The Double Down Saloon (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
After a lengthy wait, I was able to build a modest set of chips from the Double Down Saloon in Lacenter, Washington. 800 chips with a total bank of $14,700 but no fractionals.

A bit of history: The Chip Room split the sale of these chips. The first sale was for $0.25, $25 and $100 chips - no $1s or $5s and no assurance there would ever be any of these workhorse chips available. I passed on the first sale. Opps! A while later, The Chip Room gets the $1s and $5s and sells them. I get my fair share and start looking for the missing denominations. This is easier said than done when I wasn't willing to pay top prices. But after a long hunt, I was able to get the higher denominations needed to play $1/$1 or higher.

I am still looking for a rack or two of fractionals, but I am not holding my breath. (But I do have space for two more racks in a 1,000 chip Bird cage.

These are scheudled for play Friday in a $1/$2 game and a $1/$1 game on the 26th. Let's hope no "first night out" bad luck is waiting for me!

DrStrange

One of my favorite fracs ever! If I ever decide to get rid of any that I have I'll be sure to let the good Dr know.

Love this set. Great breakdown and full racks, a must for me. The $100 is hotness as well, could be my favorite spot pattern ever.

I have about 250 each of the $1 and $5 I bought off Jim in person at the chiproom, plus a rack of $25 from Grand Vic. I was able to purchase them for a great price, I want to say less than 30 cents each. The $5 are more worn than the $1 and they stink like an ashtray, but I do really like them. I splurged and bought a rack of Ameristar quarters from someone at chiptalk a while back and I have a nice 25/50 cent set. I spent a fair amount of time with an electric toothbrush cleaning them, and they are one of my favorite sets. Yours look to be in similar condition, I think you'll like 'em! I don't have any $25 or $100 from Double Down and it's a shame because they are the prettiest chips. Someone at CT had a Double Down 25 cent label made back in the day and I remember it looked awesome, can't remember who.

Very nice, Doc, but I don't think Crazy needs any encouragement to come out firing with both guns blazin'.

I have about 250 each of the $1 and $5 I bought off Jim in person at the chiproom, plus a rack of $25 from Grand Vic. I was able to purchase them for a great price, I want to say less than 30 cents each. The $5 are more worn than the $1 and they stink like an ashtray, but I do really like them. I splurged and bought a rack of Ameristar quarters from someone at chiptalk a while back and I have a nice 25/50 cent set. I spent a fair amount of time with an electric toothbrush cleaning them, and they are one of my favorite sets. Yours look to be in similar condition, I think you'll like 'em! I don't have any $25 or $100 from Double Down and it's a shame because they are the prettiest chips. Someone at CT had a Double Down 25 cent label made back in the day and I remember it looked awesome, can't remember who.

I agree. One of my favorites as well

I still have a small set of these too - nice chips. I actually gave them to my son when he left for college.

Count yourself lucky that I never cleaned those hundos... if I had I probably wouldn't have gotten rid of them ;)

Glad to see these went to a good home where they may actually see some play :D

Clean those hundos!! ;)

Nice set...good luck with the fractional search.

cool chips.. doesn't really seem like poker chips to me but more of table game chips.. nonetheless, awesome set!

I’ve got 2.....just need 98 more

DC47B959-9428-499D-AC29-4F48822E87F6.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom