Tourney Small house games (2 Viewers)

Catbeard

Pair
Reaction score
When doing small house games how many you guys like to have and how do you do your blinds to keep the guys getting knocked out interested in a second or third match

I generally host cash but I typically like to have five players to start either cash or tournament.

For tournaments, I would generally allow re-entry for at least 60 minutes, so it's one event, but everyone can have an hour of play, even if they have to put three buys in the prize pool. But if the tournament is for fewer than 10 players the odds of starting a viable cash game aren't good.

Also playing cash first and ending with the tournament may make sense too.

We weekly rotate cash (friendly .25/.25 with 1-4 rebuys common) and tourney (the tourney is organized as a season to keep people excited). We keep the tourneys to about 3.5hrs with a secondary cash table available although most times players just grab a beer and wait to play cash after the tourney ends.

When doing small house games how many you guys like to have and how do you do your blinds to keep the guys getting knocked out interested in a second or third match

During the boom I used to run 10 player STT turbos with 3k stacks. We would do 2 or 3 in one night. Blind levels were 12 minutes and the blinds were
BB
SB=BB/2
Usually ended around BB=1200, so ~2 hours.

We paid 3. If I would ever do this again, I would have a forced ICM split between the last two in all but the last tournament, since it was always greatly appreciated by all losers when the final two split.

Nowadays I just run cash games if we're that few. When we're many, I run freezouts with cash tables waiting for the losers.

We do 12 minute sessions:

1-2
2-4
3-6
5-10 (color up)
10-20
20-40
30-60
etc.

That goes relatively fast. One additional option is to freeze the places once you are in the money and use chip stack to determine the order. This can save a lot of time eliminating playing heads up and 3-handed so everyone can start another tournament.

We do 12 minute sessions:

1-2
2-4
3-6
5-10 (color up)
10-20
20-40
30-60
etc.

That goes relatively fast. One additional option is to freeze the places once you are in the money and use chip stack to determine the order. This can save a lot of time eliminating playing heads up and 3-handed so everyone can start another tournament.
That's pretty awful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom