Tape to diffuse led light strip? (2 Viewers)

Timmah

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to diffuse led lights on a poker table? I was thinking that there might be some kind of tape or something g else that can be put over the leds?
IMG_2273.jpeg

I used an aluminum “track” mounted to the rail that my leds sit in with a plastic type diffuser that clips in to the track.

Purchased off Amazon

Muzata 10PACK 3.3FT/1M Flexible Silver LED Channel with Milky White LED Cover Lens Bendable Aluminum Profile Housing Track for Strip Tape Light Anodized Curved Mount U106 1M WW, LB1 https://a.co/d/7YwKKtD

Last edited:
I used an aluminum “track” mounted to the rail that my leds sit in with a plastic type diffuser that clips in to the track.

I have that and while it does some diffusing you can still see spots even with 120leds/meter. To completely diffuse my strip I've added EVA foam strips in front of that.

9VFUr4q.jpg

w2pxhAg.jpg

Works brilliantly.

If you have enough overhang on the rail you can just push the foam in with no need to fix it in place - make it slightly oversized and it will fit snuggly and also give overpitched cards a soft barrier to bounce off.

Last edited:
As for cheap diffusion tape you would be surprised how good some foggy scotch tape or some clear mylar tape would do for diffusion. If we pop an opal diffusion frame on set we use mylar to repair it as it's the same diffusion as opal diffusion, which equates to a 1/2 stop of light loss. I hope I didn't go too over your head.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom