Tourney Split Bounty? (2 Viewers)

Leonard

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Recent question from my annual NYD bounty tournament.
Three way all-in on the flop. Two largest stacks flopped broadway. Small stack flopped a set. Broadway holds up and the small stack is eliminated.

I split the bounty between the two winning players. I could see giving it to the player with the largest stack but that doesn't really seem right.

Thoughts?

L

Recent question from my annual NYD bounty tournament.
Three way all-in on the flop. Two largest stacks flopped broadway. Small stack flopped a set. Broadway holds up and the small stack is eliminated.

I split the bounty between the two winning players. I could see giving it to the player with the largest stack but that doesn't really seem right.

Thoughts?

L
We just split it. Five dollar bounty's, big stack gets 3, short gets 2....

I like the split, however, I would also be fine with the rule "The odd chip goes to the winning player closest to the dealer's left".

Split is probably fairest. Since I don't want to deal with splits, my rule is that whoever called the all-in first, or bet the amount first that the loser called all-in, gets the bounty chip. So far it has not occurred so nobody has had a chance to complain ;)

We split jointly-earned bounties in our games.

In the PCF online tournaments, a split bounty is awarded afterwards to the lowest-finishing player of the hand winners (spread-the-wealth concept). We enacted that rule after we had a three-way winning tie in a four-player hand -- not gonna split a $5 bounty three ways. However, the software just splits 'em up equally.

We do 2 bounty tournaments a year, with different rules. One is we split the bouty evenly, or as close as we can to the nearest dollar. Bounties are recorded on paper and paid when a player leaves and no bounty chips are needed. The other rules are the one who first called or whose first bet put the player all in wins the bounty. For that game, the seating chip is the bounty chip as well.

I'm with BG on his comment immediately above! One reason (but not the only reason) I don't like the big stack wins rule is the possibility that players will make decisions that I don't think are good for the game. For example, suppose Charlie is all in. Andy, with the larger chip stack, calls. Bill decides not to call because he doesn't want to risk that much with no chance to win the bounty, and he suspects he and Andy would chop. Then it turns out Andy loses, but Bill would have won. Because of the bounty payout, Bill let Charlie stay in. There are several ways that could happen with just 2 players. There is also the possiblity of 3 and 4 way chops.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom