it was the mintier chips of the bunch and not some of the banged up and rough looking chips. I guess even US custom workers dont want to touch chips with hooker juice on them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It is what it is. Hence why I always grab some spares.

I was just annoyed that it was the mintier chips of the bunch and not some of the banged up and rough looking chips. I guess even US custom workers dont want to touch chips with hooker juice on them. :rolleyes:
Crazy…I swear I could have smuggled a pangolin in my carryon coming home from Cancun a couple months ago. Customs agent was visibly annoyed when I took too long to whip out my passport. Not sure he even looked at it…

Last edited:
that was outgoing so maybe incoming they are more likely to treat their citizens property with respect...... :rolleyes:
Doubt it. You would think the swab would be enough. From what I've seen they like to look inside if the object doesn't have the same density throughout. We'll see. I have a couple samples that will finish the rack if they crack a couple. But we shouldn't have to do that.

I want to thank the US Customs Office for confirming that these chips contain no traces of illicit substances. I was hoping they did as it would explain why this hobby is so addictive! :wtf:

View attachment 1176031View attachment 1176032
View attachment 1176033

P.S. Dont worry I have spares.
For some reason this reminds me of some time I spent analyzing industrial clay in college…does anyone on PCF have access to x-ray diffraction equipment? Any geology students or ceramic engineers out there? It would be cool to know (specifically) what type of clay and additives are in (and have been in) GPI/CPC/etc. I think it would be a neat piece of nerd art to have the “fingerprints” framed with the source.

Annnyway…that’s all.

For some reason this reminds me of some time I spent analyzing industrial clay in college…does anyone on PCF have access to x-ray diffraction equipment? Any geology students or ceramic engineers out there? It would be cool to know (specifically) what type of clay and additives are in (and have been in) GPI/CPC/etc. I think it would be a neat piece of nerd art to have the “fingerprints” framed with the source.

Annnyway…that’s all.
No clue if they have access to X-ray diffraction equipment, but I recall a few folks discussing the composition of various types of chips, like @Jeff in Iowa, @CrazyEddie, and @softchewy. They might be able to help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom