Strangeness Within the Native Lights $100s (1 Viewer)

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that is seems two different shades of purple were used in the Native Lights Hundos... these are before cleaning.
IMG_2889.jpg

After cleaning it now starts getting a little stranger... I don't know what's up with them but some of the chips vary in color between the face and the rolling edge. Has nothing to do with lighting/shading and oil doesn't change things.
IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2883.JPG

These were cleaned by me the same as thousands before them, warm oxy soak for a few minutes followed by a light magic eraser rubdown.

Don't see this on all the chips but it's evident to some extent on most of the "darker spot" chips. Thought it was a bit strange and am surprised it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere on here so I'm curious if others are running in to this as well?

If the chips were in racks, exposed to light, perhaps the light discolored the edges.

Reactions: ovo
extra-potent hooker juice
Extra Potent Hooker Juice, or EPHJ-syndrome as us doctors call it, is an affliction that infects one out of every 2,450 chips. There is no known cure, but it can be managed with regular baths of vinegar and honey, followed up with a rigorous shuffling regimen under a high powered ultraviolet lamp.

I have noticed a difference in the pink (radiant red) between chips and even on the same chip.

Oiling after washing makes a big difference for me on these chips but the nail polish remover I use to remove the inlay labels dries the heck out of the chips.

Grant

I posted in another thread that is seems two different shades of purple were used in the Native Lights Hundos... these are before cleaning.
View attachment 129528

After cleaning it now starts getting a little stranger... I don't know what's up with them but some of the chips vary in color between the face and the rolling edge. Has nothing to do with lighting/shading and oil doesn't change things.
View attachment 129527
View attachment 129530
View attachment 129526

These were cleaned by me the same as thousands before them, warm oxy soak for a few minutes followed by a light magic eraser rubdown.

Don't see this on all the chips but it's evident to some extent on most of the "darker spot" chips. Thought it was a bit strange and am surprised it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere on here so I'm curious if others are running in to this as well?

just like my crystal park $25s. Oil usually solves it, but some chips never fully recover.

I think it’s something with Paulson’s purple formula. My crystal park $25s have shown fading and color variation between chips and even rolling edges/faces whether cleaned by hand or in the ultrasonic. Oil helps even it out, but not perfect

Man, I keep getting a “the natives are getting restless” vibe every time I read the thread title. :p

Has anyone seen any color variations in the $25s?

I picked up some that had been cleaned (not sure what method) to add onto what I bought from the original sale and have not yet cleaned. I just put them together for the first time and was taken aback at how different the greens look.

This pic with flash exaggerates the effect and also reveals that the orange also looks a little more washed out on the cleaned chips (which you really can't tell in real life). Do you think the greens were originally slightly different, or is this entire effect due to color fade from cleaning?

xepgVUE.jpg

I picked up some that had been cleaned (not sure what method) to add onto what I bought from the original sale and have not yet cleaned. I just put them together for the first time and was taken aback at how different the greens look.

This pic with flash exaggerates the effect and also reveals that the orange also looks a little more washed out on the cleaned chips (which you really can't tell in real life). Do you think the greens were originally slightly different, or is this entire effect due to color fade from cleaning?

xepgVUE.jpg
Just looks a little thirsty.

Put a little mineral oil on the edge and let it soak in. The colors should become much closer.

I think it’s something with Paulson’s purple formula. My crystal park $25s have shown fading and color variation between chips and even rolling edges/faces whether cleaned by hand or in the ultrasonic. Oil helps even it out, but not perfect

It's a thing. I see it in my Tukwila $1s as well

Oiling helps a bit. Kind of masks the difference by darkening everything, but there's definitely still a variation.

Aligned spots chips only are oiled:

wfS5oj3.jpg

Must be very careful while cleaning some chips... not sure if the discolor is due to this, or already existing? I know I use a light dose of oxy, but very briefly and sparingly

For sure. I'm hoping someone will say "Oh yeah, my $25s had two distinctly colored versions when I got them. Let's trade!" Like how the Empress $5s are, well documented differences between a few different batches - definitely not cleaning related.

But I don't think that's the case. :(

It's a thing. I see it in my Tukwila $1s as well
Also evident on some Casa $500, both purple and hawaii flower.

And Paulson greens -- not all, but several -- have historically had issues with varying shades/hues.

Not until you pointed it out. ;) I just picked up 60 of the $25s the other week, and haven't looked at them closely, but it looks like a couple chips have a slightly different shade green and maybe the tan colored spot, too. It does seem like an 'Empress' thing with the $5s & $25s (and even the spots in the Empress secondary $100s), but it's harder for me to identify in the Native Lights $25s, it's like there's a range of green and tan, rather than just 2 distinct shades.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom