Not open for further replies.

colter ripton

Full House
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
For sale

2 racks of sterling 25s.

Good condition but could use a cleaning.

Prefer to sell together. 450 for both racks. Shipped

IMG_3011 (1).JPG

Pics borrowed from @ReallyGoodUsername

Thanks

Colter

Last edited:
I've been on here a while. Bought and sold many thousands of chips. I dont think I need to post a name and date pic. If you dont feel comfortable dont buy.

Price drop to 400 plus shipping for both racks. Let's get em sold.

Colter
Fair enough but so did the accounts that got hacked. Intent wasn’t to crap on it. GLWS!

I've been on here a while. Bought and sold many thousands of chips. I dont think I need to post a name and date pic. If you dont feel comfortable dont buy.

Colter
The accounts from which the fraudulent transactions originate are also long-standing members who’s accounts were compromised. That’s the point of the extra photo.

The point of a best practice like posting photos with handwritten notes is to apply them consistently. They don’t work as well if exceptions are made.

I hate taking photos for my listings too and certainly part of that is not being able to take as good photos as others (my projected assumption being that or laziness is why you used @ReallyGoodUsername’s photo) but adding processes like this helps protect the entire community even if they’re somewhat burdensome. (And for a few barrels it’s not not a super hard thing to do)

Colter texted me and said that he is being held captive by Somali pirates who insist he post fraudulent sales on PCF. Next listing will be for a rack of ACF T25Ks. I heard them in the background saying "I'm the boss now". Better buy these or else Colter may not make it out.

Seriously though, this sale is legit.

Colter
That's exactly what a scammer would say. :)

I've been on here a while. Bought and sold many thousands of chips. I dont think I need to post a name and date pic.
It's not about whether you can be trusted. It's about whether your account can be trusted. A scammer is aggressively targeting trusted PCF users such as yourself, hacking their accounts, and stealing people's money by leveraging the trust people place in those users.

Everyone can trust you. No one can trust that your account hasn't been hacked.

Posting a picture of the chips you're selling with a name-and-date note lets everyone confirm that it's you who made this post rather than someone impersonating you, stealing your good reputation and other people's money.

Didn't realize this had become a thing. What is the point of the 2 part verification then?
Sadly, it recently became a thing, and people have lost money.

The 2-part verification is to help prevent accounts from getting hacked. The name-and-date pictures are to keep people from getting scammed even if accounts get hacked anyway, since nothing's perfect.

Just looked through the first few for sale adds and none of them had the name/date pic. So I guess it's just for me? Anyway if I can't sell chips on here anymore I have an eBay account also.

For a brief time Tommy had a banner on the site stating that name/date pictures are now a requirement for sales listings. That banner is gone, and now the banner contains a recommendation for buyers rather than a requirement for sellers.

There was a lengthy thread discussing this, in the aftermath of a member getting scammed a few days ago. I can't find that thread now, though; it may have been deleted.

That first banner and the lengthy discussion thread has probably left a number of people with the impression that posting pictures is "what we're supposed to do now", while anyone who missed that banner and discussion is presumably unaware that anything had changed. Hence the inconsistent behavior and expectations.

For a brief time Tommy had a banner on the site stating that name/date pictures are now a requirement for sales listings. That banner is gone, and now the banner contains a recommendation for buyers rather than a requirement for sellers.

There was a lengthy thread discussing this, in the aftermath of a member getting scammed a few days ago. I can't find that thread now, though; it may have been deleted.

That first banner and the lengthy discussion thread has probably left a number of people with the impression that posting pictures is "what we're supposed to do now", while anyone who missed that banner and discussion is presumably unaware that anything had changed. Hence the inconsistent behavior and expectations.
Your right - it’s the recommendation, not a requirement.

Lots of thread crapping going on here. GLWS @colter ripton these chips are sweet
The red flag was using someone else’s photo. That’s what the previous hackers did and how they got caught. Anyways not sure that’s crapping, he get free bumps for 12 hours straight! Lol!

Relax.
Be diligent. We all should be sophisticated enough to not be duped. I understand whst happened - But right now its highly recommended but not a requirement nor imo should it be,
I dont expect vendors to abide by this either and I'm ok with it. Just be super careful.

Relax.
Be diligent. We all should be sophisticated enough to not be duped. I understand whst happened - But right now its highly recommended but not a requirement nor imo should it be,
I dont expect vendors to abide by this either and I'm ok with it. Just be super careful.
I think everyone is relaxed, but that's a red flag when not using a real photo. Understand that the handwritten note is not required, but actual photos of the chips should be. Again, this is how the previous 2 hackers were caught and now over $1,000 was stolen. Both times it was picked up because they used old photos on a reputable account, that matched this exactly. I didn't "think" it was fraud, but last time we didn't act quick enough and people got screwed. **I won't police it again, sorry to disrupt the thread**

Dibs.

And those of you going on about photos clearly didn’t pay attention to the second scam where the scammer simply photoshopped the necessary note to the photo.

Photos aren’t the solution to hacked accounts. 2FA is which is why it’s now mandatory.

So no pics of used chips so we can see condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom