• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Starlite 1k (1 Viewer)

Figured that was part of the reason based on the sale title but bummed about those sands. Hopefully they weren’t the snappers! Probably could have gotten more than face if it was the $25s or $100s!

Here’s the reason why his prices are so high:

View attachment 581335

But if he believed that then why would he sell them at 35% discount to their value. Regardless, as with a lot of these eBay sales... I just watch them and after they don’t sell for a long time I make a realistic offer and sometimes get lucky when the person is tired of waiting to get it out of their house.

Full disclosure, I bought the $500 chip, for $107.50, well sorta. Yeah, I know, stupid price, I'm hurting the market, etc... I get it. I'll never get a chance to ever have any of these chips, and neither will most of you, most likely. So, I splurged and had my woman buy it for me for Christmas :) My max bid for both chips was $110. So, you know where the $500 went, and you know where it is. It could've went to some person who isn't on here and never will be and gone forever. Let the hate commence...

I wish I got poker chips for Christmas presents :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I get it though. I really wanted that starlite 1k for my 43mm collection but couldn’t justify it. Sweet pickup nevertheless. That thing beautiful!
Full disclosure, I bought the $500 chip, for $107.50, well sorta. Yeah, I know, stupid price, I'm hurting the market, etc... I get it. I'll never get a chance to ever have any of these chips, and neither will most of you, most likely. So, I splurged and had my woman buy it for me for Christmas :) My max bid for both chips was $110. So, you know where the $500 went, and you know where it is. It could've went to some person who isn't on here and never will be and gone forever. Let the hate commence...

I wish I got poker chips for Christmas presents :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I get it though. I really wanted that starlite 1k for my 43mm collection but couldn’t justify it. Sweet pickup nevertheless. That thing beautiful!
Believe me, some maneuvering is happening behind the scenes. She doesn't know she got it for me, exactly. She's getting a ridiculously expensive smart watch, which I think is dumb and unnecessary. So, I get my dumb poker chip, which is also cheaper than the watch, and absolutely necessary ;)

The $1K chip would've been cool but I'm not totally crazy, this is something I'd never do again.

I think many of us can relate to the situation. That was me with my Binion's Paulson WSOP T500... at a certain point, after missing out on several of them, I just said, "Screw it, I'll pay whatever it takes."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom