The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (90 Viewers)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The edge spots almost look like “inserts” vs paint/ink. Looks kinda weird, I agree.
Chips are not painted, the spots are cut in before pressing the chip to make it basically seamless. But these are a totally different texture and everything. Strange chip indeed

Anyone see these yet? Brie says a "new sample chip"??
View attachment 834988
Only 4 hats and not very crisp and defined like normal RHCs, also
View attachment 834989
Just a weird chip, edge spots almost look added after the fact or something, not a smooth transition like a normal chip.
I got one maybe a year ago. Pretty sure it was from Luke as well. Cool chip… cooler FHC grey/green version if you’ve seen that one :wow:

No need to wait for the sleigh...over the Truckee River and through the woods to not-yet-Grandma’s house we go….

IMG_7262.jpg

Hat tip to @leo822.

Last edited:
Lol - yup, I was just referring to the slang term “paint” for edge spots.:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

But, I think it looks a bit weird - lol .

Anyone see these yet? Brie says a "new sample chip"??
View attachment 834988
Only 4 hats and not very crisp and defined like normal RHCs, also
View attachment 834989
Just a weird chip, edge spots almost look added after the fact or something, not a smooth transition like a normal chip.
I think they’re separately inserted pieces of injection-molded plastic which are inserted instead of typical clay spots and are significantly firmer than the clay leading to that lack of texture on them. Not a particularly new sample, and that style of chip was used on the 2018 RFID WSOP final table chips.

Is your set now complete or still missing a few? Artichoke Joes
Oh that's not my set, those belong to Krish now. My set is the long slow build, someday hoping to get to a rack of $1s (mixed RHC and THC, literally never going to find enough THC to make that happen) would love to eventually get to two racks of $4s (we have 171) and we have (87) hot stamped quarters and obviously would love to finish the rack. Other than that and some customs higher denom plaques, we are getting pretty close!

Merry Christmas Sonny! Hope there are some awesome Horse chips waiting underneath the tree brother!

Oh that's not my set, those belong to Krish now. My set is the long slow build, someday hoping to get to a rack of $1s (mixed RHC and THC, literally never going to find enough THC to make that happen) would love to eventually get to two racks of $4s (we have 171) and we have (87) hot stamped quarters and obviously would love to finish the rack. Other than that and some customs higher denom plaques, we are getting pretty close!

Merry Christmas Sonny! Hope there are some awesome Horse chips waiting underneath the tree brother!
That's too bad, I thought you hit the Artichoke motherlode. Never seen mintish nickels before. Merry Christmas

Oh...sorry. Thought that was yours as I knew you were building a set. You are looking for sale chips though, correct? Love this set.

That's too bad, I thought you hit the Artichoke motherlode. Never seen mintish nickels before. Merry Christmas
I just added my new babies from @John Conor yesterday! Didn't take any photos so had to run down and grab them this mprning!

What I wish the set was now
20211225_112631.jpg

But in reality it is
20211225_112858.jpg

And the quarter situation...
20211225_113654.jpg

(87) Hot stamps (16) dark inlaid (40) lighter inlays! Such a mess but I love them!

Omg
This green 5 cents it’s outstanding
Yup those nickles are sicko cool and sharp

I have a rack of the nickles and dimes
The Pennie’s are the coolest color

Yup those nickles are sicko cool and sharp

I have a rack of the nickles and dimes
The Pennie’s are the coolest color
Id take a rack of the sharp nickels. I think those are my favorite color between the pennies, nickels, and dimes, although the salmon (?) color of the dimes is really nice as well.

Id take a rack of the sharp nickels. I think those are my favorite color between the pennies, nickels, and dimes, although the salmon (?) color of the dimes is really nice as well.
The dimes are neon bright pink
FD3FD732-1989-4F65-BBFC-2B0D842838D5.jpeg

The "not be able to stand on" edges are actually very nice...
Some are pretty worn
Disappointing on some given the price

I wish they were all the same as the best condition ones there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom