Table felt was marked by pen -- how to remove? (1 Viewer)

snooptodd

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
So last night, one of my players tossed a pen across the table, and as it skidded it left a 2-inch long black ink mark on the felt. I did a quick blot with water but it had no effect. Anyone suggestions on how I could get ballpoint pen ink out of speedcloth felt?

Give goo Gone a try. It typically works with most stains. Rubbing alcohol may also work. Alcohol based hairspray will also work.

Try 90% isopropyl rubbing alcohol first

If not, this stuff is literally a miracle worker on every stain I've tried it on yet
1710516501406.png

Seems like a good time to pick out a cool new color speedcloth. And your idiot friend should chip in for half.
Good luck either way.

If it’s permanent marker, the best thing to remove it with no residue is heptane. It’s a solvent that evaporates lightning fast and leaves no oily residue like Goo-Gone.
Bestine rubber cement thinner is 100% heptane and can be found at some arts-and-crafts stores. You can also find it in some spray carburetor cleaners, but that may also contain acetone. Not sure if the acetone would affect the cloth or not, but heptane is safe on most surfaces

I worked in auto repair for many years. Whenever we would accidently get a grease spot or ink on car upholstery we used a product called Brakecleen to get it off. It came in an aerosol can and what it consisted of chemically was the same as dry cleaning fluid. If nothing else suggested works before you buy another cloth and redo your table try this. It works crazy good!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom