The next step in my hosting journey. (2 Viewers)

Hey guys, so after playing with samples and seeing some in person, I think I'll go down the CPC custom route. Had a lot of help from guys on this thread, but I think I want to make them my own and do it right once. Hell, I'm going full custom on a chanman, why not chips.

Here are my initial designs. Our colours are consistent for our cash games:
Fracs: blue/pink
$1: white
$5: Purple
$20: Brown
$100: Black

Stakes are 25/25 to 25/50 and we usually run a small game, I can't actually ever see the $100's being used, but I want a barrel anyways. I only have 12 $20 plaques now and after years of running a game it's never grown to a much higher stake one.

Frac options (trying to keep it cheap here)

Frac 1.png
frac 2.png

$1

1.png

$5

5.png

$20

20.png

$100 Options

100 1.png
100 2.png

Thoughts?

I would look at butterscotch as you “brown” chip for better contrast with the $100. Also, I wouldn’t want two shades of blue in a similar spot pattern next to each other.
Lots of blue overall.

I like the $5, but do you want to use black twice? There are so many great color choices is seems a shame to not use something different. If you want a dark color maroon is great on edge spots.

I would look at butterscotch as you “brown” chip for better contrast with the $100. Also, I wouldn’t want to shades of blue in a similar spot pattern next to each other.
Lots of blue overall.

I like the $5, but do you want to use black twice? There are so many great color choices is seems a shame to not use something different. If you want a dark color maroon is great on edge spots.

This is why I love you guys.

Let me look at some of your suggestions.

How about this?

Problem is I'm not in love with that $1, and it's my workhorse.

new $1.png

$5

new 5.png

$20
new $5.png

This setup kind of addresses all of those things hey @Rhodeman77 ?? Not too much blue, no similar blues, and getting rid of the black on the $5? Is having a pink edge spot on the $5 too much for the frac/$5 which will be on the felt a lot?

frac 2.png

1.png

new 5.png

new $5.png

100 2.png

Yeah I really would worry about brown 20 and Black 100 together.

Brown would actually be a good choice for a frac. And I prefer blue dollars to white personally, but that's largely in part to a nearby room that had white paulsons for dollars that pretty much turned to crap after a year. Just shows too much dirt, maybe not as big a deal for home game volume.

If I were doing it, and you are free to ignore this, butterscotch quarter, sky blue dollar, purple 5, pink 20, black 100? I am also a bit worried about purple and pink causing dirty stack issues too.

I like the new $5 a lot!!! That is a grest chip to build the set around.

I don’t like the $100 at all. I dark green is very dark!! Next to black it is hard to tell the two of them apart. The best part of a black chip is to use bright colors to contrast it.

Yeah I really would worry about brown 20 and Black 100 together.

Brown would actually be a good choice for a frac. And I prefer blue dollars to white personally, but that's largely in part to a nearby room that had white paulsons for dollars that pretty much turned to crap after a year. Just shows too much dirt, maybe not as big a deal for home game volume.

If I were doing it, and you are free to ignore this, butterscotch quarter, sky blue dollar, purple 5, pink 20, black 100? I am also a bit worried about purple and pink causing dirty stack issues too.

I'll look into making the $100 a bit more different, I'm kind of set on the other colours, especially making the frac pink or blue. I love bright colors. But I do appreciate the comments!

I like the new $5 a lot!!! That is a grest chip to build the set around.

I don’t like the $100 at all. I dark green is very dark!! Next to black it is hard to tell the two of them apart. The best part of a black chip is to use bright colors to contrast it.

Yeah, I'm thinking that now too. They're going to hardly ever see felt, but I want to make them as nice as possible!

h.png

Is this just too crazy?

Hey guys, so after playing with samples and seeing some in person, I think I'll go down the CPC custom route. Had a lot of help from guys on this thread, but I think I want to make them my own and do it right once. Hell, I'm going full custom on a chanman, why not chips.

Here are my initial designs. Our colours are consistent for our cash games:
Fracs: blue/pink
$1: white
$5: Purple
$20: Brown
$100: Black

Stakes are 25/25 to 25/50 and we usually run a small game, I can't actually ever see the $100's being used, but I want a barrel anyways. I only have 12 $20 plaques now and after years of running a game it's never grown to a much higher stake one.

Frac options (trying to keep it cheap here)

View attachment 564088View attachment 564090

$1

View attachment 564091

$5

View attachment 564092

$20

View attachment 564093

$100 Options

View attachment 564094View attachment 564095

Thoughts?
Solid fracs would be my choice, it looks better and while keeping the cost down.

I really like the look of the first brown chip but agree the. butterscotch looks great and contrasts a bit better with the rest of the set.

I think I may pass on the $100 chip for now. I'm going to build a 400 chip set with the frac/$1/$5/$20 and then get 12 ceramic plaques for the $100.

400 seems low, but we play 6 handed 90% of the time, and play 25/25 with $20-50 buy ins, rarely we play .25/.50 with $50 buy ins. I could stretch to 500 chips, but I figure if our game grows i can always add on.

Currently my set is as below, and we haven't even gotten close to the bank yet.
160 x .25's
200 x $1's
100 x $5's
12 x $20's

Pokerchips.jpg

I could stretch to 500 chips, but I figure if our game grows i can always add on.

That's the beauty of cpc.

Then my humble suggestion is a breakdown of 100/200/80/20 of 0.25/1/5/20 for a bank of 1025.

Your existing bank is 980 so you are probably still covered, just adding efficiency to the 400 chips to meet the limit. Reducing the blind chips is your best bet, especially if 6-8 handed is the norm.

I would skip the 100 besides I ghink to get 5 different denoms you have to have at least 500 chips.

If I was doing a custom $1 I wouldn't go with white. I would go with Blue or a non standard color. You already have a non standard $5.

I would skip the 100 besides I ghink to get 5 different denoms you have to have at least 500 chips.

If I was doing a custom $1 I wouldn't go with white. I would go with Blue or a non standard color. You already have a non standard $5.
My order is up to 600 chips now, so denoms shouldn't be an issue. I may skip the $100 as I can just get a handful of plaques to handle the $100 jobs, and while I'd love to have a blue one, the 1/2 pie blue/butter frac in the second rendition is absolutely stunning.

Here are my latest renditions.

This is with a frac/$1/$5/$20/$100/member chip

FInals 1.png

This is with a: frac/$1/$5/$20/member chip.
finals 2.png

I think I prefer the white next to the purple opposed to the light blue, but I would consider a different color blue and brown spot on the $1 opposed to using light blue and butterscotch back to back on 2 chips next to each other in the line up. Just a personal preference though

I think this iteration looks great either way. I would lean toward the first lineup, even if you forgot the 100 denom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom