Starting My First Customs... (1 Viewer)

On the multi-colored spot chip I might keep like colors away from one another, to make them pop better (unless you're going for the "transition" thing?)

I wants meself Finkback Card Club sample set no matter what. Love the rainbow hundo idea.

Best-looking black $20 so far, and by a lot. In fact, short of the latest quarter, I really like all of those chips.in post #27. Previous fracs were better, just need to come up with something that fits well with the latest lineup.

Surprised at no love for Honor Ridge Card Room.....

Best-looking black $20 so far, and by a lot. In fact, short of the latest quarter, I really like all of those chips.in post #27. Previous fracs were better, just need to come up with something that fits well with the latest lineup.
#27 wasn't mine and I don't really dig the set but the $20 is very nice. I'm sure the final product will be much different than what I've tried so far as I haven't even looked at anything other than 1/4" spots, just wanted to start playing with the Chip Factory ;)

BGinGA said:
Surprised at no love for Honor Ridge Card Room.....
Yeah, aside from those I've met at meat-ups no one in my offline life knows the name Ronoh. Honor Ridge does have a nice ring to it ;)

OK, just saw this thread. 1st off - looking totally sick all around. This is going to be nuts no matter where you go with it - and of course I'll HAVE to play with it!

2nd - I didn't want to spill the beans, but my hand is kind of forced here. This is the Via Lactea $500 that I have J5 working on artwork for (whenever he gets around to it) - make of that what you will:

Attachments

• 500_2.png
    500_2.png
    408.4 KB · Views: 179
Yeah, aside from those I've met at meat-ups no one in my offline life knows the name Ronoh. Honor Ridge does have a nice ring to it ;)

If you want to be really tricky, go with Egdir Ronah. :cool:

OK, just saw this thread. 1st off - looking totally sick all around. This is going to be nuts no matter where you go with it - and of course I'll HAVE to play with it!

2nd - I didn't want to spill the beans, but my hand is kind of forced here. This is the Via Lactea $500 that I have J5 working on artwork for (whenever he gets around to it) - make of that what you will:
Rainbow chipgate

Sons-a-bitches!! Awesome :) Is all good, different molds, different base colors and only 2/8 matching spots :)

Trying a few changes. Top row are all possibilities for my Buckeye quarter... I love the 1/2 and 1/4 pies but the 414A's work better with the set I think.

SB2.png

Of note, I have tried playing around with other spots but am still really digging the 1/4"ers

quarter pies would look much better in maize and blue.

k8735173.jpg

quarter pies would look much better in maize and blue.

What an awful thing to suggest! Such a suggestion/mockup makes Medusa look like the fairest of maidens by comparison.

Something like that is enough to simultaneously induce heart failure, projectile vomiting, and involuntary defecation. Just dreadful.

Being an Indiana native (and having lived in Michigan for many years), I am well-versed in the ways to get under the skin of neighboring Ohio residents. Normally I save it for the poker table. :rolleyes:

Post #23 was a home run IMO - loved it across the board. I would go with the man. red quarter with gray spots instead of the other way around though. Much as I hate the Suckeyes, they do have nice colors for a chip. :p

(Don't worry, I hate Michigan equally - along with every other gigantic state university that places WAAAAY too much emphasis on football. Wildcats 4life. @abby99 )

Cardinal red and white would be a nice addition to your set. Go Bucky!

How about "Fink's Peak" or "Fink's Stack?"

I especially like Fink's Stack, because Stack is a mountain term as well as a poker term... (The Blue Stacks, Stack Mountains, etc.)

Or maybe Finkstack Mountain.

Post #23 was a home run IMO - loved it across the board. I would go with the man. red quarter with gray spots instead of the other way around though.
Thanks. I really like the set as well but every third time I look at it I'm not sure if I love the yellow in the $1's. I don't dislike it but I kinda feel yellow on blue singles has been a bit overdone (maybe there is a good reason for that). That is what kicked off my revision (post #46) because I do like the DG green on that chip but can't find a replacement on the $5 that I like. Of the two sets I definitely prefer #23.

Mental Nomad said:
How about "Fink's Peak" or "Fink's Stack?"

I especially like Fink's Stack, because Stack is a mountain term as well as a poker term... (The Blue Stacks, Stack Mountains, etc.)

Or maybe Finkstack Mountain.
Thanks but I've decided to nix Fink from the set. Now I have to decide between Summit or Switchback and figure out a "surname"... cardroom, lounge, lodge, rendezvous, roaming cardroom, wandering lounge, Carabiners & Dreams... Hoping it's a simple(ish) thing for J5 to change so I can see the look of various text.

How about this? Just switched the dg arc yellow and the dg yellow on the two chips...

image.png

Think I may be done tinkering with TCF until I have my inlays to play with (yeah right). When I emailed J5 for the first time I had the bright idea of maybe getting a head start on an order for next year... now I'm thinking the order may be placed by the end of summer. Damn me and my bright ideas!!!

I completely switched up my theme to something more fun. J5 seems to like the direction ive decided to go, hasn't requested a deposit yet so they aren't yet under development but I'm hoping they'll get underway before too long.

My question is, does CPC have an additional fee (and if so how much are we talking) for different inlays on each side of the chip?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom