Starburst Dealer Button (1 Viewer)

BSteck

Full House
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone ever designed a dealer button for a set of Starbursts?

I found this post of @Jeff 's amazing collection but I didn't see a starbusty one in there.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/dealer-button-pron.7822/

Would love to copy/plagiarize/homage someone's previous design for a custom button if there's one out there.

Thanks!

Edit...

For anyone not interested in seeing all the posts as I iterated through the design, here's the final version! Now available for purchase from @PokerChipsDesign or http://www.dealer-poker.com for approx $25 including shipping.

Mockup-Starburst-Round-v3[4817].jpg

Last edited:
And maybe put it on a gold background so it's kind of an 'inverse' hotstamp.

upload_2017-4-26_17-38-43.png

Here's the best I could do to mimic a metallic gold background with my rookie Inkscape skills...

Starburst Dealer Button - Gold.png

Get them done fast and maybe we can get them added to the group buy. I really like the starburst idea.

Do you think there's a way to do 'metallic' on a ceramic chip?

I was initially going to explore this vendor because it looks like they can do a metallic gold that might sorta resemble a hot stamp.
https://pokerchiplounge.com/custom-crystal-dealer-buttons.html

Or maybe just an etched acrylic:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/crystal-clear-dealer-buttons.3974/#post-17436

But I'm certainly open to consider a flat color version on ceramic. I see the Horseshoe button is using some funky gradients to mimic a metallic gold.

I wish it weren't the case, but my experience is that attempts to print "metallic" using dye-sub on ceramic ends up looking... not.

I agree... I think the best approach for a ceramic chip might be a simple Black and White like the very first mockup.

So Fun-Nite would just be text, right? Maybe this?

That's basically it. But the FUN NITE / NO VALUE text should complete the circle. The denom (or DEALER) should stay within.

For example:

upload_2017-4-26_21-6-40.png

upload_2017-4-26_21-7-38.png
upload_2017-4-26_21-7-56.png

No sure quite how to make it "feel" like the FUN NITE chip and still look good on the DB... may have to change it up.

Maybe FUN NITE above, and DEALER below, making the circle... and NO VALUE across the middle? Or nothing in the middle?

I used a gold gradient on the Point Defiance button to decent effect.

And as I look closer... that Empress button looks pretty good too. OK... trying using flat gold for the strokes.

Starburst Dealer Button - Ceramic.png

Here are a couple of options for a ceramic button. Is there interest enough that I should submit one for the dealer button group buy? Any other feedback on the designs if I do?

Last edited:
I think this is the one I'm going to pursue.. I like that the left design mimics the Starburst chips a little closer and that it's orientation-neutral (like the chips are). Most likely in acrylic from either Poker Chip Design (clear etched) or Poker Chip Lounge (with printed white background) - or heck, maybe both.
Starburst Dealer Button - Hotstamp.png

And then a stack of these on a 46mm ceramic from OWPS...
Bounty Chip - Black.png

If anyone wants to pile on the order, let me know. Dealer buttons look to be in the $20 range for the acrylics and the Bounty chips would be in the $1 range.

Last edited:
I think this is the one I'm going to pursue.. I like that the left design mimics the Starburst chips a little closer and that it's orientation-neutral (like the chips are). Most likely in acrylic from either Poker Chip Design (clear etched) or Poker Chip Lounge (with printed white background) - or heck, maybe both.
View attachment 95839

And then a stack of these on a 46mm ceramic from OWPS...
View attachment 95840

If anyone wants to pile on the order, let me know. Dealer buttons look to be in the $20 range for the acrylics and the Bounty chips would be in the $3-4 range.
in for 1 db and 20 bounty

And as I look closer... that Empress button looks pretty good too. OK... trying using flat gold for the strokes.

View attachment 95582

Here are a couple of options for a ceramic button. Is there interest enough that I should submit one for the dealer button group buy? Any other feedback on the designs if I do?
I LOVE the second one! (The one on the right) Print it!

Amazing fast turnaround from Alain-Pierre at pokerchipsdesign.com! Mock-ups are getting very close for the clear acrylic Starburst dealer button!

upload_2017-4-30_10-30-30.png

That's basically it. But the FUN NITE / NO VALUE text should complete the circle. The denom (or DEALER) should stay within.

For example:

View attachment 95544

View attachment 95545 View attachment 95546

No sure quite how to make it "feel" like the FUN NITE chip and still look good on the DB... may have to change it up.

Maybe FUN NITE above, and DEALER below, making the circle... and NO VALUE across the middle? Or nothing in the middle?
I'd go for a couple of fun nite buttons. Anybody working on that?

I'd go for a couple of fun nite buttons. Anybody working on that?

This is as far as I got with the Fun Nite dealer button designs - b/w for acrylic and color for ceramic. Still very rough but I'm certainly willing to do a few more iterations just to improve my Inkscape skills if there's interest and suggestions. Alain-Pierre at pokerchipsdesign was great to work with on the Starbursts acrylic button if you're interested in pursuing that route.

FUN NITE Dealer 2.png FUN NITE Dealer.png

This is as far as I got with the Fun Nite dealer button designs - b/w for acrylic and color for ceramic. Still very rough but I'm certainly willing to do a few more iterations just to improve my Inkscape skills if there's interest and suggestions. Alain-Pierre at pokerchipsdesign was great to work with on the Starbursts acrylic button if you're interested in pursuing that route.

View attachment 96105 View attachment 96106
I'd like to see it more like @Mental Nomad suggested above - more similar to the chips. Ultimately I'm sure I'll buy whatever gets produced, if it's ceramic. The acrylic ones are great, but that's too expensive for a dealer button, for me. I don't even use dealer buttons, not sure why I buy them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom