Tourney Strangest Tourney Structure (1 Viewer)

ngmcs8203

Flush
Reaction score
I just saw a structure for a charity tourney that I thought was definitely interesting:

$50 gets you T$150 in starting chips the first round starting with blinds of 1/2.

What does the structure look like for the rest of the levels? I dont think I have ever come across a setup like this.

What does the structure look like for the rest of the levels? I dont think I have ever come across a setup like this.
I didn’t ask but I assume they are playing with non denom slugs. 1/2, 2/3,3/5 something like that. They said it’s about 5-6hrs with about 100 entrants.

I just saw a structure for a charity tourney that I thought was definitely interesting:

$50 gets you T$150 in starting chips the first round starting with blinds of 1/2.
A 75bb charity event for 100 players is not that unusual. Decent compromise between a 50bb turbo and a standard 100bb stack tournament, imo.

5-6 hour duration indicates the structure won't be overly aggressive, either.

A 75bb charity event for 100 players is not that unusual. Decent compromise between a 50bb turbo and a standard 100bb stack tournament, imo.

5-6 hour duration indicates the structure won't be overly aggressive, either.
The rebuys and addons will increase the tourney time as well. I guess a T1 tournament is just strange looking to me

How about this for a strange structure?:

I play in a weekly, extremely social, about the hanging out and not really the poker, home game with the following structure:

Starting stacks (Non-denom dice chips):
20x T100
20x T200
20x T300
20x T400
20x T500

Blinds:
200/400
400/600
600/1200
800/1600
... (Always add 200 to the SB and 400 to the BB)

Blinds go up every 1 orbit (7-10 hands) for the first few levels. Then the next few is after 2 orbits. Then after that it's usually until someone says "Are you guys ready to increase the blinds?"

Chips ups never happen. T500 is the largest chip and all chips stay in place the entire time.

They don't seem interested at all in changing the structure either since they've been playing that way for so long.

After a few drinks people regularly spend a full 30 seconds counting out a call, which is usually made with many different colored chips. (And is regularly over/under by a large amount)

How about this for a strange structure?:

I play in a weekly, extremely social, about the hanging out and not really the poker, home game with the following structure:

Starting stacks (Non-denom dice chips):
20x T100
20x T200
20x T300
20x T400
20x T500

Blinds:
200/400
400/600
600/1200
800/1600
... (Always add 200 to the SB and 400 to the BB)

Blinds go up every 1 orbit (7-10 hands) for the first few levels. Then the next few is after 2 orbits. Then after that it's usually until someone says "Are you guys ready to increase the blinds?"

Chips ups never happen. T500 is the largest chip and all chips stay in place the entire time.

They don't seem interested at all in changing the structure either since they've been playing that way for so long.

After a few drinks people regularly spend a full 30 seconds counting out a call, which is usually made with many different colored chips. (And is regularly over/under by a large amount)
That would tilt me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom