Strange filth dots on Dal Negro PokerStars cards (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Edit: take a look at @ruskba post near the top of page two. This is apparently now a known issue with these cards?

I noticed this filth accumulating on the cards during a 6-7 hour session on Friday night. I’m assuming the answer is that I need to clean my cloth. But I’ve never seen anything like this before. And my cloth doesn’t look dirty, nor do we have much food around my table. Anybody seen this before?
FWIW, it scrapes off, but it’s like sticky gunk. Most of it around the edges of the cards, front and back, though you can notice some on the faces too - just not as much.

5148D7B9-AE40-49D8-A642-BA81A8F17C7A.jpeg

BD175093-3568-4A2E-BB70-F1A5B0EEB589.jpeg

A68BA7C6-CAFD-4D50-B6CB-2B358553C64F.jpeg

Last edited:
Ewwwwww. The cards were out of the box like this?

Ewwwwww. The cards were out of the box like this?
No, we’d played with them a few weeks earlier and they were mint, and still looked mint afterward. All that filth accumulated on those cards during that one session, Friday night - didn’t even notice it until halfway through, and then it got noticeably worse and worse.

I almost want to pitch a fresh deck around my table for an hour or two and see if I can replicate it. Couldn’t have been something on somebody’s hands, right?

No, we’d played with them a few weeks earlier and they were mint, and still looked mint afterward. All that filth accumulated on those cards during that one session, Friday night - didn’t even notice it until halfway through, and then it got noticeably worse and worse.

I almost want to pitch a fresh deck around my table for an hour or two and see if I can replicate it. Couldn’t have been something on somebody’s hands, right?
That's what's most likely. No food at the table, right? Is the suited speed cloth old? Can't imagine that it would be that bleeding onto the cards.

I had the same when we used to play on a hard table. I think it was the residue from spilled drinks. Sooooo this has to be dirty hands I would think.

Must be the cloth. I'd use some upholstery cleaner nd spray it down and wipe. I use resolve personally. After each game I wipe my clothe with a wrung out cloth that I soaked in warm water, as to not accumulate the nasty.

Is it two different colors of spots? Maybe the ink from the backs of the cards?

Anyone scratching lottery tickets during the game. I had this happen from people doing scratchers, and the film getting rubbed onto the cards. Easy way to ruin a deck.
No I think I’d remember that. And I’d probably see that residue on the table.

I’ve only had this happen with a Poker Stars setup I used to have. Got better/different cards and it’s never happened again.

hey they are plastic
just spritz all with a kitchen cleaner
if that doesnt work use another with some bleach in it
(test both on a joker)
Oh these are going straight in the trash. As much as I like their feel, I found the different colored spade (used for the O in poker stars) on the backs to be annoying as hell. Besides, the fact that the filth on the red cards is reddish makes me believe that somehow the cards might be to blame. I'll clean my table too, but I don't think the table was the problem.

I’ve only had this happen with a Poker Stars setup I used to have. Got better/different cards and it’s never happened again.
Wait, have you had this same thing happen with these same cards??

Have you cleaned your table recently?
No, I give it a vacuum as needed, but since we don't really eat at the table, it's never seemed to need a good cleaning. I may have to give it one now. But it's just weird that filth could go from zero to 60 like that, without some intervening act (like eating, scratch tickets, etc)

Just saw the earlier posts. My cards don’t look like that. No build up on them over 6-7 usages. We played with them on my new table felt, the old felt as well as a couple of table toppers.

I used to play a lot of magic, and this shit seemed to show up on my card sleeves all the time. Never that quickly, but it makes me think this is hand/table gunk. Hasn't happened to any of my poker decks though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom