The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (103 Viewers)

1B18E66F-B2AF-4F28-A4E9-4659BDE924BE.jpeg

E016727C-8B57-46F9-B7BE-9EDE8B7AD9D6.jpeg

D3EB9624-3B25-49BE-9B76-6C7CCEC7B9D2.jpeg

9EC884AD-2B73-4133-BD0D-8EE6BF9BFB4A.jpeg

Because I could :cool

From Hong Kong to the UK in 2 days - it was apparently still there yesterday morning :D

View attachment 557636

Not part of the group buy as I joined too late for that. Coincidently, I seem to have found the same reseller on Alibaba for my first cheap micro stakes cash set.

View attachment 557643
View attachment 557644
Now I've just got to wait for the HSI tourney set to work its way through Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (along with a bill)... :eek: I almost feel like a proper chipper!
Tina doesn't mess about when it comes to UK shipping, does she?! Which racks are those, as they look to be the perfect fit?

Do people buy in for $27 and $88 ?

I guess I should explain a little bit of history on this one. ABC had a sale back in March and I figured okay, I'll buy a set of the DDLM's, I tried to mirror the GPI Monaco set as well as I could, with one exception. I changed the orange chip from $10 to $13.13 because I figured for Halloween, it would add effect. I dropped the 13 cents because I thought "no one's going to want to carry that kind of change around" and it took off in popularity. It seems so obvious, Also, tbh, with a $25 chip, a $13 isn't that hard to make change for (two orange = one green ($25) plus one blue ($1))

I also got compliments for the black bounty chip and the white show 'em chip. The black because it's the grim reaper and what cool effect that is, and the white one because the guy with the sombrero and oversized mustache looks like a very creepy guy or a pervert, and him saying "Show 'em" is just something you can't unsee. Those are now 47mm chips after this idea was imposed:

It was then recommended I add another chip, a $7 chip. so I went with that and a $64 chip to bridge the gap between $25 and $100. (TBH, I think the 7's and the 64's are more for show but it's nice to see they're available)

Now all these people are starting to think it would be cool to put obscure amounts on chips. I love it, tbh, but anything over $25ish I can't see used at all in regular play.

I will say I think things are going to get more obscure before we return to common sense but I don't mind at all. What's life without a little bit of whimsicality?

Last edited:
I almost went with a $7 chip instead of the $5, but I’m not crazy :cautious:

1603350553357.png

I am a little puzzled about you going with the 39s, though. 43's are so fun to use especially with fun dollar amounts like that.

Anyways, when I'm done my set will be:

140 -- 5c (pink)
100 -- 25c (yellow)
100 -- 50c (purple, I know I shouldn't have mixed the two but tbh, the wedding skeletons are too beautiful to pass up)
180 -- $1 (blue)
100 -- $5 (red)
40 -- $7 (white, also says "7 de la suerte" on them)
35 -- $13 (orange)
25 -- $25 (green)
20 -- $64 (black)
12 -- $100 brown plaques.

I'll also have 47mm's for special chips:

Black -- bounty
White -- show em
Purple -- Buena Suerte (bad beat jackpot)
Pink -- Bonus

My poker nights will be electric!

Last edited:
Tina doesn't mess about when it comes to UK shipping, does she?! Which racks are those, as they look to be the perfect fit?
Evidently not! They're not a perfect fit, but they are the best I've found around Flea-bay and Amazon. They appear to be 67.7mm (fit CPC perfectly) and I have a 25mm x 1mm nylon washer inserted on the outside barrels to stop things wobbling.

IMG_0236.jpg

I'm still on the search for 66.7mm racks in the EU...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom