So whats up with Dal Negro & Modiano Cards ? (3 Viewers)

BigSlick4523

Full House
Reaction score
Wondering how nice these cards are ?

I usually use Copag I use to use Kem way back in the day too pricey for me these days

I like Desjgn Cards alot (dont make the mistake I did and wash them that rough feeling on the top of the cards comes off and now mine suck lol)

I have some Marion pro poker cards which are very very nice just alil on the thinner side but very nice cards dont get mentioned much

I love Poker Size Jumbo Index

we play with a 8ft table and usually sit 7-9 people so trying to see normal index all the way across the table is tough for us high 30yr olds LOL

so just wondering people's takes on these cards and how they play

I really like how Dal Negro and PVC Modianos handle and shuffle—have never tried the acetate Modiano Platinums.

I also like Fourniers, with the EPTs being my favorite of those.

I've got a couple sets of Dal Negro. I tried to use this brand new full bleed set tonight but unfortunately my Shuffletech didn't like them so I wasn't able to use them : ( Only took me 6 months to find too.
20230803_183348.jpg

If Modiano, always Platinium...
DalNegro are in my opinion more durable than regular Modiano, less fuzzy in time, bit more stiffer also have beautiful regular red ink (I dont like security ink)

If Modiano, always Platinium...
DalNegro are in my opinion more durable than regular Modiano, less fuzzy in time, bit more stiffer also have beautiful regular red ink (I dont like security ink)
are regular Modiano's that bad ?

No, they pretty good but have flaws. Still better than Copag IMHO...
If you look deck per $ spent.

The hate towards Modiano is a result of infamous Design/Modiano incident plus they shown lack of quality control in recent years. Abbiati use to offer them but few year back switched to Cartamundi.

Just buy few different decks of Modiano, DalNegro or any others and find your favorite...

From my perspective it is worth to spend few bucks more and upgrade to Platinium....

No, they pretty good but have flaws. Still better than Copag IMHO...
If you look deck per $ spent.

The hate towards Modiano is a result of infamous Design/Modiano incident plus they shown lack of quality control in recent years. Abbiati use to offer them but few year back switched to Cartamundi.

Just buy few different decks of Modiano, DalNegro or any others and find your favorite...

From my perspective it is worth to spend few bucks more and upgrade to Platinium....
I guess platinums are not easy to come by these days im told

Nah, modianos were probably a top 3 card here on PCF, before they screwed over desjgn. And they still have a big, albeit quieter following. I think they’re great. They can be a touch slippery, but otherwise it’s tough to find a flaw.

Modiano platinums are my favorite. Everyone in my game prefers them, but they’re discontinued. I’ve heard some people say that Davincis are rebranded Modiano Platinums.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom