Interest Super Mario Bros + Other Dealer buttons (1 Viewer)

No worries bud, thank you for trying to help. Happy chipping!

I may be a minority but seems pretty bad taste for some of these royalty charges still being collected in other group buys after the original art has been paid for tenfold or much much more.

I could charge for the art I paid for too but it was my choice to do the art in the first place. Sharing it with this great community is the least I can do.
Pretty cool that so many people are using it :)

In the end, You do you.
Just a suggestion.
I could be wrong, but when I have collected royalties in my group buys (which always go to the designers BTW), it’s the designers who own the artwork. They haven’t been paid for the designs by another person.

I could be wrong, but when I have collected royalties in my group buys (which always go to the designers BTW), it’s the designers who own the artwork. They haven’t been paid for the designs by another person.
At what point does it become unethical for a designer to continue collecting or not lower their royalty fee?
Say designer put 10 hours into the design and has already collected $200 in royalties? Or $2k? Or more?

Why is commissioning a designer and paying the design fee such a drastically different amount than typically charged for royalties?

I feel I got a steal for the amount of work that was put in for my design. I couldn't conciously charge a fee for their work.
I feel sharing free and giving credit where credit is due is a better route. If someone would like to DONATE to designer vs charging significantly more than they'd charge for it if commissioned also seems like a better route but that's just me.

PS. @Colquhoun Did the art for the sun's from a picture I found online.

Not that art, but just slapped together a quick 60mm mockup if interested (show references for uninitiated).
Alright... I may need a few of these.. @iLogik - feel free to add to the group buy if anyone is interested, I'll send over ai files. If it ends up just me, I'll foot the bill to get enough for border.

1716732681073.png

1716689106749.png

Last edited:
Not trying to be a pain but. I did not pay for the artwork. I created it. I am the one who spent 80 hours fiddling with it until I thought it was perfect. The artwork on that dealer button is my intellectual property. For people to balk at a mere $.75 is ludicrous. God forbid anyone be even remotely compensated for work they've done. This time will be my last offer to help a group buy save some money.
I am sorry for busting your balls without knowing the details. Recoup for your time then. You do you.
I was just suggesting not being like those that charge others for art that would have costed the same time or money regardless of sharing with others.
There's plenty of free designs out there or people that would do the art faster and cheaper than most of us trying to figure out how to do it ourselves.

At what point does it become unethical for a designer to continue collecting or not lower their royalty fee?
Say designer put 10 hours into the design and has already collected $200 in royalties? Or $2k? Or more?

Why is commissioning a designer and paying the design fee such a drastically different amount than typically charged for royalties?

I feel I got a steal for the amount of work that was put in for my design. I couldn't conciously charge a fee for their work.
I feel sharing free and giving credit where credit is due is a better route. If someone would like to DONATE to designer vs charging significantly more than they'd charge for it if commissioned also seems like a better route but that's just me.

PS. @Colquhoun Did the art for the sun's from a picture I found online.
Jerry Seinfeld still cashes royalty checks when TV stations broadcast his art. I don’t think that’s unethical.

Last edited:
Update:
were at 88 DBs
there is 2 for burns and 3 for each of the empress.
If needed ill fill in the rest of the empress.
and i believe cratty will do the same for burns.
Ill leave this up one more week and do final update on the 1st when I'm back from vacation.
1716695553246.png

Last edited:
I believe we just got there, I’ll update list later today and I’ll make a group chat with everyone interested for payment tomorrow morning.

Orders are closed.
This will remain open until all items are shipped.
Will follow up soon with payment after discussing with James.

Here is the final chip count and amount owed per dealer/chip, please let me know if there are any errors, with your order.
1717354016137.png

Yeah it seems i missed someone and some update posts
Updated:
1717358356975.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom