SOLD Spring Cleaning of odds and ends: Sets, Racks, Sample Sets, and Singles, oh my! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
For sale I have multiple lots for your viewing pleasure. I'll go from the highest amount of chips to the lowest to keep things simple. Prices do not include shipping, will ship to US addresses only. Payment is to be made via PayPal F+F, insurance is extra.

There is a catch, however. Buy two complete lots and I'll give you a 10% discount. Buy one big lot but also want a sample set or single? 10% off. Buy only part of lot 1 and lot 6? Full price. Let me know if you have any questions!

Bear with me as I get the photos uploaded, it will take me a few minutes, thanks!

Lot 1: 600 Scroll Ceramics. Yes, the break down sucks. This was a pre PCF purchase. SOLD

Breakdown is as follows:

75 fifty cent fracs
150 $1
150 $5
100 $25
50 $100
25 $500
25 $1000
25 $5000

Because of the horrific breakdown, I'm willing to split down to the chip at 20 cents per chip. Or take the whole lot for $120 including the bird cage. I'll sell the cage and racks separately (believe they're 71mm cheapo racks) for $20.

Lot 2: BCC Aquasino 550 chip South Beach Tournament set. There is some cross hatching on some chips but they all have very sharp edges, stand on edge, and stack like bricks. Asking $375 for the lot. No splits. SOLD

Breakdown is the following:

120 T25 Green
120 T100 Black
130 T500 Purple
160 T1000 Orange
20 T5000 Yellow BCC Grand Cardroom on the Flame Mold

Lot 3: H.C. Edwards orange H-mold 297 chips. These chips ooze history and character. Good opportunity for someone new to milling to practice on and/or to hot stamp if so desired. Asking $45 for the lot.
20200521_235951.jpg

20200521_235958.jpg
20200522_000104.jpg

20200522_000036.jpg

Lot 4: Jack $5,000 secondary in an air tite. Asking $25. SOLD

Lot 5: TRK Nevada Club $5. Very worn but still very heavy in an air tite. Asking $5. SOLD

Lot 6: Full Emerald Bay Matsui sample set. Asking $35. SOLD

Lot 7: Bud Jones Conando Beach CIC $100 sample plus one 43mm $500 chip. Asking $10. SOLD

Thanks for looking!

Joe

Last edited:
Lot 2 pending, lots 4, 6, and 7 have been sold. Lots 1, 3, 5 still available.

This chip is really interesting to me. I can’t figure out what the edge spot is supposed to be, and I never knew TRK made diamond mold chips.
To be honest I assume it's TRK as I got it in a lot with other TRK's. Can anyone weigh in here?

@liftapint @Lil Tuna @BGinGA ?
Diamond mold was never used by TRK, as far as I know.

The diamond mold was originally made for Jack Todd Co. (with chips produced by Burt Co.). It was purchased by Christy & Jones in 1952 after Todd's death, and then sold to Paul-Son in 1965 (along with the Top Hat & Cane mold) by Pat Sullivan after C&J closed doors. GPI likely owns the mold today -- acquired either during the Paulson reverse merger or the later BCC buy-out.

There have also been plastic injection-molded chips made using a similar style mold.

Lot 5 sold.

Lot 2 pending, lot 3 available.

Lot 2 sold. Only lot 3 remains. Come on folks, practice your milling! I'm going to the post office tomorrow and would prefer to sell this by tomorrow morning!

Diamond mold was never used by TRK, as far as I know.

The diamond mold was originally made for Jack Todd Co. (with chips produced by Burt Co.). It was purchased by Christy & Jones in 1952 after Todd's death, and then sold to Paul-Son in 1965 (along with the Top Hat & Cane mold) by Pat Sullivan after C&J closed doors. GPI likely owns the mold today -- acquired either during the Paulson reverse merger or the later BCC buy-out.

There have also been plastic injection-molded chips made using a similar style mold.
And ChipGuide lists the pictured Nevada Club chip as 1940 vintage, which make it Jack Todd produced (MD-49 on Eisenstadt's pages).
http://chipguide.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=NVRENC&v=3984056298
http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/molddesign_geometric.htm

This chip is really interesting to me. I can’t figure out what the edge spot is supposed to be, and I never knew TRK made diamond mold chips.
I’d have to inspect it to be sure, but I wonder if this is an instance of painted spots. Spragg has mentioned in the past that some spots were indeed painted on various chips, and while I disagree with one or two of the specific examples he cited, he’s not wrong - I’ve seen some chips where it was absolutely true. By the picture above it’s hard to tell if this is another such example, but it could be.

Going to the post office in a half hour, last call for lot 3 to sell before I go. Going to hop in the shower and then go. Make me an offer.

OP updated. Make me an offer for lot 3.

H-molds still available. Willing to consider all reasonable offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom