So glad i found you guys. The journey of an european to PCF. (1 Viewer)

If you’re still planning on keeping 10c as your base chip could try the following denominations.

10c
50c
$2.50
$10
$50

Ideally you want the next chip up to be 4 or 5 times the value.
Yeah, valid point. Although i'd hate to lose a $1... would not feel right. ;)
I could part from the 10 and just go straight from 5 to 20... though. But i'd want a black chip, so maybe the current $1 would have to go... like the design though. Oh decisions... ;)

Welcome to PCF!

Already posted my first "dibs if split" on a rack of Ambassador $100's in the classifieds. ;)

Terrific first step into Paulsons. That set is among my favorites!

Well and here I am, willing to spend 2k for a great cashgame set for my microstakes homegame 10ct/10ct. Excited to embark on this journey. :D

If you're going CPC, you can certainly make a microstakes set... But if you go with Paulsons, 10¢ chips are neither abundant nor cheap. But consider just playing 10x stakes (buyin for $20, get $200 in chips) and using a $1/$1 set. You'll have a much easier time finding those chips.

Good luck!

If you’re still planning on keeping 10c as your base chip could try the following denominations.

10c
50c
$2.50
$10
$50

Ideally you want the next chip up to be 4 or 5 times the value.
I designed a little what that might look like. Again the inlays are terrible and just placeholders, but at least now i did them myself.
527c5650-4b91-4abb-8f1c-35ed3a45f4e2.png

It might grow on me. Still not convinced on the denoms. ;)

Welcome to PCF!

Terrific first step into Paulsons. That set is among my favorites!

If you're going CPC, you can certainly make a microstakes set... But if you go with Paulsons, 10¢ chips are neither abundant nor cheap. But consider just playing 10x stakes (buyin for $20, get $200 in chips) and using a $1/$1 set. You'll have a much easier time finding those chips.

Good luck!
Yes, was thinking about that when putting together a paulson set. My latest plan is, i could go for 2 non denoms fracs and go from there the normal $1 $5 $25 route.

Yes, the 25 would be there to futureproof the set. Although we play microstakes, it is uncapped, so there is the occasional €50 stack at the table and a barrel of 5 seems a little low for that. Although i have to admit, we never gave out more that 10 $5...

Yes, the 25 would be there to futureproof the set. Although we play microstakes, it is uncapped, so there is the occasional €50 stack at the table and a barrel of 5 seems a little low for that. Although i have to admit, we never gave out more that 10 $5...

If you want to future proof your set...you will need $1 (workhorse in quarters games)
Would a .25/.25 game work for your crew ?

If not, go for 5c 25c $1 $5 $20

If you want to future proof your set...you will need $1 (workhorse in quarters games)
Would a .25/.25 game work for your crew ?

If not, go for 5c 25c $1 $5 $20
I really want to try to establish a .25/.25 game, but i am doubtful with my current crew. Most buy in for 10, rebuy once or twice for 5 and call it a night after that. ;)
What do you think about having 2 non denom fracs, that could be used as .05 / .25 or .25/.50 as needed?
Or just one no denom frac. with a pretty big gap to the $1 when played as .05

You could either go for non-denom chips which would let you grow the game as you need. But I've found that depending on your players you will spend the whole evening answering their question 'How much is this chip worth again?'

If you are playing 10c/10c blinds with an aim to increase over time I would go with @Thomacetti 's advice and run 5c/25c/1/5 (maybe a 20 or 25 for future proof).
You can then just use 2x5c chips for the blinds as they are today and then step to 10/25 or 25/25 as you need over time. This also allows you to keep the $1 chips in your set.

I've just completed exactly this with my first Paulson set. I went for a barrel of $20's too for future games when we all feel rich. But it is unlikely these (or even most of my 5's) will see the felt for a while yet.

Would you care to show your Paulsons set? Always love to see what other chippers choose. :)
I just ordered a clusterfk of a breakdown in china clays 2 weeks ago before actually educating myself. I'll try out what a lot of small denom gaps do to my group of meek, scared money players.

The largest stack I've ever had is about 1500 BBs (~$750 stack in 25¢/50¢). We only ever get a handful of $20/$25 chips in to play and $100 chips are mostly for show.

Two ND fracs will be fine if you're playing microstakes. I like the advice of 5¢ --> 25¢ --> $1 --> $5. If you step up your game to 25¢/50¢, rather than use a 25¢ frac and a 50¢ frac, I'd just play with a 25¢ frac and use the other ND as a $20 or $25 chip.

Welcome to PCF!
Thank you, kind sir. =)

The largest stack I've ever had is about 1500 BBs (~$750 stack in 25¢/50¢). We only ever get a handful of $20/$25 chips in to play and $100 chips are mostly for show.

Two ND fracs will be fine if you're playing microstakes. I like the advice of 5¢ --> 25¢ --> $1 --> $5. If you step up your game to 25¢/50¢, rather than use a 25¢ frac and a 50¢ frac, I'd just play with a 25¢ frac and use the other ND as a $20 or $25 chip.
As soon as my game actually reaches .25/.25 the ND frac would go on the classifieds and i will look for a proper .25 hotstamp. ;)

I gathered it is pretty hard to put a mixed set together here in europe since you have to pay for shipping for every small find you might manage.
This plus you just don't find any chips other than dice in garage sales over here.
How do you do it?

By saying "Auf Wiedersehen" to your money, while simultaneously saying "Herzlich willkommen" to high shipping costs and import fees! :bag:

Hasn't stopped me though! Welcome to the club! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Would you care to show your Paulsons set? Always love to see what other chippers choose. :)
I'd love to, but not even laid eyes on them myself yet :( They are currently being packaged up in NYC and should be heading to me later this week. Once they land with me PCF will be bored of me posting pictures everywhere :LOL: :laugh:

Right now my 500 chip case looks like this. I only have one barrel of murdered Native Lights in there, which will become my $20's when the labels arrive from the US.
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-05 at 17.59.08 (1).jpeg

I'd love to, but not even laid eyes on them myself yet :( They are currently being packaged up in NYC and should be heading to me later this week. Once they land with me PCF will be bored of me posting pictures everywhere :LOL: :laugh:

Right now my 500 chip case looks like this. I only have one barrel of murdered Native Lights in there, which will become my $20's when the labels arrive from the US.
View attachment 551607
Cool, what lables did u go for?

I love ceramics.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Really nice collection, dude! Maybe I should not sniff at ceramics as much as i did in the past. ;) It's just that when you play with a set for 16 years... you kinda wonder what else is out there. Anybody else married, btw? ;)

I designed my own labels for my 5c, 25c and $20 (all different themes as it's a mixed cash set). Then a Gear (a trader on here) printed them all up for me :cool
Can't wait for them to arrive and you posting pictures of the completed set. Don't you dare not showing me. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom