The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (118 Viewers)

Got these in today. :)
1C5C388B-2B47-4242-B70C-DB86A57BFDB9.jpeg

Incase I missed it, does anyone know the back story on these? @allforcharity?
Most likely someone in the 90s contacted Paulson. They offered some flexibility and customization to fantasy chips! I believe there was one other fantasy chip that was made into an oversized IHC someone referenced. We have also seen unique inlay denomaintons across other fantasy chips and sometimes additional edge spots via customization direct thru Paulson in the 80/90s.

Most likely someone in the 90s contacted Paulson. They offered some flexibility and customization to fantasy chips! I believe there was one other fantasy chip that was made into an oversized IHC someone referenced. We have also seen unique inlay denomaintons across other fantasy chips and sometimes additional edge spots via customization direct thru Paulson in the 80/90s.

I have some theories on it, maybe an employee or something. The person I acquired them from was selling them for a friend. They offered me more chips and sent me a picture of these $10 chips. I told them I was interested in them but they haven’t gotten back to me. I’m not sure what these are but I’ve never seen them before. The Chipguide.com shows some $1 chips that are similar…
IMG_2198.jpeg

IMG_2432.jpeg

Last edited:
I have some theories on it, maybe an employee or something. The person I acquired them from was selling them for a friend. They offered me more chips and sent me a picture of these $10 chips. Which I told them I was interested in but they haven’t gotten back to me. I’m not sure what these are either but I’ve never seen them before. The Chipguide.com shows some $1 chips that are similar…
View attachment 1139349
View attachment 1139350
Never seen that spot pattern tho!

When the Traveling Circus is rolling through town, of COURSE you meet them for breakfast!!!

Personal delivery >>>>>>>> mail.

Thanks @Gear and @Wifey ! Absolutely incredible work on these chips. So excited to be finished with these two sets.
And thanks for the sample set!! The folks in Colorado are in for a treat!

IMG_0091.jpeg
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0090.jpeg
IMG_0094.jpeg

IMG_0092.jpeg

A few items showed up while I was away at work.

AD-May2023Mailday-a.jpeg

A few Vegas ones for that particular part of my collection (yeah, a couple of the new hot-stamps and an Icon abomination). I'm such a completeist and borderline OCD when I start a collection like that, it usualy winds up being my undoing. :LOL: :laugh: I actually don't hate the NYNY chip. For a place with no poker room and (AFAICT) no real use for the $1s outside maybe Sic-Bo (only place I saw it in use last time I was there ages ago) or Pai-Gow, it's mostly functional and non-offensive.

The Hacienda $25 on the other hand, ooh-la-la. :love: I had this in my watch list for a while and the seller made an offer to me that was below book price and below what I had seen it go for in recent months, so I had to jump at that chance. Just a beautiful old chip from an historic and long gone property on the south end of the Strip.

There are more in-transit, so additional goodies for here before too long. I swear, bad weather nights at the observatory have a way of eating into my wallet. I should probably watch more YouTube or anime to help save some of my bankroll on nights like that. :oops:

Been wondering about these. Design is appealing but where would you place them on the stiffness scale?
According to the Redneck Database they are on the stiffer side. Imo they have a kind of unique "leathery" feel which I like a lot. I can bring a setup to the meetup. You choose: Bridge standard or Poker jumbo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom