The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (59 Viewers)

Got these from @JWJ
I know TP is a polarized subject, but damn is @JeepologyOffroad a genius at design.

This is my favorite green chip ever.

8 V hotness.
1000001537.jpg

I was also loaned a sample set of the SunFly Oasis chips.

Thank you!

1000001536.jpg

1000001535.jpg

I’m not trying to shit on @JeepologyOffroad because I respect him and his work. But the word genius might be a bit extreme.
View attachment 1333304
It really isn’t …some may or may not like bright colored chips or his style of design… but he is a genius … period. One may prefer Andy Warhol over Picasso, but they are both geniuses in their own right...time to stop the nonsensical hate posts?

And to clarify, certain chips/sets were made for specific reasons... The VIP 2 $25s, The Misc Gold $25Ks, The VIp 1 $5s, etc. John designed 10 sets, 89 chips (+ DB)...and if anyone had the pleasure of working with him on a project of this magnitude, they would really understand the 'genius'

P.S. it is precisely these types of posts (and handful of posters) who makes those involved in NAGBs not want to share details/info....

Not to derail this thread...you can always PM me to continue this conversation...

back to regular programming...mail day from a while ago

8klzCtz.jpg

Got these from @JWJ
I know TP is a polarized subject, but damn is @JeepologyOffroad a genius at design.

This is my favorite green chip ever.

8 V hotness.
View attachment 1333253

I was also loaned a sample set of the SunFly Oasis chips.

Thank you!
agreed. Certain colors/denoms have typically been in the 'secondary' pile with very little attention paid to their designs...Green, red, purple, and even black don't get as much attention as yellow and orange for example... these sets, IMO, changed a lot of that.

It really isn’t …some may or may not like bright colored chips or his style of design… but he is a genius … period. One may prefer Andy Warhol over Picasso, but they are both geniuses in their own right...time to stop the nonsensical hate posts?

And to clarify, certain chips/sets were made for specific reasons... The VIP 2 $25s, The Misc Gold $25Ks, The VIp 1 $5s, etc. John designed 10 sets, 89 chips (+ DB)...and if anyone had the pleasure of working with him on a project of this magnitude, they would really understand the 'genius'

P.S. it is precisely these types of posts (and handful of posters) who makes those involved in NAGBs not want to share details/info....

Not to derail this thread...you can always PM me to continue this conversation...

back to regular programming...mail day from a while ago

8klzCtz.jpg
Feel free to include me in the next project…I’m a genius too. Still working out my medium, but I’m the best team member ever.

Why even engage with the same posts from the same people spammed everywhere? John’s design work (way beyond NAGB) and the results speak for themselves. If people who can barely make a single cohesive set want to discount that just laugh at them and go about your day. You’ll get to read the same drivel again tomorrow.

Why even engage with the same posts from the same people spammed everywhere? John’s design work (way beyond NAGB) and the results speak for themselves. If people who can barely make a single cohesive set want to discount that just laugh at them and go about your day. You’ll get to read the same drivel again tomorrow.
Agree … my bad … but gets super tiring after a while … not sure why they see a need to post the same BS (not just regarding this subject, but others as well) continuously … but you’re right … all done … back to chipping nirvana :love:

not sure why they see a need to post the same BS
just keeping it 100, as the kids say.

I don’t shit on every Tiger post. I get jabs in here and there but it’s mostly fun. But in this particular case, a single chip was posted, proclaiming the designer a genius. To me, there’s some value (educational and historical) in pointing out that the chip was a tribute.

Others have said way more bullshit towards tigers than @upNdown and I think Ken is just a bit fed up with it and @upNdown was wrong place wrong time lol
Thanks, but maybe it was Ken who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can’t expect to do a multi-year rollout of super premium chips like that and not expect all kinds of feedback and discussion - some stuff you might like to hear and some stuff you might not.

I've been over it for awhile now. Some of the recent bullshit that's been going on have been the nails in the coffin, the straw on the camels back. I stopped posting/coming to the site for a bit before my meetup, came back for that, and will head back off once I've wrapped my current business.

For me, I'm an all or nothing guy, so I can't ignore the copious amounts of bogus stuff ongoing and only focus on the positive (I'm not supes great at compartmentalizing or coping mechanisms).

Just wanted to say as someone that has dealt with Ken on various transactions amounting to no small amount of $ and someone who has (I think) engaged with UpNDown constantly on this site over the past years, I would really enjoy having either or both of them at a dinner or poker table with me.

I think it's important that we do better to highlight users that bring value to the community, be it bringing chips, helpful posts, adding to the social aspect of PCF, educating materials, helping new members, adding transparency and truthfulness, whatever. And I personally think both users bring value to PCF.

It really isn’t …some may or may not like bright colored chips or his style of design… but he is a genius … period. One may prefer Andy Warhol over Picasso, but they are both geniuses in their own right...
I'm not taking any sides but this has to be the most over the top (and please, please, please, please be sensible enough to admit, exaggerated) analogy I've heard here.

Absolutely no disrespect at all to John, he's very good at what he does.

I think people here could benefit from being a little less sensitive, TBH. With 20,000 members or whatever, if you think there aren't going to be differing opinions/tastes/preferences you're naive. Similar to the feedback on a lot of recent posts, if you come across something that bothers you or you don't like....just move along.

I've been over it for awhile now. Some of the recent bullshit that's been going on have been the nails in the coffin, the straw on the camels back. I stopped posting/coming to the site for a bit before my meetup, came back for that, and will head back off once I've wrapped my current business.

For me, I'm an all or nothing guy, so I can't ignore the copious amounts of bogus stuff ongoing and only focus on the positive (I'm not supes great at compartmentalizing or coping mechanisms).

Just wanted to say as someone that has dealt with Ken on various transactions amounting to no small amount of $ and someone who has (I think) engaged with UpNDown constantly on this site over the past years, I would really enjoy having either or both of them at a dinner or poker table with me.

I think it's important that we do better to highlight users that bring value to the community, be it bringing chips, helpful posts, adding to the social aspect of PCF, educating materials, helping new members, adding transparency and truthfulness, whatever. And I personally think both users bring value to PCF.
I specialize in one liners and zingers.

Do I add value?

Genius comes in many forms.

I'm not taking any sides but this has to be the most over the top (and please, please, please, please be sensible enough to admit, exaggerated) analogy I've heard here.

Absolutely no disrespect at all to John, he's very good at what he does.

I think people here could benefit from being a little less sensitive, TBH. With 20,000 members or whatever, if you think there aren't going to be differing opinions/tastes/preferences you're naive. Similar to the feedback on a lot of recent posts, if you come across something that bothers you or you don't like....just move along.
This is excellent advice…for everyone, everywhere, and everything.

If I offended anyone, the it’s definitely on purpose.

But, it means I really like you.

This is excellent advice…for everyone, everywhere, and everything.

If I offended anyone, the it’s definitely on purpose.

But, it means I really like you.
Sorry…I’m remembering unintentionally offending quite a few people (I always make amends). Still batting in the high 0.900s, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom