The Iron Bank tournament set (1 Viewer)

stocky

Full House
Reaction score
Introducing the Iron Bank tournament set. (Nerd alert ahead)

First the boring stuff, I joined CT in February 2012. My first post was a mockup of a set I was planning on purchasing. It was pretty simple but p5woody made me a great inlay, I never pulled the trigger on it but I continued to work on it behind the scenes (and still occasionally do). Then 2 years ago after watching an episode of Game of Thrones I started playing with the chip tool to see if I could make a set based on the books and houses. And so it began, it started by using the most prominent houses and basing each chip to its sigil eg. House Tyrells sigil is a golden rose on a green field. So the chip base would match the "field" and spot colors would match the emblem. There were a few hiccups along the way (ASM Vegas) which kept the set on the back burner but it really came together after contacting J5 and CPC. I contacted George R. R. Martin for permission to use the house sigils and mottos, surprisingly he allowed it, but the sigils are closer to the HBO styling. I believe they're more appealing and easier to recognize than the books versions.

House Tyrell of Highgarden is one of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, being liege lords of the Reach. A large, wealthy house, its wealth is only surpassed among the Great Houses by House Lannister, and the Tyrells can field the greatest armies. Additionally, if they call the fleets of their bannermen the Redwynes, the lords of the Shield Islands, and the coastal lords, they can command a navy that equals if not surpasses the royal fleet.
Highgarden is an ancient seat of rule and the heart of chivalry in the Seven Kingdoms; the Tyrells style themselves 'Defenders of the Marches' and 'High Marshals of the Reach', and traditionally, they have been Wardens of the South. Their sigil is a golden rose on a green field, and their words are "Growing Strong."

image.jpgimage.jpg

House Greyjoy of Pyke is one of the Great Houses of Westeros. It rules over the Iron Islands, a harsh and bleak collection of forbidding islands off the west coast of Westeros, from the Seastone Chair in the castle of Pyke on the island of the same name. The head of the family is traditionally known as the Lord Reaper of Pyke. Their sigil is a golden kraken on a black field, and their house motto is "We Do Not Sow."

image.jpgimage.jpg

House Tully of Riverrun is one of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms. Lord Hoster Tully rules over the riverlands from the Tully seat of Riverrun. Their sigil is a silver trout leaping on a blue and red striped field, and their words are "Family, Duty, Honor."

image.jpgimage.jpg

House Nymeros Martell of Sunspear is one of the Great Houses of Westeros and is the ruling house of Dorne. 'Nymeros' indicates "of the line of Nymeria," but generally it is simply called House Martell. The seat of the Prince of Dorne is Sunspear in southeastern Dorne. The Martells of old used a spear as their emblem, while Nymeria and her Rhoynar used the sun as theirs. When Nymeria wed Lord Mors Martell, the symbols were combined into a gold spear piercing a red sun on an orange field. Their words are Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

image.jpgimage.jpg

House Bolton of the Dreadfort is an old line descended from the First Men and dating back to the Age of Heroes. Their sigil is a flayed man, red on pink. Their seat is the Dreadfort and they are one of the most powerful houses of the North. The Boltons are known for their practice of flaying their enemies. Their words are "Our blades are sharp," while a common saying among the Boltons is "A flayed man holds no secrets."

image.jpgimage.jpg

Valar Morghulis

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And finally my thanks to everyone who helped put this set together no matter how big or small the advice I appreciated all of it. They are to many to mention everyone but special thanks go to John (J5) for his excellent work. Manz and Redbelly for inspiration for the spot patterns on the 1k and 5k, this set wouldn't be the same without these two chips turning out the way they have. And Dan (atomiktoaster) for handling all the American samples you have saved me so much time and a lot of headaches.

And lastly my my wife for putting up with 3 years of "look at this, does look better? Or this one?"

Last edited:
first! in the most epic custom set pr0n since i've made the move to PCF. just magnificent. i wouldn't change a thing and it is so far beyond fortunate that you were able to get the go ahead from GRRM and get J5 to design some of the best double-sided chips of all time.

homerun in every sense.

Wow these look great... what a cool set. Will there be a group buy in our near future?

Nicely done! Love the thoughtful colors and spot combos that fit the theme so well. Enjoy!

Wow. Amazing. They look fantastic, Paul.

Never had any doubts that your set would be anything less than epic.

Splendid job, sir! :)

Are those 5ks representative of how all the spots came put?

If so, stunning work from CPC.

It warms my cockles knowing that custom clays are back in the right hands.

Are those 5ks representative of how all the spots came put?

If so, stunning work from CPC.

It warms my cockles knowing that custom clays are back in the right hands.

I haven't inspected each chip but yes it is a good representation of all of the 5k chips.

Very nice, I enjoyed the back story and the chips look great! Just in time for the new season, can't wait to see these in person.

Side note: I always wondered what happened to that original design we created back in 2012. That seems like so long ago, if you ever want to revamp it let me know. I'm sure we could do better now :)

Stunning stuff Stocky, enjoy them.

Another reason why I kept saying this run of FDLs is a milestone batch from CPC

Great post! It's been a privilege to be involved with this set and I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out.

Whichever chip represents that hot blonde dragon chick is my favorite.

edit: I've only watched a season and a half....

edit 2: Fantastic set. This is really a set for the ages. Thank you for the pics!

There will be something soon :)

Excellent theme and great looking chips - I am anxious to receive my sample set. Can't wait for the cash set too.

Following closely to see what is coming soon. Winter is coming.

Excellent theme and great looking chips - I am anxious to receive my sample set. Can't wait for the cash set too.

Following closely to see what is coming soon. Winter is coming.

Cash set! I would to see that come to life. I like the design this tourney set.

Stocky, got my samples today. These turned out incredible. You should definitely send a sample set to GRRM. I can't wait to see the cash set! Thanks again.

Stocky, got my samples today. These turned out incredible. You should definitely send a sample set to GRRM. I can't wait to see the cash set! Thanks again.

I thought this. If you can figure out how to get them to him it would be really cool to send a set to GRRM

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm over the moon. I tried to sneak them into the bed last night but the wife threatened me with a choice, her or them for the rest of my life. It was a tough choice but the wife won out.

For people asking for any extra samples, unfortunately I didn't receive a lot of extra 5k chips so won't really be able to offer any more, really wish I could but can't sorry.

Last edited:
For people asking for any extra samples, unfortunately I didn't receive a lot of extra 5k chips so won't really be able to offer any more, really wish I could but can't sorry.

No problem at all, stocky. The colors on the 1k and 5k are outstanding, and the mold fits nicely with the theme. I've only begun GOT in the last couple of weeks (the last remaining person in North America), up to episode 3.7 and speeding along. Never thought I'd feel pity for poor Jaime Lannister. Enjoying the adventure.

No problem at all, stocky. The colors on the 1k and 5k are outstanding, and the mold fits nicely with the theme. I've only begun GOT in the last couple of weeks (the last remaining person in North America), up to episode 3.7 and speeding along. Never thought I'd feel pity for poor Jaime Lannister. Enjoying the adventure.

It's good story telling that can make you feel sorry for the "bad" guy. Don't go too fast or you'll be bummed when you have to wait for more.

He goes from a character you love to hate to one you genuinely like.

The real test: how many buyins will I lose with House Bolton? Mighty sets have failed (I'm looking at Club Courage's lil deuce).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428113268.456368.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom