Sold chips for Crypto! First time, pretty wild. (1 Viewer)

Have you made chip transactions for Crypto Currency!??

• 1. Nope Never and Don't Plan Too!

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • 2. I have thought about it, but don't know how to get started.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • 3. Hell yeah Crypto is the Future and I'm the CryptoKing! Where have you been, lol

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • 4. Cash is King!

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • 5. PayPal, Venmo for me

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mcafee was pumping alt coins for a bit in 2017 similar fashion
ABBC7756-FD17-4A24-943E-FB3AE2C452EA.jpeg

Move over JFK ha.

I made my comment as a joke but anyone who uses snopes as a “reliable” source has to be joking just as much as me.
I assumed/hoped ;) it was a joke, but the link was to make sure no-one takes it seriously as it doesn't come off clearly as a joke.
What's wrong with snopes? At least they do some research but there's also this: https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-372219402249 although it's popular to distrust MSM these days.

I assumed/hoped ;) it was a joke, but the link was to make sure no-one takes it seriously as it doesn't come off clearly as a joke.
What's wrong with snopes? At least they do some research but there's also this: https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-372219402249 although it's popular to distrust MSM these days.
100%, but everyone has a fact for everything is my point. Who knows? My response is “89% of Snopes articles from January 27, 2021 to June 26, 2021 used at least one media source as verification for its claims, rather than using original sources. The percentage "captures how many claims by [the] fact checker relied at least in part on media reporting as “truth” for its verification task”

that’s the problem. Who knows

It is actually verified and audited by governing bodies within the US so that every 1 USDC issued on the blockchain is back by 1 USD in the bank.
https://www.circle.com/en/usdc

View attachment 719039
This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time. First the USD was backed by gold and silver, then the backing was removed so that they could print as much as they wanted. The dollar became worthless and only given value by belief and hope. Now a crypto is claiming legitimacy by being "backed" by this worthless paper. The entire reason people are wanting to move into a crypto is because its not tied to worthless gov't fiat.

This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time. First the USD was backed by gold and silver, then the backing was removed so that they could print as much as they wanted. The dollar became worthless and only given value by belief and hope. Now a crypto is claiming legitimacy by being "backed" by this worthless paper. The entire reason people are wanting to move into a crypto is because its not tied to worthless gov't fiat.
USDT has been around for years
The USDT will fail FUD is always spinning BS somewhere

It makes selling to USD to trade later to crypto easier and can be secured on the blockchain not in an exchange.

I don’t see it going anywhere

Isn't crypto only given value by belief and hope? :unsure:

USDT has been around for years
The USDT will fail FUD is always spinning BS somewhere

It makes selling to USD to trade later to crypto easier and can be secured on the blockchain not in an exchange.

I don’t see it going anywhere
Remember, Bitcoin failed in 2017. :cool

At least according to the thread here on PCF...

Last edited:
Isn't crypto only given value by belief and hope? :unsure:
No, its given value by how much people want it to have value. Its a finite quantity, the the more of it people buy, the less there is, the more the value increases. Yes, crypto can have some large swings in valuation, but its based on the market. Thats still preferable over a govt which creates as much as it wants for free, continually eroding its worth.

Now you will need to file two extra lines on your taxes, one for the chips and the other for the crypto. Oh, and should you not file your taxes properly, the fact you did the deal with crypto is "proof" of criminal intent to defraud the United States government.

We have enough troubles when paying using F&F on paypal when someone defaults. e.g. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/caution-adviced-when-dealing-with-this-member.66843/ Now with crypto it is even harder to make a claim to get your funds back.

There would be a hefty fee for having to deal with crypto, if I were a seller. I guess a couple of grand plus a percentage of the price to make it worth the trouble and the risk.

Well, actually, there wouldn't be any extra risk because I wouldn't be shipping chips to the buyer until I had converted the crypto into cash and the transaction had aged for a couple of weeks. Maybe most buyers wouldn't want to wait a month to get their chips, but that wait would be just part of the transaction.

Can't see any benefit to this sort of rube goldberg form of payment. Sure you could do things this way, but why?

Or, we could just use paypal / venmo / etc. -=- DrStrange
To each their own, but the entire infrastructure is far more developed than you understand.

The game of poker owes a debt of gratitude to Bitcoin, it kept the online game alive, when countries and states outlawed our game of skill, bitcoin did more for freedom than anything else when one by one… banks, credit cards and every other establishment we trusted caved.

I don’t mind if you like crypto or not, but suggesting waiting a few weeks for transactions to “age” is a very comical statement that only lets us know that you didnt research how cryptocurrency works and don’t have experience with it, it doesn’t say anything about the mechanics or use case whatsoever.

Again, I don’t care if you choose to participate in crypto, but you should probably understand it better if you are going to make a long-winded, incorrect pseudo-legalese lamentations on why it’s not good for second hand chip sales.

literally, the only valid argument against bitcoin, is that there are people with arguments like yours in positions of power, who will lose that power, so they shoot it down to keep systems in place.

I am not even going to get into how perfectly designed bitcoin is for peer to peer transfers, it’s literally the title of the “white paper”

I know this is just a poker chip forum, and I know you are probably a great guy, so I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

if you want a great understanding of why Bitcoin is good for freedom and humanity as a whole, this is a fantastic book about the history of money.

The Bitcoin Standard
https://g.co/kgs/ruCu8V
check it out!

p.s. any long time chip collector understands “appreciation”. Bitcoin appreciates, like savings accounts used to do. banks fail you, we bank ourselves now.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom