Shuffle Tech ST-1000 Worth it? (1 Viewer)

BillyBear69

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi I am a new member and this is my first post. Apologies if this has been asked already. Is it worth it to purchase the shuffle tech? They have them on eBay for $650 without the table mount and $750 with. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shuffle-Te...026980?hash=item5db9e93524:g:dwkAAOSwZbJe19LO
We always have a dedicated dealer and use 2 decks and seats 1 and 9 help shuffle. So I'm just wondering what are the benefits? Would it speed the game up a lot? And would the machine work with faded spade poker size cards. Thanks any input is appreciated!

Yeah, a ShuffleTech is better than passing the deck, but worse than a dedicated dealer. At my game I'm the designated dedicated dealer but I wouldn't do it without a ShuffleTech. Mine is one of the first off production line and jams every 3-4 session but I'm an expert at fixing it so not a big issue for me. Others complain about the lack or slowness of customer service though so be prepared to fix it yourself.

Thanks everyone that thread was helpful. It seems annoying and expensive to have to fix it every so often. I guess since I have a dedicated dealer anyway it wouldn't speed the game up that much.

Well I wanted one so we wouldn't have to shuffle constantly. Also that video of one in action did look pretty cool. $750 seems too expensive. I guess I'll keep an eye out for a used one for sale on here. Thanks davethesave I'd be interested depending on the price and I'll ask Dix about his experience with it

Do your research. Older models cannot be serviced or repaired. Can’t remember the exact serial number which is the determining number, but it’s in a thread here somewhere.

Some cards work better than others. Poker size plastic cards reportedly work better than paper or Bridge size.

With your current setup I don't think it will speed up the game at all. With 2 people helping with shuffling it sounds like a there will always be a deck ready to go.

I've gone thru a few of these. Warranty replacements and my latest was one I got at a bit of discount because the previous one I had was too old to service.

If you buy a used one make sure it has a serial number higher than B12500 (I think) to give yourself the option of getting repaired. If you do get an older one make sure you negotiate on the price.

I like it because it's additional poker gear. It doesn't really cost much when compared to current chip prices. It come in handy if you have just a dedicated dealer and no extra helping hands.

It's a little loud. But if you have it mounted in the table that dampens some of the sound. And if you have a lively crew it just becomes light background noise.

In terms of cards, poker sized is recommended by the manufacturer. Bridge will jam up more frequently.

I've used copag, modiano, kem, dal negro, fourniers, etc. I believe the thicker and stiffer cards tended to jam a little more frequently. They all worked fine though.

Oh wow thanks TheDuke that is really good advice. Yeah it doesn't seem worth it for $750 just so we don't have to shuffle and because it looks cool. I will keep an eye out on here for cheaper ones though. Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the advice

Hey guys. Hope someone can help me. I just got this used shuffletech last week. It works fine when I tried it initially. Then after 1hr at our home game last Saturday it stop working after it jam up. I open a brand new copaq poker size set up for this shuffletech. It jams a few times but was working after that until Saturday. At that time, it jam and was not shuffling at all. I did what the online manual states, that is to remove the cards and unplug and plug in the power cord. Afterward, this happens. It will not move, it will not shuffle. I tried the "purge mode" and unplug/plug without success. I tried contacting shuffletech via Facebook, email, voicemail, and even email Chip at shuffletech but no response. This model is less than 12000 so unlikely able to be repair.

I'm hoping someone got some good ideas on how to fix it or have experience with something similar. Hoping to get it working again and if not hopefully seller can work something out with me. I attach YouTube video of what's going on. Thanks guys

I think blinking red means the machine sensors think it's jammed.

Have you tried pushing the elevator (without cards) all the way to the bottom and then pushing both buttons 3 and 7 buttons for a few seconds?

In terms of getting a response from a Shuffletech rep, it can take several days to get a response. It sometimes feels like this company is operated out of someone's garage and staffed by the neighborhood kids who split time between this and their lemonade stand.

Last edited:
I think blinking red means the machine sensors think it's jammed.

Have you tried pushing the elevator (without cards) all the way to the bottom and then pushing both buttons 3 and 7 buttons for a few seconds?

In terms of getting a response from a Shuffletech rep, it can take several days to get a response. It sometimes feels like this company is operated out of someone's garage and staffed by the neighborhood kids who split time between this and their lemonade stand.
Thanks for responding.

Chip got back to be and told me:
Lets tray a center tray reset

- Make sure the FMK switch on the bottom is fully in the FMK position
(switch it back and forth just to make sure)
- Push the center tray down to the very bottom (moderate pressure only, no need for extreme force)
- You should hear a few clicks until the tray stops at the bottom
- At the same time, press the (3) and (7) buttons for 2 seconds

I did all of that and still not working. He said the model is way too old for repair. Can only give me 50 bucks discount on new model. Any other ideas?

Can anyone else comment on these? Perhaps more along the lines of @TheDuke experience. The place we are at now:

Interested in an ST1000, would probably buy new, from @T_Chan (Jeez two tags in one day lol) would likely build some type of side cart, to hold supplies underneath as well. Our group self deals, with 2 decks, second deck being shuffled behind. We are a fun group, usually have music playing, and can sometimes space out on the shuffling. We play a couple times a month, for like 6 hours a session.

How bad are the repairs? Particularly on new units. Is it something happening every game? Could a person correct it mid-stream and just deal in the meantime? Or are these getting sent away continually to some repair depot for weeks / months at a time?

Is the sound really bad? Or is a side cart, that is likely below table height, going to remove any real concern?

Time saved, or lost? Seems like there is a 40 second option, and a 1:20 option. On a fold around situation in a 6-8 player game, are we still waiting for cards?

In a nutshell, is it worth it, does it add to the experience? We were blown away at our last home game, where unbeknownst to us for Christmas our friends / regulars showed up to the game, with a huge spread of food, and paid for our initial buyins, as a thanks for always hosting. It was pretty special to us, and we love hosting; so does this add to that? Hot dog roller is still on the to do list, lol.

Thanks.

Can anyone else comment on these? Perhaps more along the lines of @TheDuke experience. The place we are at now:

Interested in an ST1000, would probably buy new, from @T_Chan (Jeez two tags in one day lol) would likely build some type of side cart, to hold supplies underneath as well. Our group self deals, with 2 decks, second deck being shuffled behind. We are a fun group, usually have music playing, and can sometimes space out on the shuffling. We play a couple times a month, for like 6 hours a session.

How bad are the repairs? Particularly on new units. Is it something happening every game? Could a person correct it mid-stream and just deal in the meantime? Or are these getting sent away continually to some repair depot for weeks / months at a time?

Is the sound really bad? Or is a side cart, that is likely below table height, going to remove any real concern?

Time saved, or lost? Seems like there is a 40 second option, and a 1:20 option. On a fold around situation in a 6-8 player game, are we still waiting for cards?

In a nutshell, is it worth it, does it add to the experience? We were blown away at our last home game, where unbeknownst to us for Christmas our friends / regulars showed up to the game, with a huge spread of food, and paid for our initial buyins, as a thanks for always hosting. It was pretty special to us, and we love hosting; so does this add to that? Hot dog roller is still on the to do list, lol.

Thanks.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/shuffletech-st-100-review.81264/

Shameless plug to my review which answers some of your questions.

In a nutshell, yes it's worth it. No, my opinion from my review has not changed after using it for a few months now.

Ryan

I

Thanks.
I've also written up a few responses to people as a lot of non owners make the product seem worse than it is. I've had my shuffler for over two years now. In terms of day to day use its excellent. A mid session jam doesn't mean you can't use it. You just pull the jammed card, do the reset sequence which takes 3 seconds, and you're on your way. My shuffler did need a service once. It cost $120 since it was past one year and Shuffletech was very responsive and got my unit back to me fast. It's been working great since and my players love the shuffler so they all threw me a $20 to help with repairs since I run a rake free game with nice equipment.

I have mine in a side cart with the flush mount kit. I don't think the shuffler is good enough to rip a hole in an expensive table, maybe a cheaper table sure. Side cart is the way to go. Overall in 2.5 years I've had one service that required the shuffler be sent out. Aside from that it worked in all home games for the whole session with the occasional jam/snag which is corrected within 30 seconds.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/shuffletech-st-100-review.81264/

Shameless plug to my review which answers some of your questions.

In a nutshell, yes it's worth it. No, my opinion from my review has not changed after using it for a few months now.

Ryan

I

I've also written up a few responses to people as a lot of non owners make the product seem worse than it is. I've had my shuffler for over two years now. In terms of day to day use its excellent. A mid session jam doesn't mean you can't use it. You just pull the jammed card, do the reset sequence which takes 3 seconds, and you're on your way. My shuffler did need a service once. It cost $120 since it was past one year and Shuffletech was very responsive and got my unit back to me fast. It's been working great since and my players love the shuffler so they all threw me a $20 to help with repairs since I run a rake free game with nice equipment.

I have mine in a side cart with the flush mount kit. I don't think the shuffler is good enough to rip a hole in an expensive table, maybe a cheaper table sure. Side cart is the way to go. Overall in 2.5 years I've had one service that required the shuffler be sent out. Aside from that it worked in all home games for the whole session with the occasional jam/snag which is corrected within 30 seconds.
It isn't about non-owners complaining. It isn't a quality issue with Shuffle Tech, it is a quality control issue. When I first got mine it was DOA. I sent it back for the warranty work, and they exchanged it for a new one. That new one has been going strong for 2 years now.

Yes get it and go w a side cart
Don't buy their side cart. It is ridiculous expensive for what it is. I literally put casters on the bottom of a prefab kitchen cabinet and it is perfect.

I spent in total around $100. Last time I checked their cart was over $400.

It isn't about non-owners complaining. It isn't a quality issue with Shuffle Tech, it is a quality control issue. When I first got mine it was DOA. I sent it back for the warranty work, and they exchanged it for a new one. That new one has been going strong for 2 years now.

Don't buy their side cart. It is ridiculous expensive for what it is. I literally put casters on the bottom of a prefab kitchen cabinet and it is perfect.

I spent in total around $100. Last time I checked their cart was over $400.
I said what I said about non-owners because it skews a lot of opinions about the product and things have changed a lot with their customer service. If I’m a new person joining the forum and just see a bunch of don’t buy this product because they leave you high and dry, it would make me stay away. I bought the shuffle tech back during a time where no one really had anything good to say. So I try and give an honest review.

So far, I really enjoy the shuffler. Plus the customer service is top notch. When I received it, it was not shuffling and I sent an email. This was on a Saturday. They texted me and walked me thought the reset process and it was good to go. That is some serious customer service.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom