Shipping From China - SunFly (2 Viewers)

SteelDoor

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of comments about shipping costs from China, and yes its horrible.
Has anyone found any other option for getting chips out of China (SunFly) cheaper?

I just got a quote on a custom order of 720 chips - PolyChrome ceramics
shipping + PayPal charge took the price from .41 per chip to .66 per chip delivered to my door.

The 43mm Everest stock chips from Apollon are priced at .81
The Royal 43mm (China Clay) from Apache Poker are .49

I'm not saying .66 is cheap but it's not1-3 per chip either...

Has anyone *cracked* the shipping issue?

You can have them shipped by container ship (slow boat from China, literally), but it takes a very long time (especially for small quantities smaller than a pallet) to plan, orchestrate, and execute the logistics, and almost requires being well-versed in Chinese speech/text in order to deal with a broker. Not worth it, imo.

Best bet for minimizing air freight charges is to include a smallish order with a larger one (like a group buy).

And watch out for the China import tax under code 9903.88.15 ... tack on another 15% ... assuming you are bringing them into the US

And watch out for the China import tax under code 9903.88.15 ... tack on another 15% ... assuming you are bringing them into the US
They don't break it down, that's my landed cost...
I think UPS added the import tax in a direct bill to @Geremie after delivery. Sun-Fly did not include it in their charges.

I'm pretty new here as well, and i checked out sunfly's website - how do you go about actually ordering/customizing chips?

I have seen a lot of comments about shipping costs from China, and yes its horrible.
Has anyone found any other option for getting chips out of China (SunFly) cheaper?

shipping + PayPal charge took the price from .41 per chip to .66 per chip delivered to my door.

What I'm wondering is if they'll make the Ravenor label as Polyinno chips at 43mm?

Also why in the hell are the Everest chips not available above 500? I was debating using that for a tourney set.

Import taxes and fees are only on goods valued at over $800 if I recall correctly. I just got into this stuff myself recently.

Also most Chinese distributors vastly undervalue they're goods they're shipping because they also pay export taxes in China, so something that you paid $800 for the exporter will likely undervalue considerably. Obviously if you're talking huge sums of money though you need to find other work arounds.

Slightly better than my quote of $0.70/chip for 500 :)

Just saw this interesting graph, it seems shipping a container to/from China has gotten Alot less expensive. . .

SmartSelect_20231106_131824_Reddit.jpg

Last edited:
I've been really loving the china clays. Ive been somewhat looking into reselling them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom