The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (121 Viewers)

Doesn't counting the chips at the end of the tournament negate this? I'd be pissed if any chip was ever missing and I'd know immediately and wouldn't run the cash game with the same chips
The other problem is if you start a cash game with the same chips while the tourney is still going. (Even if the $25s are no longer in play in the tournament.) With all of the chips spread in two games, the count isn't necessarily easy.

Doesn't counting the chips at the end of the tournament negate this? I'd be pissed if any chip was ever missing and I'd know immediately and wouldn't run the cash game with the same chips
Even if you know you're a chip short, that pretty much means you can NEVER use that set for cash again... . or you risk the bank being short if you do.

And most places, the cash game is going long before the tournament is over.

Even if you know you're a chip short, that pretty much means you can NEVER use that set for cash again... . or you risk the bank being short if you do.

And most places, the cash game is going long before the tournament is over.

Easy solution. Have less friends or moar chips.

We also play so low a 25 would never make it in (we have tons of 1s and 5s) so we would know instantly if someone tried to cash out a 25 on a table with 5s as the highest denom.

Basically, someone could pocket a couple 25's in a tourney, then sneak them onto the table during a cash game. If your game is a close-knit group of friends and family, it probably won't be an issue...until it is. By the same logic, a player could track down some extra 25's on eBay for $4/chip, and get an instant $20 profit. That's the number one reason for custom chips. Again, unlikely your trusted friends will do this, but it's better to eliminate the possiblity. Plus, more chips are always better.

That said, there are thousands of friendly home games that use dice chips and just pile the cash in the box, and they carry on without incident. But if the bank comes up short, you're the one who has to cover it.

Congrats on a beautiful set of chips!
Thanks, buddy! I think I'll always use them solely as tournament chips anyway... Mainly because they don't have currency signs on them which would tilt my OCD during cash games, ha!

I missed these chocolates entirely too much

bTFdpB6.jpg

And these... these are just amazing. Scott with some amazing packing too

SnoK2ee.jpg

Woot! Woot! Huge mail day thanks to my re-shipper and good friend, @Steppenwolf

Fabulous packing job my friend! I received all the various goodies unscathed and just as I had hoped for..

I want to say thanks to all the great members who contributed to this load. I may even forget a member or two. I'm sorry ahead of time.

@ovo (for my Desert Palms CCs), @Forever to Thee (for my Jack 43mm) , @jahmot (for a few 43mm Jacks) , @Tommy (for the Gemaco Superflex cards), @Marhault (for an order of STFU buttons) , @StackemHigh (for a couple barrels of Jacks) , @justinreber (for some melons) , @Steppenwolf (for my Jack Detroit Tournament Samples and AS cash and Tournament samples) , @Sparty (for ES $100s going to @Coyotesetter ) , @ReallyGoodUsername (for my Blue Chip fracs) , @Solid Snake (for the Foxwoods DB and Dunes singles) , @johnnycnote (for the Milano DB). Wow, that's a alot of help. Hope I didnt miss anyone.

@Han Trinh , I've got a few trinkets for you as well from @Steppenwolf that will get shipped to you ASAP.

@Steppenwolf , this re-ship was epic and I can't say thanks enough. Thanks for packing these as you did. Fabulous man! Pure passion for chippies.
IMG_20191125_101835.jpg
IMG_20191125_101921.jpg
IMG_20191125_101938.jpg
IMG_20191125_104135.jpg
IMG_20191125_104735.jpg
IMG_20191125_105418.jpg
IMG_20191125_110422.jpg
IMG_20191125_110845.jpg
IMG_20191125_105617.jpg

Woot! Woot! Huge mail day thanks to my re-shipper and good friend, @Steppenwolf

Fabulous packing job my friend! I received all the various goodies unscathed and just as I had hoped for..

I want to say thanks to all the great members who contributed to this load. I may even forget a member or two. I'm sorry ahead of time.

@ovo (for my Desert Palms CCs), @Forever to Thee (for my Jack 43mm) , @jahmot (for a few 43mm Jacks) , @Tommy (for the Gemaco Superflex cards), @Marhault (for an order of STFU buttons) , @StackemHigh (for a couple barrels of Jacks) , @justinreber (for some melons) , @Steppenwolf (for my Jack Detroit Tournament Samples and AS cash and Tournament samples) , @Sparty (for ES $100s going to @Coyotesetter ) , @ReallyGoodUsername (for my Blue Chip fracs) , @Solid Snake (for the Foxwoods DB and Dunes singles) , @johnnycnote (for the Milano DB). Wow, that's a alot of help. Hope I didnt miss anyone.

@Han Trinh , I've got a few trinkets for you as well from @Steppenwolf that will get shipped to you ASAP.

@Steppenwolf , this re-ship was epic and I can't say thanks enough. Thanks for packing these as you did. Fabulous man! Pure passion for chippies. View attachment 371344View attachment 371346View attachment 371347View attachment 371348View attachment 371349View attachment 371350View attachment 371355View attachment 371356View attachment 371351
IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

No problem! I'll be working on this tonight and tomorrow after work!!
How cool. I'm glad my amateur artwork turned out something half way decent!
I love how unconventional the wraparound color scheme is. Pleasure to work with you on these. Look forward to seeing them on the felt!
Those buttons look amazing! Very nice!

Brie, I hope you will be putting Ben to work. Make him earn some of those Christmas gifts. ;)

Thank you all for running this show.

This is some delayed mail pr0n..

But the chips are super sweet and I had to post these.

There is a bit of a backstory, as I had originally dibs a barrel of these as a backup dibs. The user @Coyotesetter lost out because he was in Canada and shipping out of USA was not offered. So, I swooped in for the kill. Rare chips and I bought them. Not a minute later I was overcome with guilt and sympathy for @Coyotesetter because when I first joined as he just had, I also felt that shitty feeling I missed a chance because I'm Canadian. It happened alot until I met users like @kaimat and @Steppenwolf . Stupid reason to be denied chips if you ask me. I ship chips to USA on the regular and it's easy to do, and expected of me, but that's a whole other topic of discussion/argument.

So, I offered these up to @Coyotesetter via PM. I felt super super good to help another chipper and it's good karma. I must admit, I also now had an even stronger yearning for these hundos because they are sick! It was great to help Jody, but what about me! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Well, a week later, @liftapint puts up a sale for some Jack $5Ks which I snapped up. She PM'd me and asked if there was anything I wanted. I said, "ES $100s?", thinking, fat chance I'm scoring those. Well low and behold, as if she hasn't helped me a ton as it is, Mel had a barrel. MINT if course, it's Mel! I bought them again. She even price matched and combined shipping. It's endless the stuff this woman does for people on here. In this case, I felt the chipping gods running through me. Did a good deed, then was rewarded with a chance to reload the same exact Chip.

The pr0n..

IMG_20191114_104237.jpg
IMG_20191114_104331.jpg
IMG_20191114_104336.jpg
IMG_20191114_104433.jpg
IMG_20191114_104506.jpg

Last edited:
This is some delayed mail pr0n..

But the chips are super sweet and I had to post these.

There is a bit of a backstory, as I had originally dibs a barrel of these as a backup dibs. The user @Coyotesetter lost out because he was in Canada and shipping out of USA was not offered. So, I swooped in for the kill. Rare chips and I bought them. Not a minute later I was overcome with guilt and sympathy for @Coyotesetter because when I first joined as he just had, I also felt that shitty feeling I missed a chance because I'm Canadian. It happened alot until I met users like @kaimat and @Steppenwolf . Stupid reason to be denied chips if you ask me. I ship chips to USA on the regular and it's easy to do, and expected of me, but that's a whole other topic of discussion/argument.

So, I offered these up to @Coyotesetter via PM. I felt super super good to help another chipper and it's good karma. I must admit, I also now had an even stronger yearning for these hundos because they are sick! It was great to help Jody, but what about me! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Well, a week later, @liftapint puts up a sale for some Jack $5Ks which I snapped up. She PM'd me and asked if there was anything I wanted. I said, "ES $100s?", thinking, fat chance I'm scoring those. Well low and behold, as if she hasn't helped me a ton as it is, Mel had a rack. MINT if course, it's Mel! I bought them again. She even price matched and combined shipping. It's endless the stuff this woman does for people on here. In this case, I felt the chipping gods running through me. Did a good deed, then was rewarded with a chance to reload the same exact Chip.

The pr0n..

View attachment 371601View attachment 371602View attachment 371603View attachment 371604View attachment 371605

Great story. I’ve always had nothing but great experiences dealing with @liftapint... :tup:

Nice chips!

It's all about chip karma. Today was one of my most happy "chipping" days of my life, when I drove 14 hours to pick up the coolest slot machine I've ever seen. I only found it because another chipper who I had helped with some chips in the past, told me about it. I swear, I'm not that nice, haha. I'm selfish, because everything comes back 10 fold. Look at this thing, man! Damn it. I'm so in love.

PS. To save myself from a bunch of PMs....I didn’t have a rack of ES $100s. I just had a barrel. So I can’t help anyone else out with those.

PSS. 14 hours is too long to drive in one day, especially in the rain.

B986F4E5-4882-494D-AF5C-9F8AE3916C50.jpeg

It's all about chip karma. Today was one of my most happy "chipping" days of my life, when I drove 14 hours to pick up the coolest slot machine I've ever seen. I only found it because another chipper who I had helped with some chips in the past, told me about it. I swear, I'm not that nice, haha. I'm selfish, because everything comes back 10 fold. Look at this thing, man! Damn it. I'm so in love.

PS. To save myself from a bunch of PMs....I didn’t have a rack of ES $100s. I just had a barrel. So I can’t help anyone else out with those.

PSS. 14 hours is too long to drive in one day, especially in the rain.

View attachment 371624
That’s a beauty Mel. Congratulations on the find. Definitely worth the drive!
Get yourself a bunch of quarters, those old machines rarely pay out. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom