SunFly PolyInno (a.k.a. hybrids) HB005 (43mm chips with 1" laminated labels) - Micro Cash set on "Aviation" theme (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid_Eastwood

Full House
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place or if it shall be posted in the custom/design forum.

While practicing chip design, I've created a design for @SUN-FLY Poker Chips PolyInno HB005 chips. Basically, there are the same chips as the Mountain Top, Burro's Horseshoe, ...

My drivers while designing were :
- Instead of a clay spots, I wanted to create BG types spots
- A micro cali colors cash set
- For the theme, it's inspired by Aviation Club de France BG chips
- Font color matching a spot color
- Text matching the other spot color
- Small spot progression : one spot pattern for the fracs and another one for the units
- Usage of standard SunFly colors.

RAC_BG_All.png

Do you like the chips enough so that a group buy could be a thing ?

Kid.

I think you should make the outside of the blue chips inlay maybe light blue, or another colors to make it stand out like on the other chips

Je trouve que le jeton bleu donne une impression d'avoir un plus grand inlay à cause de ça (après j'adore vraiment les spot de ce jeton)

I think you should make the outside of the blue chips maybe light blue, or another colors to make it stand out like on the other chips

I wanted to make it the "Union Jack" chip.

Don't forget that they will have a real label. So there'll be a rim between the label and the white center circle. I highlighted here below the physical rim :

RAC_BG_1.png

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place or if it shall be posted in the custom/design forum.

While practicing chip design, I've created a design for @SUN-FLY Poker Chips PolyInno HB005 chips. Basically, there are the same chips as the Mountain Top, Burro's Horseshoe, ...

My drivers while designing were :
- Instead of a clay spots, I wanted to create BG types spots
- A micro cali colors cash set
- For the theme, it's inspired by Aviation Club de France BG chips
- Font color matching a spot color
- Text matching the other spot color
- Small spot progression : one spot pattern for the fracs and another one for the units
- Usage of standard SunFly colors.

View attachment 513373

Do you like the chips enough so that a group buy could be a thing ?

Kid.

What font is that, btw?

I always think it’s strange when a Cali set design has a non Cali location on it, especially if it’s directly on the chip. This limits relabel options for those who want to relabel into a more personal location for them.

Royal Aviation Club London

What did you use to design these?

https://www.dafont.com/fr/stencilia.font

I always think it’s strange when a Cali set design has a non Cali location on it, especially if it’s directly on the chip. This limits relabel options for those who want to relabel into a more personal location for them.

This is true and I thought about that.
Repurposing the base chips for another theme would not be possible.

The “SF” on the chip throws me off too, but that’s just me. I’m sure it stands for Sun Fly, but as someone who lives in San Francisco, it’s adds more of a disconnect from the non Cali location on Cali colored chips.

I do like the overall design however. Although the color combos on some of the chips aren’t for me I can imagine these being a popular design.

Did Spitfires have any squadron tail art on them? If so, wondering if you could showcase some of the tail art to add some variety? Maybe have the RAF bullseye on the 1?

Though the Spitfire is the most iconic British plane that era, and arguably most effective, the British fielded several other very excellent planes during WW2 across several roles:

1) Hawker Hurricane
2) de Havilland Mosquito
3) Hawker Typhoon
4) Avro Lancaster

....just to name a few. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom