The most ridiculous board ever (1 Viewer)

joker80

Flush
Reaction score
We were 4 handed at the end of the night and one of the guys called this game for dealers choice. It was Big O hi/lo split with a 5 by 5 board , vertical, horizontal, and x lines played as the boards
IMG_3145.JPG

It was the last hand of the night... I folded as I did not have a low possibility. One guy won the high with Quad 7s (on the x of course!) and chopped the low with another guy. The third guy busted

We used to play a similar game called tic-tac hold em' with a board like:

XXX
XXX XX
XXX

Eight ways to play flop: (3)left/right, (3)up/down & (2)diagonal then 1 turn & 1 river.

But it was high only, split pot would be insanity & take forever to split the pot.

Banco has 34 possible boards, but I would never play it PL (or NL).

Truth be told, I love playing Banco. I was introduced to the game at the same time I learned to play Omaha. By necessity, I learned to read Omaha boards quickly and accurately (usually).

The other guy calls a game called chase the paint, which in my opinion is the dumbest game ever. Double board omaha, hi only, if a paint comes the card after is a wild card, a second paint card and the card after is a wild card. If a paint card comes on the river, all wild cards are cancelled.

:qh::jh: and :jc::tc: are the nut Hi hands (both make royal flushes). Any A3 or 43 make the best Low hand (64321). Gotta be nuckin' futs to play this.....

:qh::jh: and :jc::tc: are the nut Hi hands (both make royal flushes). Any A3 or 43 make the best Low hand (64321). Gotta be nuckin' futs to play this.....
So there are 30 different potential scoop hands (with a significant chance of getting only a partial portion of the pot):

:qh: :jh: :ad::3c:
:qh: :jh: :ad: :3d:
:qh: :jh: :ad: :3h:
:qh: :jh: :as::3c:
:qh: :jh: :as: :3d:
:qh: :jh: :as: :3h:
:qh: :jh: :4c: :3c:
:qh: :jh: :4c: :3d:
:qh: :jh: :4c: :3h:
:qh: :jh: :4h: :3c:
:qh: :jh: :4h: :3d:
:qh: :jh: :4h: :3h:
:qh: :jh: :4s: :3c:
:qh: :jh: :4s: :3d:
:qh: :jh: :4s: :3h:

:jc: :tc: :ad: :3c:
:jc: :tc: :ad: :3d:
:jc: :tc: :ad: :3h:
:jc: :tc: :as: :3c:
:jc: :tc: :as: :3d:
:jc: :tc: :as: :3h:
:jc: :tc: :4c: :3c:
:jc: :tc: :4c: :3d:
:jc: :tc: :4c: :3h:
:jc: :tc: :4h: :3c:
:jc: :tc: :4h: :3d:
:jc: :tc: :4h: :3h:
:jc: :tc: :4s: :3c:
:jc: :tc: :4s: :3d:
:jc: :tc: :4s: :3h:

Even more insane than I thought.

Top 4 things to do when faced with that game for last hand of the night:

1) Fold and get another beer.
2) Fold and accuse the dealer of being drunk.... or perhaps "drunker than you".
3) Fold and read a 800 page novel (might figure out who has the winning hand by the time you finish).
4) Fold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom