Show me your best CPC mockup for my set (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
Ok, heres the story, I am in the midst of creating my CPC set. I am working on mockups for edge spots and colors.

My denoms will be .25c $1 $5 and $20.

the only chip I have decided on is my $20 which is right here:
20_zpseb0a6a50.png

I am looking to design my $5 next, I love the retro red as my base.

I would like the $5 to be a level 3 chip, based on spot progression, pricing, etc.

I am leaning towards a blue $1 which would be a level 2 chip. and either a pink or orange .25c as a level 1 or 2

Show me some suggestions!

Part of the fun of a custom set is designing things yourself, don't deprive yourself of that experience!

I'm not sure what levels these are.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 317
Part of the fun of a custom set is designing things yourself, don't deprive yourself of that experience!

I have been playing with some. I just know I LOVE the retro red, I just cant find the exact combo I want to use.

Well, lot of broken shit still over at blue wall so can't "view all with info" in factory, but maybe something like this:

mak1.jpg

Sample 1.jpg

This is what I got so far. Been playing with it all day. I need to sleep on it and come back in the morning. I know that its going to take many variations of each chip. I can for sure say I love the $20 so far.

Suggestion Customs.jpg

Based on the levels you wanted and what you said you thought you liked, I came up with these. Hopefully it can be of some help to you.

Last edited:
Updated: I went from only thinking I had settled on the $20 to not having any idea what to do for the $20, I think I used too many of the Dayglo colors that really pop on the $20 that made it very difficult to create the rest of the chips.

Capture1.jpg

Now I think I have the .25 $1 and $5. and I need a $20

It's hard to mock up a design without a theme or direction. Modern? Vintage? Mardi gras?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Updated: I went from only thinking I had settled on the $20 to not having any idea what to do for the $20, I think I used too many of the Dayglo colors that really pop on the $20 that made it very difficult to create the rest of the chips.

View attachment 5369

Now I think I have the .25 $1 and $5. and I need a $20

Ha I agree with you I'd been trying all day to come up with some color schemes but only settled on a spot progression pattern, which I'm quite fond of I must say. Maybe this could be a start of new spot color explorations.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421134690.327558.jpg

You are spinning your wheels and going nowhere by mocking up chips without an inlay. Including an inlay changes EVERYTHING.

Throw a generic inlay on there if your artwork isn't ready yet. A chip mockup with no inlay is only good for seeing how chips will look with hot-stamps.... as too much of the chip base is exposed/shown to be of any real value when evaluating different color and spot combinations.

Naked combos that you have already tried and discarded may actually be perfect when viewed with an inlay. Just do it.....

Thank you, Moscow and courage....

You are spinning your wheels and going nowhere by mocking up chips without an inlay. Including an inlay changes EVERYTHING.

Throw a generic inlay on there if your artwork isn't ready yet. A chip mockup with no inlay is only good for seeing how chips will look with hot-stamps.... as too much of the chip base is exposed/shown to be of any real value when evaluating different color and spot combinations.

Naked combos that you have already tried and discarded may actually be perfect when viewed with an inlay. Just do it.....

Thank you, Moscow and courage....

I count five "inlay"s.

lol, do i really owe you a quarter? Wasn't a label-vs-inlay rant......

Some, including OP, may be confused about what's a Level 1 or 2 edge spot, or maybe requirements have changed?

http://classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/edgespots.htm

I know my second mock up wasn't quite to OPs requirements regarding spot level, I just ignored it. Personally I would prefer to be 100% happy with each chip rather than base cost price especially for CPC chips :)

And Dave I will endeavor to add inlays to my mock ups in the future ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom