SOLD Starbursts!!! (Mint Green, Maroon, Green) - Now Splitting (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have a bunch of smaller lots of Paulson Starbursts for sale. With the exception of the Blurple Lot, all of them are in excellent shape, clean stamps (very few overstamps) with sharp edges and fairly consistent colors. I've done my best with defining the colors, but no guarantee they're 100% correct, please refer to the pics. Prices below do not include shipping, payment via paypal friends & family.

1. 30 Pink (possibly Hawaii Flower?) - excellent condition, no overstamps, a couple have lighter stamps - $40 - SOLD
  2. 87 Blurple - good condition, all but 19 are overstamps, most are somewhat faded (. Very thirsty, but I didn't want to oil them in case someone wanted to relabel (good relabel candidate) - $60 - SOLD
  3. 50 Indian Blue (maybe pale green) - excellent condition, no overstamps, a couple have lighter stamps - $90 - SOLD
  4. 23 Blue Grain / Day Blue (there are Paulson bunch of blues in this range) - excellent condition, no overstamps - $35 - SOLD
  5. 25 Munzel Green - excellent condition, 5 overstamps, - $20 $15 - SOLD
  6. 30 Maroon - excellent to near mint condition, no overstamps - $60 $55 (these are awesome, you rarely see this color)
  7. 30 Mint Green - excellent condition, no overstamps, a couple have lighter stamps - $60 $55 (very cool rare color)

Altogether, that's a total of $365 for 275 chips. Or...... save me the hassle of boxing up & sending out multiple packages and take the whole lot for $300 shipped (USPS medium flat rate, US only). That's a little over a buck a chip shipped for some pretty awesome colors. This is my preference, and I will hold off on selling individual lots for a few days to give someone the chance to take it all. This will not be a dibs sale, anyone who's either helped me with my skittles set in the past, or those looking to fill a starburst WTB ad will get first crack at the whole enchilada.

Now selling lots individually. Individual shipping will be via USPS small flat rate boxes at cost.

Colors are arranged as noted above from left to right:

20190428_152616.jpg

20190428_152717.jpg

20190428_153256.jpg

Last edited:
We should consolidate all these loose chips and make a bunch of color sample sets.

I’d take the day blues if split, thanks. Posted a wtb for these earlier in the day actually.

Interest so far is noted. I can take a few more pics today @Taghkanic, anything in particular you're looking for?

I’d want the Pinks for milling, so the stamp conditions are unimportant... Just looking to verify that they are SCVs and to verify the color.

oh damn... im late.. but in the off chance that the indian blue's are available again... I will gladly take them

I’d want the Pinks for milling, so the stamp conditions are unimportant... Just looking to verify that they are SCVs and to verify the color.

Here are some more pics of the pinks.

No flash:
20190505_202941.jpg

Flash:
20190505_202951.jpg

More lightbox shots:

20190505_203458.jpg
20190505_203619.jpg
20190505_203626.jpg
20190505_203844.jpg

I'm going to let this hang out until Wednesday, if I don't have a taker for the whole set (or most of it) by then I'll start breaking it up by lots.

Last bump for the full set, then I'll start contacting those folks who expressed interest in individual lots.

Do you have more pics of the blue grains? Perhaps next to Blue Grain and Day Blue color sample chips? Thanks!

Dibs on the blurple if no one has claimed them yet. PM coming.

Do you have more pics of the blue grains? Perhaps next to Blue Grain and Day Blue color sample chips? Thanks!

Sure, I can take some more pics later tonight, but I unfortunately don't have a color sample. And for what it's worth, I don't know how much a sample would help, there are a bunch of very similar paulson blues in this range, and from the discussions I've had with others with much more knowledge and hands on experiences than me, even the color samples for the blues vary from sample to sample.

Sure, I can take some more pics later tonight, but I unfortunately don't have a color sample. And for what it's worth, I don't know how much a sample would help, there are a bunch of very similar paulson blues in this range, and from the discussions I've had with others with much more knowledge and hands on experiences than me, even the color samples for the blues vary from sample to sample.
4F94B7DD-8055-4F81-B6F7-9A51DEB5D00C.jpeg

Based on that pic & sample, the ones I have look like day blue (to me). But here's a pic of another color sample (note these are not the starbursts, just an example of a color sample):

blue_starburst.jpg

The chip marked "Blue Grain" in your sample pic looks like the "horizon blue" in the pic above (to me at least). So all I'm saying is that you often get color variations for this blue range, even sample to sample, and 100% confirming colors is just about impossible, even in person with a color sample.

2A58CE89-253C-4E45-9269-2AFDA0E7464C.jpeg

I think there is quite a big difference between Day Blue and Blue Grain, but it is the cameras that make it almost impossible to capture the actual color. To my eye, this photo gets it almost right, but then that also depends on which screen you use to look at it.

With Starbursts, it ends up being quite important to ID the color, since obviously the Blue Grains could not mix in with Day Blues in a set. Do you have any other Paulson chips with a blue base or spot, that you could put next to the starbursts for comparison?

@superchromix here are some pics.

20190508_184749.jpg

20190508_190036.jpg

I don't have any Paulsons with either day blue or blue grain, but here are a few others for more comparison.

PNY:

20190508_185749.jpg

20190508_185705.jpg

and in comparison to a few other blue starbursts and paulson chips

20190508_185045.jpg

20190508_185352.jpg

My point on the colors isn't coming across. I'm not saying those two colors aren't easily distinguishable in your sample set, I'm saying that the day blue and blue grain colors in your sample set may not match someone else's sample set. Check out this thread/post for more info:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/advice-for-compiling-a-set-of-starburst.37864/#post-699681

So I can compare these chips with one sample set, and the color may match spot on - but it may not perfectly match any of your colors samples. Or visa versa.
There seems to be a good deal of color variation with these mid to light blues, as well as a handful of others (purples, reds, arc yellow).

I'll shoot a PM later and we can discuss further.

FWIW, I have three Paulson sample sets, and I definitely see variation in even the samples across the “same” color. (One of my sample sets appears to be a good deal older than the other two.) The variations are more pronounced in some shades than others.

Selling by the lot now, PMs coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom